TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Work & Play!

wildcat

My first attempt to post pics of the ride. They are from my camera phone, so excuse the quality.

And before the comments start, I just washed the Shelby, so NO, I don't have a massive engine leak, and NO, Grabbers dog didn't pee on my wheel! :hysterical:

Notice the suspension, it's about 1.25" lower in front and 1.5" in back. Steeda.

Being a Ford man has never been better! New GT500 mustangs, and the F150's are hands down the best truck out there.

post-2968-1187381161_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187381175_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187381190_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187381204_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187381161_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187381175_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187381190_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187381204_thumb.jpg

My first attempt to post pics of the ride. They are from my camera phone, so excuse the quality.

And before the comments start, I just washed the Shelby, so NO, I don't have a massive engine leak, and NO, Grabbers dog didn't pee on my wheel! :hysterical:

Notice the suspension, it's about 1.25" lower in front and 1.5" in back. Steeda.

Being a Ford man has never been better! New GT500 mustangs, and the F150's are hands down the best truck out there.

Hi Wildcat,

Looks good. I would like to lower my car about the same amount that you did. I assume Steeda springs where involved in the transformation, where any other parts changed, ie. panhard bar, shocks etc. How about ride quality and handling. If you could give us a little more info I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Wildcat,

Looks good. I would like to lower my car about the same amount that you did. I assume Steeda springs where involved in the transformation, where any other parts changed, ie. panhard bar, shocks etc. How about ride quality and handling. If you could give us a little more info I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Rob,

What I affectionately call my "Steeda Shelby Competition Suspension" is actually a used setup off of a Steeda GT500 Showcar that was used at Hallett Roadcourse for the MidAmerica Shelby meet this summer. It's a great setup. It has the fully adjustable suspension system and coilover springs. The things I didn't get, but still need, are an adjustable panhard bar (see my signature! :banghead: ), and an adjustable 3rd link.

I use the car for a daily driver (2-3 days per week), and the ride quality is just as good as before, yet it really handles well in corners with almost no body roll. I really like the feel of Steeda's suspension upgrades.

I haven't done any engine upgrades yet. I had planned on doing that first, but when I had a chance to get this suspension off the showcar I couldn't pass it up. They are about to road test a new suspension system for Eibach, so I was in the right place at the right time to get the Steeda suspension when they did the trade out. YIPEE!! :happy feet:

This is the car it came off of:

post-2968-1187434842_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187434853_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187434842_thumb.jpg

post-2968-1187434853_thumb.jpg

I wasn't a Ford man until GM turned me into one from 1994-2000. My Entire Family Aunts/Uncles/Cousins ECT. on down the line were all GM people too. Man has that ever changed. I currently own 3 Superduties all bought new. One new F150 and of course the GT500. Last Thanksgiving there were 9 Fords 1 Honda 1 Hundia 1 Jeep and 1 Caddy, Esclaide in the yard. From what I hear the Caddy will soon be departing. I just got tired of my truck being in the shop every other week. I don't have that problem now.

Hey wildcat, Did Car F/X part out that car? That's the one I raced mine against at that meet. It was a fun looking car, glass roof and all....I didn't think he would part it out though? sell it maybe, but.... :cry:

Yes, it is Tulsa Car F/X, but don't worry, they aren't parting it out! In fact, they keep improving on it. It's one of the most unique GT500's around.

The reason they took the Steeda suspension off of it is because Eibach wants them to use their car to test a new GT500 suspension that they are bringing to market soon. Tulsa Car F/X's Shelby will be in a couple upcoming articles reviewing Eibach's new suspension. But the great news for me is that the Steeda suspension had to come off to put on the Eibach suspension, so I was the benefactor of a hand-me-down!!

I had actually gone in just to talk to them about lowering my GT500, but it was a right time/right place thing and I ended up getting a whole suspension instead of just a lowering kit.

By the way, Tulsa Car F/X is a class act. They work on nothing but S197 mustangs and they've worked on just about every Shelby within driving distance of Tulsa. If any of you are within the area, I highly recommend paying them a visit. They are family owned and operated and are the best place around in my opinion!

Hey wildcat. I didn't realize you were in Tulsa. Congrats on getting what I assume was an unbelievable deal on the suspension. I live in Fort Gibson, OK and occasionally bring my car up to Tulsa. Usually either date night with the wife or a trip to the drag strip. Hope to see you around. Mines red/white.

Archived