TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Idle Noise

cknight

I pulled up to a drive through yesterday, put the car in neutral and let the clutch out. I than noticed for the first time and noise. It sounded like a rough throwout bearing. Current mileage, 1,300

Does anyone else have this issue?

Is it normal?

I pulled up to a drive through yesterday, put the car in neutral and let the clutch out. I than noticed for the first time and noise. It sounded like a rough throwout bearing. Current mileage, 1,300

Is it normal?

What you describe sounds like normal gear roll-over noise. It's described in the owners manual. I've even got it on my Mini Cooper. When I first got the Mini I thought I had a bad throwout bearing too.

Is it normal?

Definitely a dud, I think you should just give up on the old girl and drop her off at my house.

I'll pm you the address. My condolences on your loss. :superhero:

Is it normal?

My trans does this also. Sometimes louder than other times.

this is a race tranny ... its not quite .... this is normal .. all ok !

CK -

Normal. You'll hear that gear roll-over noise a bit more when you turn on the A/C - that 150 RPM drop when the A/C is on is enough to make the noise noticeably louder. Wouldn't surprise me, then, if they selected the idle speed for just that reason so it would be quieter during most times you are idling with your windows down.

Archived