TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag Racing Results

Five Oh B

Have you considered an intercooler or some meth injection on the Vortech. I used the Snow meth kit on my Procharged F150 and it helped alot! Especially in the summer. Does take some tuning though. Meth injection works good with centrifugal blowers.

In the long run, I'll likely add Vortech's aftercooler upgrade. Just couldn't afford to do it upfront as I was on a strict budget to supercharge in the first place. However, I've hit my goals the way the car stands right now, so I don't feel an urgent need to make more power yet. I was after 12.30's @ 110+ in the 1/4 mile and I'm there already, plus my GT runs 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds and 0-100 mph in 9.9 seconds, which is plenty fast for a daily driven & heavy, well-equipped automatic.

In the long run, I'll likely add Vortech's aftercooler upgrade. Just couldn't afford to do it upfront as I was on a strict budget to supercharge in the first place. However, I've hit my goals the way the car stands right now, so I don't feel an urgent need to make more power yet. I was after 12.30's @ 110+ in the 1/4 mile and I'm there already, plus my GT runs 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds and 0-100 mph in 9.9 seconds, which is plenty fast for a daily driven & heavy, well-equipped automatic.

Amen to the goal thing - without that it'll never end! Just keep spending more and more $$$ chasing the next guy who's faster than you. That being said, I just made what I HOPE is my last major purchase(s) for my car - new McLeod twin disc clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Dynatech 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, Meziere water pump, and I figured what the hell so I ordered an 8 rib pulley/belt kit - my engine bay is full of belt dust! My car will be down most of December while I figure out how to put all that on. 8-]

Good luck & Happy Racin'!

• 1 month later...

2005 Mustang GT, all stock with the exception of an WMS intake, stock tune, stock tires, 87 octane, 5/8 tank of gas, stuff in the trunk, almost 700' elevation, Lebanon Valley Dragway 6/30/2007: .534 R/T (.500 tree), 2.04 60', 13.7secs @ 102mph 1/4 mile.

1DSC02714.JPG

DSC02689a.JPG

1DSC02714.JPG

DSC02689a.JPG

Archived