TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Founding Member Plaque

I just rescued a neglected 2007 Shelby GT (CSM#2782) from a person who didn't respect a Shelby mustang - I'll leave it at that other than to mention that he had camouflaged seat covers on the Shelby.  The attached picture is of a plaque that is heavily glued on the inside trunk lid.  I am the 4th owner and purchased it from the 3rd owner who knew nothing about the plaque.  I have researched and found, and talked to, the first owner and he could not remember if the plaque was on their or not when he bought if from Ken Graff Ford in St. George, UT.

Why would a Terlingua Plaque be on a Shelby GT and in the trunk?

Anyone know anything about the plaque?

Thanks ..... Don

Terlingua founding member badge.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 2:04 PM, Don JDWHSKY Theall 25695 said:

I just rescued a neglected 2007 Shelby GT (CSM#2782) from a person who didn't respect a Shelby mustang - I'll leave it at that other than to mention that he had camouflaged seat covers on the Shelby.  The attached picture is of a plaque that is heavily glued on the inside trunk lid.  I am the 4th owner and purchased it from the 3rd owner who knew nothing about the plaque.  I have researched and found, and talked to, the first owner and he could not remember if the plaque was on their or not when he bought if from Ken Graff Ford in St. George, UT.

Why would a Terlingua Plaque be on a Shelby GT and in the trunk?

Anyone know anything about the plaque?

Thanks ..... Don

It was definitely not there when the vehicle was brand new so that pretty much would mean the first owner installed it and has forgotten. Also that "plaque" besides being poorly produced has all kinds of conflicting data. Founding member of Team Shelby with a date of 2009? Although one could call the 2005-09 Shelby Terlingua limited due to lack of orders the Shelby Terlingua was never referred to as a "limited edition".

I would think that if you reached out to the Shelby Terlingua FaceBook page someone over there will probably be able to tell you who made the plaque. I suspect it was produced by a Terlingua owner.