TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

jbortz10

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called about the one that they are getting in Guthrie, Ok, simply because I want to see it and they told me that it's sold and the guy called and said I'll give you $100k over and the GM didn't even know what car he was talking about. The GM found out the next day and was happy to have made the deal. I am going to get a phone call to go see it before the guy picks it up though.

I want one bad, but not that bad. Durn burn it. I don't know why I keep thinking I'm going to get one...

I think many dealers are bidding on there own items under the reserve amount to create a false market.

Most of the dealers I called (the first 50 that got allocated) were asking 40-50k over. When the rest of the allocation comes out these cars will come down. I am not saying you will ever get one at sticker but 15-25k over sticker is more reasonable.

What are 07 Shelby’s going for now just barely sticker. All the hog dealers that held out for the big $$ are now eating them.

I was also at the Tasca show and one of the Shelby representatives told me that ford is going to make an 09 Shelby. Let’s face it guy and gals the 09 will be the fastest and most likely the best looking.

They will have to because competition is coming in the form of an SS corvette, the new camaro, and the new challenger.

:waiting:

I think many dealers are bidding on there own items under the reserve amount to create a false market.

Most of the dealers I called (the first 50 that got allocated) were asking 40-50k over. When the rest of the allocation comes out these cars will come down. I am not saying you will ever get one at sticker but 15-25k over sticker is more reasonable.

What are 07 Shelby’s going for now just barely sticker. All the hog dealers that held out for the big $$ are now eating them.

I was also at the Tasca show and one of the Shelby representatives told me that ford is going to make an 09 Shelby. Let’s face it guy and gals the 09 will be the fastest and most likely the best looking.

They will have to because competition is coming in the form of an SS corvette, the new camaro, and the new challenger.

:waiting:

I couldn't agree with you more. I've made a verbal commitment with my dealer for 15-20k over sticker. So if they get their allocation I'll get the KR.. And FYI... I fell in love with the Challenger at the Chicago Auto Show last year... I made a deal in writing for $1000 over sticker. If I don't get the KR I'll have a 6.4 ltr HEMI to make me feel better!!!

Of course their is going to be an 09. Look for it with a HP bump and some external styling variations from the current GT 500 and likely in higher volume. GM and Mopar will take center stage soon with their pony car offerings. These guys are going to bring some hot stuff with big balls to the table and Ford knows that they need to have a counter offer which is obviously going to be a freshened version of the GT 500.

This is a no brainer guys an has been for a long time.

I don't think you will see any changes on the 09 other than a new color and/or color stripe option offered and possibly some new options.

The 2010 will be the new redesign. So what I think will happen is the 09 will be a very short model year run from June - Jan/Feb/March.

Then the new 2010 will be out by Jan - March 09. They will have the Boss to compete with the challenger and camero.

The Boss is definite!

So if they build an 09 GT500 it will be about half the number they build for 08 assuming I am right on my prediction of the 2010 coming out very early in 09.

Archived