TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Check on the Status of your GT500 order

This was posted on 08 May on Blue Oval Forums.... link below:

Check your GT500 order status....

You'll need your VIN (17 digit number)

-OR-

the following info from your order form:

1. Your Dealer Code: (the Dealer Number) Use 5 digits, drop the letter.

2. Model Year: (Year of your car, eg 2007).

3. Your Body Type: (T80 for V6 Mustang, T82 for V8 Mustang).

4. Your Order Number: Given to you by the dealer, should be on the order sheet.

good luck!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was posted on 08 May on Blue Oval Forums.... link below:

Check your GT500 order status....

You'll need your VIN (17 digit number)

-OR-

the following info from your order form:

1. Your Dealer Code: (the Dealer Number) Use 5 digits, drop the letter.

2. Model Year: (Year of your car, eg 2007).

3. Your Body Type: (T80 for V6 Mustang, T82 for V8 Mustang).

4. Your Order Number: Given to you by the dealer, should be on the order sheet.

good luck!

Thank you for sharing this information :happy feet:

Just as a note: Your password from here will NOT work over on BlueOvalForums.com

Thanks, Robert... I should have pointed that out, but it's a simple sign-up -- works the same as here, but that Forum is not nearly as info-rich as this site :-)

Ok here is a stupid question! did I read that right I can call this # and track my own order? So I can stop bugging my sales person. Or do I have to have him/her on that fourm check it for me?

If we can check on our own orders I hope that there phone line can take all the calls. That would be like 1,000,000 calls for the 9000 units per day.

mcle

Ok here is a stupid question! did I read that right I can call this # and track my own order? So I can stop bugging my sales person. Or do I have to have him/her on that fourm check it for me?

If we can check on our own orders I hope that there phone line can take all the calls. That would be like 1,000,000 calls for the 9000 units per day.

mcle

Yeah, that's how I read it... It sounds like, after your vehicle info (VIN -or- the 4 items) are in hand, you call the Voice Order Processing Center as if you WORK for the dealer. It says they may ask for your name (the salesperson's name). The posting following the posting from the link I provided above gives some insight from a person who has used it several times. It sounded like it's a usefull alternative to playing middleman with the dealer but I have no idea how 'legit' it is to pretend you work for the dealer as the thread-poster states you must do... sounds a little unusual. Sounds like the 800# they provide for VOPC is the same number the dealer would call, if I'm reading it right. (I'm not endorsing posing as a dealer employee... just pointing y'all to the posting ;-)

The following paragraph from that post is key, I think:

"Once you know all that, give the Vehicle Order Processing Center (VOPC) a ring at this number 1-800-962-3746. This is the VOPC number and it's for Dealers only. Remember, you work for the Dealer... They may ask you for your name, so have your salespersons name handy!"

Re 1,000,000 calls... hey, no problem, ... there's a lot of help desk folks in India (just kidding, now).

That is what I thought too, on how up and up this is. And if it someone could know my information I wounder just how easy would it be to mess me up and put me at the end of the dealers list or cancel the order all together. :poke::rant::headscratch: Not sure if I like this TMI is out there on the net. I think that I will gard my information as much as I can. :ninja:

As far as the millons of phone calls Ford could put there customer service people on the lines after all :headscratch: thay are doing about the ADM's.

That is what I thought too, on how up and up this is. And if it someone could know my information I wounder just how easy would it be to mess me up and put me at the end of the dealers list or cancel the order all together. :poke::rant::headscratch: Not sure if I like this TMI is out there on the net. I think that I will gard my information as much as I can. :ninja:

As far as the millons of phone calls Ford could put there customer service people on the lines after all :headscratch: thay are doing about the ADM's.

Yeah, can't disagree with that... maybe better to wait and see what others have to say about using that number after a couple of weeks. Then again, can't say I'd feel comfortable posting my info either but I don't know see what would prevent using the 800# and not posting your info on their forum... I have to admit it's not clear to me...

Same here. Has anyone had any luck with this yet?

I had the same problem but did speak with the analyst. She asked some questions to verify I was with the dealership and then informed me the order status was "Clean but Unscheduled". No VIN yet assigned.

Is that still the correct status or should it have moved forward by now? Do most other early orders have VINs now? I placed the order on March 14th.

I had the same problem but did speak with the analyst. She asked some questions to verify I was with the dealership and then informed me the order status was "Clean but Unscheduled". No VIN yet assigned.

Is that still the correct status or should it have moved forward by now? Do most other early orders have VINs now? I placed the order on March 14th.

Simply means your dealer does not have allocation to build the order. If he did have allocation it means they pulled another order. Any dealer can put an order in. It is another matter getting scheduled. No "mistakes" are going to happen with GT500. A dealer won't magically get an extra scheduled like a typical F150 or Explorer.

