TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

jbortz10

Enclosed is a list of Dealers who are getting a 2008 GT500 KR

Thanks Again

Jim Bortz

jbortz@hotmail.com

814.341.6325(cell)

Once again we have a 2008 Shelby GT500 due in two weeks that is availble for sale at this time.

Ford Motor Company

Electronic Field Communications Information

EFC Number: EFC0700676 Date: 08/14/2007

Subject: Greatest of All Time - Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery Winners (July 2007)

Summary: Dealer Communication to announce 50 winners for the Shelby GT500 KR Allocation Lottery selected at random from Ford Dealers who achieved their July Greatest of All Time F-Series objectives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Target Division(s) and Addressees:

SalesOps: All Field Personnel,Field Operations

Other Recipients: mmoan,teckert,mcrowle1,brathsbu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originator Name: Annie Kilponen Phone: 313-845-0409 E-Mail: akilpone@ford.com

Division: SalesOps Department: Sales Operations

Dealer Communication: Yes

Dealer eStore Materials:

Related Communication(s): EDC0700592

Additional Contacts: Mary Moan (mmoan@ford.com) 845.0289

Concurring Manager: Bob Wolfbauer; Field Operations, SalesOps

Communication:

Greatest of All Time

Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery Winners (July 2007)

The Dealer Communication attached announces the 50 winners for the Shelby GT500 KR Allocation Lottery selected at random from the Ford Dealers who achieved their July Greatest of All Time F-Series objectives.

Action Required:

Contact winning dealers (Excel document attached) to congratulate and communicate that:

Allocation for these units will be spread over the first 3 months of KR production – Dec/Jan/Feb

More specific scheduling details will be provided with December wholesale, and at that time:

If certified dealer, gather order # to prioritize for scheduling

If not certified dealer, request information on the certified dealer the winning dealer has selected (and negotiated price with) to order – gather dealer code and order # to prioritize for scheduling

The following Dealer Communication will be posted to fmcdealer on Tuesday, August 14, 2007:

This Field Communication also contains the following Dealer Communication:

Dealer Summary: Announcing 50 winners for the Shelby GT500 KR Allocation Lottery selected at random from Ford Dealers who achieved their July Greatest of All Time F-Series objectives.

To: All Ford Dealers

Addressees: Dealer Principal

Sales Manager

Communication:

Greatest of All Time…

Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery - WINNERS

To add an extra kick to the F-Series Greatest of All Time contest in July, we announced a Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery and all Ford Dealers who achieved their objectives in July were entered into the random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation held Monday, August 13, 2007.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

To the following WINNERS of

2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Allocation:

DEALERNAME

CITY

STATE

SATCHER MOTOR COMPANY

GRANITEVILLE

SC

PLACE MOTOR, INC.

WEBSTER

MA

CROWLEY FORD, LLC

PLAINVILLE

CT

BALISE FORD OF WILBRAHAM

WILBRAHAM

MA

MULLAHEY FORD

ARROYO GRANDE

CA

HILBISH MOTOR CO

KANNAPOLIS

NC

BILL SMITH FORD INC

SOUTHERN PINES

NC

CELLA FORD INC

NEW BERN

NC

LOUIS LAKIS FORD, INC.

GALESBURG

IL

WEBB FORD ON 95TH, LLC

EVERGREEN PARK

IL

BLOOMINGTON FORD INC

BLOOMINGTON

IN

KRIEGER FORD INC

COLUMBUS

OH

MATT FORD SALES INC

BUCKNER

MO

MAGARINO FORD LINCOLN MERCURY

SUSSEX

NJ

CAUSEWAY FORD & MERCURY

MANAHAWKIN

NJ

MALLON FORD

TACOMA

WA

MIKE DAVIDSON FORD

JACKSONVILLE

FL

BOZARD FORD COMPANY

ST AUGUSTINE

FL

BERGEY'S FORD, INC.

AMBLER

PA

MAGUIRE'S FORD OF LEBANON

LEBANON

PA

MIKE BASS FORD, INC.

LORAIN

OH

BEDFORD FORD LINCOLN-MERCURY

BEDFORD

PA

MONARCH FORD

EXETER

CA

ALBANY FORD INC

ALBANY

CA

COUNTRY FORD-MERCURY

PLAINS

MT

RALPH BAIRD MOTORS, INC.

LARNED

KS

JIM CHARLON FORD, INC.

RIDGECREST

CA

PINICON FORD LINC MERC, INC.

INDEPENDENCE

IA

KOENECKE FORD-MERCURY INC

REEDSBURG

WI

WEST POINT FORD

WEST POINT

NE

RUSTY WALLACE FORD MERCURY

NEWPORT

TN

KRIEGER FORD LINCOLN-MERCURY

MUSCATINE

IA

PETTIJOHN AUTO CENTER, INC.

