TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5spd GT owners, does your car klunk when shifting???

90GT

For those of you who own a 5spd man GT, does your car make a klunking sound from the rear when shifting??? My car does this on occasion and it's rather friggen annoying!!! :censored:

It doesn't make any noise when going over a bump, only when I'm shifting and mostly on upshifts. I've had it to the dealer and they said it's due to the two piece drive shaft and is normal. :redcard:

I'm going to take it to Fred and the boys at Evo and see what they say. I may just swap the two piece drive shaft out for a single if I know for certain that it would cure the problem.

I kinda have the same thing. Doesn't do it all the time. It is annoying.

It is very annoying. I paid good money for this car and while I don't expect it to be perfect, this is unacceptable. I'll find out what it is and have it fixed myself if I need to.

For those of you who own a 5spd man GT, does your car make a klunking sound from the rear when shifting??? My car does this on occasion and it's rather friggen annoying!!! :censored:

It doesn't make any noise when going over a bump, only when I'm shifting and mostly on upshifts. I've had it to the dealer and they said it's due to the two piece drive shaft and is normal. :redcard:

I'm going to take it to Fred and the boys at Evo and see what they say. I may just swap the two piece drive shaft out for a single if I know for certain that it would cure the problem.

Mine does it. I hear its the 2 pc driveshaft and the clunk goes away with the 1 pc ...

I think it's the two piece drive shaft. I've had the car looked at by the dealer and they said every thing is fine. Even went over the suspension with all the mods I've done which I thought was pretty cool. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Tech said it's just the downfall of having the drive shaft the way Ford designed it.

I'll let Fred and the boys at Evo check her out and see what they say.

I think it's the two piece drive shaft. I've had the car looked at by the dealer and they said every thing is fine. Even went over the suspension with all the mods I've done which I thought was pretty cool. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Tech said it's just the downfall of having the drive shaft the way Ford designed it.

I'll let Fred and the boys at Evo check her out and see what they say.

Was there a driveline change for 07?

I got the same feedback from my Ford dealership. I have an 07 5spd GT.

In short, I was told that the noise is 100% normal, especially for 5spd GT's. The noise would not be noticeable in an automatic due to the setup. The noise would range in 5spd GT's based on how the part tolerances stack up.

We then jumped into a new 5spd Mustang (13 miles) and took it for a drive. I noticed the clunk a little bit at low RPMs between 1st and 2nd, especially when turning corners.

Oh, I almost forgot. The dealership's suggestion was to drive it more aggressively...coming out of gears above 3300 rpms.

I still battle with the driveline clunk issue but at least some of you see the "100% normal" problem too. :banghead:

Was there a driveline change for 07?

I got the same feedback from my Ford dealership. I have an 07 5spd GT.

In short, I was told that the noise is 100% normal, especially for 5spd GT's. The noise would not be noticeable in an automatic due to the setup. The noise would range in 5spd GT's based on how the part tolerances stack up.

We then jumped into a new 5spd Mustang (13 miles) and took it for a drive. I noticed the clunk a little bit at low RPMs between 1st and 2nd, especially when turning corners.

Oh, I almost forgot. The dealership's suggestion was to drive it more aggressively...coming out of gears above 3300 rpms.

I still battle with the driveline clunk issue but at least some of you see the "100% normal" problem too. :banghead:

Higher rpm does seem to limit the clunk but it's still there. Never made it to Evo today, have to try to get it there mid week. I don't think it's the suspension because it only makes the noise when shifting not when going over bumps.

Archived