BTW......that phone center you are refering to is for dealers and employees ONLY! It is not set up for customer relations. Having alot of people calling daily to check on this prevents alot of good people from trying to get their job done. Always go through your dealer.............

BTW......that phone center you are refering to is for dealers and employees ONLY! It is not set up for customer relations. Having alot of people calling daily to check on this prevents alot of good people from trying to get their job done. Always go through your dealer.............

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey cobraguy12, thanks for reminding folks that the number is for employees only... I posted the following paragraph from the original link, but let me post it again below in case not everyone is scanning the whole thread:

The following paragraph from that post is key, I think:

"Once you know all that, give the Vehicle Order Processing Center (VOPC) a ring at this number 1-800-962-3746. This is the VOPC number and it's for Dealers only. Remember, you work for the Dealer... They may ask you for your name, so have your salespersons name handy!"

btw, while the original post (follow the link at the head of this forum thread) implied you can just pretend you work for the dealer, I am in not suggesting you ought to do that, though I've read that many have done so in the past. My point in starting this thread was to make everyone aware of what was happening and provide one spot where those using the number (whether employees or not) can share what they may find out... Good luck!

Let's say that 2 client orders are entered into Ford's ordering system by 2 different dealers in the same region (or different region for sake of discussion) on or about the same day both with the same prioity 10.

How is it that (shortly after), some orders get to be in a "submitted to plant" status and some sit in an "unscheduled-clean" state?

I understand allocations can play a part here in determining when (priority) a vehicle order gets "pulled" but what I do not understand is for the GT500's , (from what I've heard) dealer allocations have not yet been finalized, so how can any orders be past the "unscheduled-clean" state?

can someone help? I just got off the phone with my dealer and iasked him if he knew what my priority code was and he said since I have a vin I no longer have a priority code because it's schedualed already. Is this true? anyone, PLEASE!!!

Simply means your dealer does not have allocation to build the order. If he did have allocation it means they pulled another order. Any dealer can put an order in. It is another matter getting scheduled. No "mistakes" are going to happen with GT500. A dealer won't magically get an extra scheduled like a typical F150 or Explorer.

I only spoke with an analyst because the T88 code does not yet work. If Ford will fix the system to accept T88 to check status I would not bother the analyst. Do not plan on making a pest of myself and likely will not call back until I hear that the T88 code works in the automated system.

On another note, I suppose this antiquated 'allocation' system means that many dealers will get numerous GT500s before my dealer gets his one and only - namely mine. For presold orders the allocation system does not work. Pre sold orders should be built based on date orderd. Its the end customer waiting on the car, not the dealer. Just one more reason Ford is out of touch with its customers.

For presold orders the allocation system does not work. Pre sold orders should be built based on date orderd. Its the end customer waiting on the car, not the dealer. Just one more reason Ford is out of touch with its customers.

I agree 100%. The only flaw I could see is that dealers would start putting fake names in on day one just to get as many units as early as possible.

Let's say that 2 client orders are entered into Ford's ordering system by 2 different dealers in the same region (or different region for sake of discussion) on or about the same day both with the same prioity 10.

How is it that (shortly after), some orders get to be in a "submitted to plant" status and some sit in an "unscheduled-clean" state?

I understand allocations can play a part here in determining when (priority) a vehicle order gets "pulled" but what I do not understand is for the GT500's , (from what I've heard) dealer allocations have not yet been finalized, so how can any orders be past the "unscheduled-clean" state?

Here is the official deal. The dealer has to grant dealer allocation for a Shelby. When his number comes up he gets his order pulled. If he is not allocated for a Shelby yet he will not get his order pulled. Alot of regions are pulling this order until everyone is taken care of or production runs out:

Presidents Award Dealers 1

Full Line SVT Dealers 1

Focus SVT Certified Dealers 1

Certification Dealers 1

Full Line SVT Dealers 1 (2nd unit)

Focus SVT Certified Dealers 1 (2nd unit)

Full Line SVT Dealers 1 (3rd unit)

Hope this helps........

Here is the official deal. The dealer has to grant dealer allocation for a Shelby. When his number comes up he gets his order pulled. If he is not allocated for a Shelby yet he will not get his order pulled. Alot of regions are pulling this order until everyone is taken care of or production runs out:

Full Line SVT Dealers 1

Certification Dealers 1

Hope this helps........

Sorry...meant the Region has to grant allocation....And the ordering system is not messed up. Can you think of a more fair way to allocate a hot product?

When you say "The Region has to grant dealer allocation for a Shelby. When his number comes up he gets his order pulled. If he is not allocated for a Shelby yet he will not get his order pulled. Alot of regions are pulling this order until everyone is taken care of or production runs out:"

Dont all "Shelby sales certified" dealers qualify for at least one allocation? ( my dealer claims thay have been notified that they will receive 2 of the GT500's)

So what determines "when his number comes up"?

