TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Try ordering from small dealerships

wbaect

I am in Austin, TX and am/was on the "lists" here at all of the large Ford Dealerships for a GT 500. Of course, just like most everyone else, I found that all of those dealers were wanting to auction their cars to the highest bidder or charging at least $10K over sticker.

I started calling around small dealerships in the state, and it APPEARS that I might have a deal with one of them who have said that they are going to put my order in the dealer bank today. So far no mention of any markup.

We'll see what happens, but if you are trying to order, check with the small-town dealers. Feel free to PM me if you want to know which one I am working with.

I am in Austin, TX and am/was on the "lists" here at all of the large Ford Dealerships for a GT 500. Of course, just like most everyone else, I found that all of those dealers were wanting to auction their cars to the highest bidder or charging at least $10K over sticker.

I started calling around small dealerships in the state, and it APPEARS that I might have a deal with one of them who have said that they are going to put my order in the dealer bank today. So far no mention of any markup.

We'll see what happens, but if you are trying to order, check with the small-town dealers. Feel free to PM me if you want to know which one I am working with.

I completely agree. That's how I got mine. Was on a list at $10K over MSRP, dealer backed out of the deal, I found a small non-SVT dealer in a small town up in the mountains, got it for $2K over MSRP...just to cover his certification costs.

I completely agree. That's how I got mine. Was on a list at $10K over MSRP, dealer backed out of the deal, I found a small non-SVT dealer in a small town up in the mountains, got it for $2K over MSRP...just to cover his certification costs.

I am in northeast Texas and did the same thing. Got one for MSRP and they were glad to get the deal. A friend of mine did the same thing with another dealer after I did. :happy feet:

I am in northeast Texas and did the same thing. Got one for MSRP and they were glad to get the deal. A friend of mine did the same thing with another dealer after I did. :happy feet:

A little bit of history involved too. In 1964 my father bought one of the first 3000 Mustangs to roll off the line (black coupe with the 289 but not a Hi-Po). He tried to get it in the city his lived, but each Dealer initially only got two...so he had to drive out to a small-town dealer in East Texas. Pretty cool.

Archived