TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT 6CD Player Refurbished

Glenn Greenwell

I am wondering if anyone has refurbished their oem cd/player Sat radio.  My radio and Sat work CD Player shows error initializing line error won’t eject disks or play them.

I want to keep my Shelby GT stock so want to use reputable radio repair facility.

Any advice appreciated GG

My 2003 Tribute Edition Shelby GT 500 has the Mach 1000 with the 6 Disc.  When I press the Load CD button, it says it is full and when I push the Eject CD it says it is Empty.  It IS Empty.  I would like to see about getting mine fixed too.

20220827_094542.jpg

Edited by David Hawkins

Sorry for late reply...mine is showing 6 discs across display when no disc is in it.  Common problem.  Battery killer after awhile. I'm still thinking of what to do. Please keep me posted please. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 7:28 PM, Glenn Greenwell said:

I am wondering if anyone has refurbished their oem cd/player Sat radio.  My radio and Sat work CD Player shows error initializing line error won’t eject disks or play them.

I want to keep my Shelby GT stock so want to use reputable radio repair facility.

Any advice appreciated GG

Well I ended up googling as no one chimed in.  I located OEM Auto Sound, 3732 Grissome Lane, Kissimee, Fl 34741   phone 407 933 1065  oemautosound.com

This was a good move, my Shaker 1000 6 CD Player was completely refurbished flat rate of $170 plus shipping with a turn around of less than 14 days.   Works like it did when new and they retrieved all my CDs shipping them back.  Very easy to speak with and essentially just removed the CD Changer in the top of the factory radio and installed a new one.

I was pretty impressed.  Back in the day our forum buddies would have chimed in all over this and given advice on what to do.  This is the way to go.  I breifly thought about installing a next generation radio with nav etc, but with this being a numbered Shelby GT/BJ and discussing with my son, we decided to stay stock.

Cheers GG

On 4/14/2023 at 9:46 PM, David Hawkins said:

My 2003 Tribute Edition Shelby GT 500 has the Mach 1000 with the 6 Disc.  When I press the Load CD button, it says it is full and when I push the Eject CD it says it is Empty.  It IS Empty.  I would like to see about getting mine fixed too.

20220827_094542.jpg

Mine did this very thing also

• 4 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 1:05 AM, Glenn Greenwell said:

Well I ended up googling as no one chimed in.  I located OEM Auto Sound, 3732 Grissome Lane, Kissimee, Fl 34741   phone 407 933 1065  oemautosound.com

This was a good move, my Shaker 1000 6 CD Player was completely refurbished flat rate of $170 plus shipping with a turn around of less than 14 days.   Works like it did when new and they retrieved all my CDs shipping them back.  Very easy to speak with and essentially just removed the CD Changer in the top of the factory radio and installed a new one.

I was pretty impressed.  Back in the day our forum buddies would have chimed in all over this and given advice on what to do.  This is the way to go.  I breifly thought about installing a next generation radio with nav etc, but with this being a numbered Shelby GT/BJ and discussing with my son, we decided to stay stock.

Cheers GG

Back in the day...exactly.  

Sounds like the best way to go. Mine in my '08 SGT Vert went about 6 years ago. I've copied the contact info you posted and am

going to look into that avenue of repair.

Thanks for doing the leg work.

Don