TEAM SHELBY FORUM

kaylan1521

What deal did you get?  Where are you from?  What were you told?  How much did you put down?  What do you love?  What would you like to see different?

361[/snapback]

No deal yet. I am from Toronto. Wasn't told too much, and was given photcopied articles. basically I was told to brink 2k and that would hold the car for me since I put my name on the list way way back. I am currently #7. I love everything aboutthe car but mostly the powertrain. I am a power junkie!

No deal yet. I am from Toronto. Wasn't told too much, and was given photcopied articles. basically I was told to brink 2k and that would hold the car for me since I put my name on the list way way back. I am currently #7. I love everything aboutthe car but mostly the powertrain. I am a power junkie!

372[/snapback]

We're from Ottawa, but moved to Kelowna B.C. in '96. I put down a $2000 deposit at Brown Brothers Ford in Vancouver in June'05 and they want another $1000 by the end of the year. I have been told to expect MRSP to be around $52-53000 Cdn. and I will pay whatever MRSP is with no markup. I'm #2 on the list.

We're from Ottawa, but moved to Kelowna B.C. in '96.  I put down a $2000 deposit at Brown Brothers Ford in Vancouver in June'05 and they want another $1000 by the end of the year.  I have been told to expect MRSP to be around $52-53000 Cdn. and I will pay whatever MRSP is with no markup.  I'm #2 on the list.

373[/snapback]

You all are very fortunate. :)

I think he means where you stand number wise...some lists are up past 30 at many dealerships. I think that is wrong in that they know they will not get that many of these cars anytime soon...maybe by the next batch.

I am currently on two listings to increase my chances, back up, but once one is filled everyone one on the other list will get an instant move up.

I'm #1--and on the list for a 'vert-- at my local Ford Svt dealer near Boston @ sticker. No deposits. In fact, I got the owner to start the list back in late May/early June (being the freak that I am). Last time I checked, they have over 40 on the list (about a month ago). I hope they keep to their word, as they won't do a contract on a non-existent car. They are a nice, family owned dealer, so I hope they don't decide to change their minds and add pork because I would be out with dealer mark-up.

Anyway, welcome to the board, Kaylan!

I'm #1--and on the list for a 'vert-- at my local Ford Svt dealer near Boston @ sticker.  No deposits.  In fact, I got the owner to start the list back in late May/early June (being the freak that I am).  Last time I checked, they have over 40 on the list (about a month ago).  I hope they keep to their word, as they won't do a contract on a non-existent car.  They are a nice, family owned dealer, so I hope they don't decide to change their minds and add pork because I would be out with dealer mark-up.

Anyway, welcome to the board, Kaylan!

418[/snapback]

I too was one of the first ones on the early list. When I didn't get a call from the sales dude I made some calls and found that they were now taking deposits. Good thing I called huh? Anycase, by the time I got there with my deposit I dropped to #7 but this dealer is expecting atleast 12 cars. They are already taking orders on the 08 model for those who weren't on the original list.

As far as I know dealers in Canada cannot sell over list........ unless they register the car as a demo and then sell it as an AUCTION. I did hear of this happening with the Prowler.

Nonetheless I plan on getting this car regardless. I've even quit smoking to prove to my wife how serious I am about this car. I've already ordered my personalized tags and all. What do you guys think?

SHEL BYE

I can't wait till it is parked in the garage beside my Bullitt .

lastly, Thanks for the welcome.

• 4 years later...

Hey everybody, just saying hi.

I too have a deposit down on the car and can't wait till next summer. Still not sure what colour but I am leaning towards black.

Anyone seen Kaylan ?

Gee, reading those oldies reminds me of the anxiety many of us were feeling at that time. Guys willing to send $10,000. checks to any dealer just to get on a list.

I think we were fat dumb and happy. :hysterical:

Anyone seen Kaylan ?

Nice bash!

I'm still alive and kicking. Learnt that honesty can have repercussions. ;) Have added a couple more rides to the Corral. Picked up a mint 96 Cobra from Florida and another 01 Bullitt from Texas. Raced in Texas and Tulsa this year with the Bullitt and won both events. Car is on! Only driven the GT500 once this year, sitting in the garage with 6500 miles. Still lovin it though.

Nice bash!

I'm still alive and kicking. Learnt that honesty can have repercussions. ;) Have added a couple more rides to the Corral. Picked up a mint 96 Cobra from Florida and another 01 Bullitt from Texas. Raced in Texas and Tulsa this year with the Bullitt and won both events. Car is on! Only driven the GT500 once this year, sitting in the garage with 6500 miles. Still lovin it though.

I hear ya. Things are always changing. I have been hanging on this last year due to the bad construction market. I lost my supt job last summer due to lack of work. Lucky they put me back out in the field as a journeyman so I could continue working in some capacity instead of getting laid off. I just got called back as a Supervisor on a big job, so I'm pretty happy about that. I just got back from taking Tana out to dinner in my GT500. I'm still lovin mine too.

The bash was a good turn out this year. We raised some money for a fallen members wife and gave it to her at the event. It made both local papers.

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

I hear ya. Things are always changing. I have been hanging on this last year due to the bad construction market. I lost my supt job last summer due to lack of work. Lucky they put me back out in the field as a journeyman so I could continue working in some capacity instead of getting laid off. I just got called back as a Supervisor on a big job, so I'm pretty happy about that. OI just got back from taking Tana out to dinner in my GT500. I'm still lovin mine too.

The bash was a good turn out this year. We raised some money for a fallen members wife and gave it to her at the event. It made both local papers.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57604-2010-pnwmg-made-the-front-page-of-the-paper-again6910/page__view__findpost__p__983121__fromsearch__1

Well done. Just checked out that thread. Nice touch.

Up here we're going crazy with work. I've added 10 men to my crew and we have jobs that will keep us going until most likely March of 2011. The Gov't has been throwing money at rural communities to build/renovate Rec Centers to, as they put it to encourage kids to get more active.

Archived