BETHANY

MO

KEENAN'S INC

WHITEHALL

WI

RIVERFRONT FORD-MERCURY, INC.

MOMENCE

IL

PRITCHARD'S OF CLEAR LAKE

CLEAR LAKE

IA

LAKE VIEW FORD, INC.

CONNEAUT LAKE

PA

WEST ALABAMA FORD

SULLIGENT

AL

FREESE MOTORS, INC.

MONTICELLO

IA

FRIENDLY FORD

CROSBY

TX

JOHN CHANDLER FORD, INC.

AMARILLO

TX

PLANET FORD HIGHWAY 6

HOUSTON

TX

ELLIOTT FORD LINCOLN MERCURY

MOUNT PLEASANT

TX

ANCIRA EAGLE PASS FORD MERCURY

EAGLE PASS

TX

BRINSON FORD LINCOLN-MERCURY O

ATHENS

TX

COUNTRY FORD-MERCURY, INC.

GUTHRIE

OK

MILLS MOTOR, INC.

BAXTER

MN

DARCARS FORD

LANHAM

MD

PLAZA FORD INC

BEL AIR

MD

PRESTON FORD LINCOLN MERCURY

HURLOCK

MD

Units will be scheduling during the initial months of KR production (Dec '07-Feb '08).

· Regions will contact each winning dealer to get order number and provide scheduling details beginning with December wholesale.

REMINDER:

Dealers not certified to sell Shelby (non-certified Full line or Truck only dealerships) will have the option to purchase a 2008 model year Mustang Shelby GT500 based on the following guidelines:

Allocation will be provided to the dealer designated by the winning Non Certified Dealership

2008MY Shelby GT500KR must be titled and registered to the Dealer Principal or General Manager of the Non Certified Dealership for a minimum of 1 year

Price is negotiated between the Dealer Principal/General Manager of the Non Certified Dealership and the delivering Ford Dealership

Dealerships must be a Ford Dealership operational by July 1, 2007 to be eligible to win an allocation.

The Mustang Shelby GT500KR Allocation will be awarded to the winning Dealership by Dealer Code and cannot be transferred (except in case of Non-certified Dealerships)

Ford Motor Company reserves the right to revoke a winning allocation if any of these rules have been violated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
REMINDER:

Dealers not certified to sell Shelby (non-certified Full line or Truck only dealerships) will have the option to purchase a 2008 model year Mustang Shelby GT500 based on the following guidelines:

Allocation will be provided to the dealer designated by the winning Non Certified Dealership

2008MY Shelby GT500KR must be titled and registered to the Dealer Principal or General Manager of the Non Certified Dealership for a minimum of 1 year

Can someone put this into plain English for me? Does this mean that any non-certified dealer that wins a KR allocation can not sell it to the public for at least one year?

I just got off the phone with the manager of a Ford dealer near me, that is on this list. I asked him to keep me posted on his terms for selling the car.

He said he just found out last night and was interested in how I knew he was getting one. I told him about this site.

He said he thinks the market for this car will price it at betwen $100,000 to 150,000 over MSRP.

So that is the full MSRP, plus the mother of all mark ups. Whether he can get that or not, it is obvious that with only 1000 being made, I'm not in the running.

Yup. I am so glad I got an 07. Looks like these KRs are out of reach of us mere mortals.

Those who can afford it will be those hedge fund managers who haven't gotten crushed by the mortgage meltdown.

:shift:

Sorry, I do not think the car is worth it at face value. Collector maybe, but other than that, let them eat cake. Funny how not one went to a dealer in MI. Oh well, I think the whole KR thing is stupid.... the battle for a GT500 was bad enough when being made in the thousands... this is like winning the lotto and having to pay for it! No thanks.... I can live with my GT500 just fine! Just not enough there to justify the price, nor the small HP gain!

Sorry, I do not think the car is worth it at face value. Collector maybe, but other than that, let them eat cake. Funny how not one went to a dealer in MI. Oh well, I think the whole KR thing is stupid.... the battle for a GT500 was bad enough when being made in the thousands... this is like winning the lotto and having to pay for it! No thanks.... I can live with my GT500 just fine! Just not enough there to justify the price, nor the small HP gain!

As we have seen, "worth it" is what a willing buyer pays a willing seller....yada yada...

We all know this story.

I guess most of us will get to just watch the show!

:lurk:

Can someone put this into plain English for me? Does this mean that any non-certified dealer that wins a KR allocation can not sell it to the public for at least one year?

That's what it says. The owner or GM must take title in their name and keep it for one year before being able to sell it. That doesn't make sense to me. Once they take title in their personal name it is their personal property and I don't see how Ford can do anything about it if they sold it.

