TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Experience with Evolution

2FST4U

I live at 7500 ft. elevation. My car has never seen less than 5000 feet. A while back I installed Stage one from Evolution. I had some questions about loading the tune and the boost level. I talked to Fred and he was very helpful. I dyno'd at 460 HP. The car just didn't have the hit I expected. I read a post from rpretzel saying he was on a dyno in Colorado at the same altitude. He was on the phone with Fred and they were adjusting the tune for better numbers. I Emailed Fred and asked if he could send me the updated altitude tune. I said I would be happy to pay. The next day I had the file at no charge. I loaded yesterday and I'm very happy with the results! I don't post much but I just wanted to say that my experience with Evolution has been excellent. Thanks Fred!

Gee I feel like I'm in a valley at 5000 feet compared to you guys. I only hit 7300 feet when I cross over the Sierra's to head for Sacramento which is almost sea level.

It is good news to hear that Fred has adapted his tune for altitude. I have not read that anyother tuners have done that.

Thanks guys for posting your good experiences with vendors - just as important to know who to go to as who to avoid :yup::yup: By the way, I too have the EVO Stage I (6 weeks now) and am getting ready to go to Stage II :happy feet:

So what are the dyno results with the new tune? if the a/f is right, theres not much different that can be done for high altitude, assuming the spark table was set up to adjust timing based on load.

I don't know what changes were made. It will be a while before I can get to a dyno. I know it has more hit than before. I just feel more comfortable with a tune that was set up on a dyno at altitude. Maybe rpretzel or Fred can give more details.

• 2 weeks later...

My only experience with Evo so far has been positive. I purchased a JLT kit and Evo tune. It arrived promptly but the carbon fiber part had a small crack in the clear coat. I called JLT and they directed me to Evo. I called Evo and they said I should send the damaged part back. I was reluctant to do this as I needed the car for an upcoming track event. Fred assured me that he would have the replacement part to me in time. The part did arrive in time. When I called Evo, before I ordered, with some questions about the stage 1 package, I got the impression that they didn't have a lot of time to talk. They weren't rude, they just seemed very busy. I don't know how much more power the package makes, but it sure sounds good. More boost, a great exhaust and supercharger sound.

Archived