TEAM SHELBY FORUM

help me settle a bet

FANTOMDAVE

I do not own a shelby, I could never even afford the insurance. A co-worker told me he heard about a guy who never took his shelby out of first gear. He thinks that would be around 50 mph, I said it would be much faster than that. If anyone could help me settle this bet it is on the new shelby and I wanted to know how fast you are going when you redline the car in first gear. Thanks in advance for your help.

2nd gear on a stock car is about 80mph @ 6250 rpms (fuel shut off)

The 1 -2 shift happens so fast I never really looked, but agree with CWHR 2nd will pull to about 80mph and 3rd 115mph...all in the first 1/4 mile. I stop looking down after that and concern myself with the road ahead. The car is amazing to drive and requires a lot of responsibility on the street.

I do not own a shelby, I could never even afford the insurance. A co-worker told me he heard about a guy who never took his shelby out of first gear. He thinks that would be around 50 mph, I said it would be much faster than that. If anyone could help me settle this bet it is on the new shelby and I wanted to know how fast you are going when you redline the car in first gear. Thanks in advance for your help.

that is more or less accurate. 51.1 mph is what someone here calculated with a spread sheet.

OK, I checked it out on the way home tonight. Getting on it I hit 55 in first gear. That was really winding it out!

The only mod I have on mine is the corsa axel backs. So I don't know if that makes much of difference or not between that or having the stock axel backs.

BTW, that cost me a little rubber off the tires doing that! Even going into second after that cost me a little rubber as well! :hysterical:

Archived