TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stopping by!

JeffIsHereToo

I came back to see if anyone had posted anything on the new GTH Hertz program, I’m renting one, and got a little reminiscent scrolling through here. Crazy to think it’s now been over 15 years! I still remember the names, the events, and the many miles.  I don’t think I’ll ever have the same excitement around a car or community again. Hope all my old friends are well!

Edited by JeffIsHereToo

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't dropped in a long time. Wonder why it's all dead. Still have #453 GTH. 1st owner. Daily driver in Chicago. NOT a show queen. Oh, so many items I wished I had picked up or kept. Like, I had the big GTH front window sticker, GTH console, GTH book (not many of those). I still have the GTH floor mats and GTH wheel centers (those are faded. Original stripes (yep, washed out yellow now). Lots of Berg Snake add ons as they came out. Gave up on fog lights a decade ago. Always burning out.

Anyway, bought her out of the fleet (came out of Maui) to drive daily. And I have done exactly that. Drove her in a rainstorm today. Still in love.

A couple pics....the wheels and tires are my snow drivers. The originals are stacked in front. YES, we got a big snow storm last week.

Anybody else around? Casey

Screenshot_20230316_181903_Gallery.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My wife told me at one time I could get one of the B-J Mustangs back. (now that woudl be another different one).  But after thinking about it if I were to go back to that generation I would probably choose the 07 Hertz convertible over the Shelby GT.  The Hertz cars will always be recognizable.