TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forum is dying

twobjshelbys

Well, the traffic is down to pretty much feffman's announcements of track days.

I found out yesterday there is a fall bash.  No info here on it.

None of the navigation aids work any more.

So the forum is dead or dying.   Looks like Facebook took over here too.  It's not the only one.   There was so much good info on doing mods here, but noone seems to be doing that any more and much of the content was not ported during the disaster that got this version of the forum going.  

Stored logins haven't worked since this forum opened.  Get to the page that even acknowledges the forum.  Hit the login button.  Takes you back three pages then have to find your way back.   Not exactly human factors friendly.  Anyway, I drop in once a month or so or if something reminds me (like the bash).

I wonder who will attend.  Hope it does well.

TTFN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a long time since going thru this forum. Like most online/website forums the social media platforms have taken over, not many left that have the time or willing to spend time maintaining and work with old school forums.

I miss all the good links to build sheets, production numbers etc. in here, everything is now not available.

I guess the Shelby community probably have the same issues recruiting the younger generations like other american muscle car clubs around the world. Also there is a fairly expensive hobby / lifestyle :)....

With that said, most of the social media platforms and groups are working good, lots of members and users and quick responses.

Norway

On 8/23/2023 at 5:55 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Well, the traffic is down to pretty much feffman's announcements of track days.

I found out yesterday there is a fall bash.  No info here on it.

None of the navigation aids work any more.

So the forum is dead or dying.   Looks like Facebook took over here too.  It's not the only one.   There was so much good info on doing mods here, but noone seems to be doing that any more and much of the content was not ported during the disaster that got this version of the forum going.  

Stored logins haven't worked since this forum opened.  Get to the page that even acknowledges the forum.  Hit the login button.  Takes you back three pages then have to find your way back.   Not exactly human factors friendly.  Anyway, I drop in once a month or so or if something reminds me (like the bash).

I wonder who will attend.  Hope it does well.

TTFN

Hey Tony   Well its nice to see some of the old crew still on the forum.  I am going to make the effort to start coming back and checking in on a regular basis.  I sure miss the old days when this was the go to place for Shelby Info and help with your cars.  There is lots of knowledge here.  Still have my 08 Shelby GT/BJ Mustang.  Not an issue one until this year when the door panels gave up the ghost.  Youtubed all the fixes and decided to have an upholstry shop do it right the first time.

I have decided to open back up my project of tracking the BJ Shelby Mustangs.  I gave up on it years ago, but think I am going to take another shot at it.

Cheers GG

Edited by Glenn Greenwell
typo of course

• 2 weeks later...

Forums are definitly on life support at this point. Like mentioned above, I think the forum really died when they redid the forum and lost a big chunk of everything in the process. I think it is kind of the same way with SAAC. The Facebook "forums" are such a terrible thing because you can't search for anything, everything gets buried and there is no organization. I hope that fourms make a comeback some day soon though. If it will, it is incombent on us to try and keep them alive.

On 10/6/2023 at 3:31 PM, Sean Wright said:

Forums are definitly on life support at this point. Like mentioned above, I think the forum really died when they redid the forum and lost a big chunk of everything in the process. I think it is kind of the same way with SAAC. The Facebook "forums" are such a terrible thing because you can't search for anything, everything gets buried and there is no organization. I hope that fourms make a comeback some day soon though. If it will, it is incombent on us to try and keep them alive.

Agreed.  It is frustrating for Team Shelby members as well as those seeking information and discussion on these special Shelby American vehicles.

• 1 month later...

Still have my 2006 GT-H. Owned many Shelby’s over the past 45 years. Too bad this forum had to die. Still can’t add any pictures over a certain size. Spend a lot of time on other forums. Mustang G6 and the Mid-engine forum . Yep crossed over to the dark side back in 2020. C8 convertible baby !!

Where the heck is BB,  Mongoose and all the others. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 3:01 PM, owenkelley said:

I read there was going to be a Shelby event in Las Vegas to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the GT350 so I came here looking for info. Not having much luck......

Team Shelby is sometimes not very forthcoming with details. Looked at Motor Cities Region Facebook page, but details have been removed. I was thrown off Team Shelby National Facebook page for being a smart aleck yankee snare drummer, so I can't look there. I would like to think it's because they are so busy planning event that they can't give out details.

• 1 month later...