My dealer claims that they are "certified" although they are not an SVT dealer, they did previosly sell the GT.

Also, my order has been in an "Unscheduled-clean" state since the day it was placed into the Ford order bank on 03/16/06.

How do I get my order to the next step? (Submitted to plant)

I'm not so much worried about the "when" my order will be built, but I am concerned and just wanting to make darn sure it is on the factory's radar screen that it will be built. Even if it means that I have to wait several months.

I too feel as though every time I ask my dealer about this that they aren't to enthused to discuss, and information is not forthcoming.

I did pose similar questions to my dealer's regional rep, but he just pushed me back on the dealer who currently seems to have no control as to when the order gets pulled.

I get status info ok from the dealer, but no info as to how to get the status changed or to move the order along.

How should this get addressed?

Full Line SVT Dealers 1

Certification Dealers 1

Hope this helps........

Sorry...meant the Region has to grant allocation....And the ordering system is not messed up. Can you think of a more fair way to allocate a hot product?

Your response does sound better than what I was hearing else where. Namely that a Shelby Certified dealer that is not an SVT or PA dealer will wait behind the others but will get his first (or only) unit before larger or SVT dealers will get 2nds and 3rds.

I still feel that building and shipping in the order that CUSTOMER orders (not dealer orders) are placed is a far more equitable distribution. Again, for Customer orders, its the Customer that is waiting his turn, not the dealer. Unsold dealer orders for stock should ALWAYS take a back seat to presold CUSTOMER orders.

Could the system be abused? Sure, the current system already is. In many respects the PA award is a joke, considering customers are pressured to answer a certian way and if they do not are called to ask why. Been there done that and many of the dealers in this are that are PA winners are among the worst for customer service and workmanship. Lone Star Ford comes to mind but my personal worst is Tomball.

Besides the point. Allocation to fill CUSTOMER PRESOLD orders based on the performance of the dealership where placed is unfair to both the dealer and the customer. Ford is just out of touch with its customers on this and so many issues. Insulates its self comfortably behind dealers when convienient to do so.

I understand that other MFGs are similar so its not like I am going to jump ship. Better the devil I know....

I'm not an allocation expert, so I'll likely be a little off on my facts, but here's my understanding:

There are 160 dealers in my region. Let's say half of them are getting GT500's for sake of argument (I have no idea how many are yet). That means that my first GT500 order competed with 79 other dealers in my region to get pulled. During any given week, what if my region only has a handful of GT500's to allocate to their dealers? Let's say 8 for sake of argument. That means that during any given week, my regional rep has 8 GT500's to hand out somehow to 80 different dealers. 72 will get passed on until a future week. In this example, it may take 10 weeks for all dealers in our region to get their first GT500 order pulled.

If cobraguy12 is correct in the order in which regions will be handing out allocations (and he likely is - it does make sense), then your dealer is going to get passed over for at least several weeks and maybe more so your order will be "unscheduled/clean" for quite awhile and this would be perfectly normal. As soon as PA winners, full-line SVT, and Focus SVT dealers get their first GT500's pulled, then your dealer's group will be up for a shot at getting their first GT500 pulled - though it may take several weeks to get through the allocations available to this group.

Many people who are #2 or #3 on their dealer's GT500 list will have orders in the "unscheduled/clean" status for many, many months - maybe until after the first of the year! Again, this will be totally normal. VIN #'s and a status change will not happen until an allocation becomes available, so many of you who have already order won't know the VIN for your car for a long, long time. Again, I can not stress the normalcy of this enough.

Thanks for the insight, Five Oh B...

so my small local dealer here might actually get one fairly early (unfortunately it surely will not be at MSRP) since they're a current PA dealer... I'll have to go visit it when it comes in. He actually did get an early FordGT too (they're not an SVT dealer) but don't know if that's because they were a PA dealer then too.

With all the above being said, I ask the following.

My car is ordered through a non svt, non pa dealer, however he has gone through the certification process. According to him, he has three cars ordered. The first ordered is a dealer car. My car is second with a priorty 10, retail unit and I understand the third is also a priorty 10, retail unit. If I understand this process, he will only get one car and it will be a long time if at all before he gets the second car.

He tells me that my car should be pulled first because it is the first "retail unit" he ordered.

Here are the questions:

Is there a chance the second priorty 10 car ordered will get pulled before mine?

Can the dealer change the first car ordered (the car he ordered for the dealership) to a priorty 10 retail unit, and will it jump ahead of mine?

He seems to be a honest guy and I don't think he would screw me, however he is selling me the car a MSRP and when someone walks in with 10 or 15k, or when the owner or upper managment starts seeing $$ signs and figures out they can get the dealer car and make some extra money, honesty sometimes gets lost in the process.

Archived