I can see where they have to at least title it in their name because they are not an authorized dealer to sell these, but I can't see why or how they can make them retain ownership for one year. No mater what they have to sell it as a USED car. So what the point of the one year thing is I have no idea! Dumb in my opinion!

As we have seen, "worth it" is what a willing buyer pays a willing seller....yada yada...

We all know this story.

I guess most of us will get to just watch the show!

:lurk:

Hey man...where you been for the last week ?

dual personality ????

That's what it says. The owner or GM must take title in their name and keep it for one year before being able to sell it. That doesn't make sense to me. Once they take title in their personal name it is their personal property and I don't see how Ford can do anything about it if they sold it.

I can see where they have to at least title it in their name because they are not an authorized dealer to sell these, but I can't see why or how they can make them retain ownership for one year. No mater what they have to sell it as a USED car. So what the point of the one year thing is I have no idea! Dumb in my opinion!

Seems like with the money that will be on the table, even if Ford trys to set rules, there will be a way around them. Seems like they didn't follow a lot of what they said they were going to do in allocating/selling the 07s?

That's what I'd have to do: STEAL IT.

:hysterical::redcard:

OK LOOK guys and gals I"M not a greedy bastard

ok my dealership won a KR as well in the lottery------and more than one

locater service and other dealerships have called and offered lots an lots of money for my KR---

way more than what i told a prospecting buyer i would take for it--which was---$50000.00-- over BTW

and i turned them all down OK ----------------

and before it gets here---i'm sure lots of more offer's will come in for more than what has been offered so far

as a business person $$ is imporant to the bottom line

but being one of the first to get the KR does not mean more money is the most imporant thing out there---- the customer is.....

Randy Fry

Ralph Baird Motors

Larned Kansas

locater service and other dealerships have called and offered lots an lots of money for my KR---

way more than what i told a prospecting buyer i would take for it--which was---$50000.00-- over BTW

and before it gets here---i'm sure lots of more offer's will come in for more than what has been offered so far

but being one of the first to get the KR does not mean more money is the most imporant thing out there---- the customer is.....

Randy Fry

Ralph Baird Motors

Larned Kansas

I wasn't calling you any names. I was just saying that at these prices, I can't afford it. What you sell it for is up to you.

Randy Fry

Ralph Baird Motors

Larned Kansas

Ok, does that mean you'll sell the KR at MSRP? If so I'll take it!!!!

Mike

My GT500 has a CAI for $850 bucks. :shift: I would line up with one anyday and we would be dead even on power. :happy feet:

For the price of one KR, a guy could buy 2 or 3 GT500's

What do you mean dead even??? The KR is only 540HP. Doesn't the CAI with tune give you about 70 - 90 more HP?

Correct

Thanks.

The KR hood should have been the original hood for the GT500!

And this $100,000-$50,000 over MSRP crap is just that!! I don't care about free market bullshoot, it's not like I don't want the car (I DO), but it just isn't worth that much money!!!

Guy from Bozard is supposed to be stopping by today. No I am not going to buy it as I think the price is going to be at least 100k OVER MSRP. Anyway if he does and I get any useful info I will be sure to post.

3 places listed aren't very far from here.At least I'll get to see it in a showroom.I'm not taking out a mortgage for a car, like I said before"Greed sucks"

I wonder if we'll ever see one on the road? I suppose ppeople drive Ferraris and such.

:banghead:

Hey guys as mentioned above this was the 1st allocation for a July F Series Truck promotion. Dealers will get KR allocations for other things like being a President's Award Winner (Customer Satisfaction) for 2007, maybe high sales volume for 2007 and of course as a give away to draw the dealers to some meeting or show. You can bet Ford's next Dealer meeting a few will also be raffled off.........So stay tuned for more announcements as the 2008 approaches!

I wonder if we'll ever see one on the road? I suppose ppeople drive Ferraris and such.

:banghead:

I do occasionally see a Ferrari on the road, but thr KR is no Ferrari, or Aston Martin or Ford GT and should not sell for the same price! Don't get me wrong, I think the KR will be a great car, I want one desperately, but that doesn't mean it is worth $50,000 to $150,000 over MSRP!!!

Pardon me while I rant, but if a dealer chooses to sell a car at below MSRP to keep the buyer from buying the car from some other dealer, meet their own sales goals...then fine, but that is the dealer's decision, not Ford's. By selling these cars at such a ridiculous amount over MSRP it just pisses me off and puts me off to all Ford products. :banghead:

Agree 100%. Any price even approaching the 6 figure mark for this car is just plain stupid. There are no guarantees of future value here.

Ya ever wonder how the guys that paid $250,000.00 for a Ford GT feel about their decision now.

your just a hater cause you cant afford one. you have no idea how they feel, hater.

:hysterical:

Archived