TEAM SHELBY FORUM

After 2 years, its finally mine.

BLU_WHT

Hi, I am a relatively new member. I have been reading all the great information shared on this site for few months. I finally took possession yesterday of my 08 Shelby coupe, blue w/white stripes. Pics will soon follow. I got on a list at my dealership 6-12-05. They were one of the few who were willing to sell at MSRP. I started out with the number 13 spot. As cars were delivered and some people backed out, I moved up the list. The dealership sold 5 allotted Shelbys for 07. And I received the first their 08. They did deliver a few more Shelbys in 07 at the request of Ford for "special people" because the dealership was selling theirs at sticker.

Once again, this is a great site and I look forward to contributing whenever I can.

Bryan

I know, I know. I forgot the digital camera yesterday. The salesman took pics, but he doesn't know how to download them and send them. He has to wait for "his guy" at the dealership that knows how. I probably won't get those til Monday. My friend used a whole roll on his 35mm that I need to get developed and I will post those. Once I got home last night, it was too dark to take any pictures.

Congrulations Bryan. I hope I am as fortunate as you. I put a deposit down on 5/21/05 for an 07 GT500. #3 on the list. My ship never came in so I became #1 for an 08 GT500. It has been ordered. I have a copy of the Vehicle Order Report with my name on it an a partial Vin.#. Orginal agreement in writing was for MSRP. The problem is, several new people at dealership, ie. Sales Mgr., Gen. Mgr. ect. I had a conversation in April about the price. The new Gen. Mgr. asked why he should sell it to me at MSRP. I said because the previous Gen. Mgr. agreed to in writing. Said he would have to check with owner. The day before Mother's Day, Saturday, he called me at home and said your car has been ordered with your specified options. I still haven't discussed price anymore. I just wanted the car ordered. That is now done. When I get a full Vin.# and build date, I will discuss the price again. I'm so eager to have this awesome American V-8 Muscle Car I can hardly stand it. "Can we say Mid-Life Crisis"

Don

When I put down my $1000 deposit in '05, the owner (3rd generation) assured me I would get the car at sticker. Just his word, nothing in writing. They are the only dealership in Metro Detroit that I am aware of that has sold all of there cars sticker.

NO PICS YET :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

I Think that most places have 1 Hour Photo Stores.. LOL :redcard:

:poke::poke:

Congrats On your NEW RIDE !!!!

And about giving us his impressions of the car, maybe he is

so overwelmed by its GREATNESS that he is Speechless :headspin:

So Ill give him a Pass on this one for at least one more day, in my

book anyway :hysterical2:

Congrulations Bryan. I hope I am as fortunate as you. I put a deposit down on 5/21/05 for an 07 GT500. #3 on the list. My ship never came in so I became #1 for an 08 GT500. It has been ordered. I have a copy of the Vehicle Order Report with my name on it an a partial Vin.#. Orginal agreement in writing was for MSRP. The problem is, several new people at dealership, ie. Sales Mgr., Gen. Mgr. ect. I had a conversation in April about the price. The new Gen. Mgr. asked why he should sell it to me at MSRP. I said because the previous Gen. Mgr. agreed to in writing. Said he would have to check with owner. The day before Mother's Day, Saturday, he called me at home and said your car has been ordered with your specified options. I still haven't discussed price anymore. I just wanted the car ordered. That is now done. When I get a full Vin.# and build date, I will discuss the price again. I'm so eager to have this awesome American V-8 Muscle Car I can hardly stand it. "Can we say Mid-Life Crisis"

Don

Interesting Don. Where in NC are you from? I had the same thing happen with a dealer last year and he would not sell me the car. The owner actually accused me of paying the GM he fired under the table to get the car at MSRP. Hopefully you are not dealing with the same guy.

My internet is down at home. So I brought my disc with the pictures to work only to find out I need Kodak EasyShare software to clean up the pictures. Which I cannot load without admin rights. The pictures are kind of grainy looking. My cable guy is supposed to be out today to fix the internet and hopefully I will be back online tonight.

My impressions. I absolutely love this car. I have had several mustangs in the past as well as other cars, but this one is my all time favorite. This has to be the fastest car I've ever owned. Even though the car is heavy, the 5.4 makes light work of it. My '05 Mustang GT felt heavier than this one. This is also the first car I ever bought with leather interior. I always avoided leather in the past because it didn't appeal to me. However, I do like this interior. Its very comfortable. As of this morning I have about 150 miles on the od. And I can't wait until I get back in the drivers seat.

Is anyone going to be cruising Woodward (before Dream Cruise) any night this week? I am going to try to head over there each night after dinner as long as the weather is good.

Hi, I am a relatively new member. I have been reading all the great information shared on this site for few months. I finally took possession yesterday of my 08 Shelby coupe, blue w/white stripes. Pics will soon follow. I got on a list at my dealership 6-12-05. They were one of the few who were willing to sell at MSRP. I started out with the number 13 spot. As cars were delivered and some people backed out, I moved up the list. The dealership sold 5 allotted Shelbys for 07. And I received the first their 08. They did deliver a few more Shelbys in 07 at the request of Ford for "special people" because the dealership was selling theirs at sticker.

Once again, this is a great site and I look forward to contributing whenever I can.

Bryan

Congratulations Bryan! I know what the two year wait is like. I was about number 6 on a list in June 2005 with Fremont Ford, but when the dealer was about to get the GT500 a year later they announced they wanted $25,000 over MSRP. I was on purchase lists with other dealers, but they flaked too. I continued to get on more purchase lists and called all over the country. Finally was called by a dealer from another state about 600 miles away last Fall and ordered the GT500 for a good price. You're lucky you found the dealer you had. My uncle has the blue with white stripe. Excellent color combination. I tried the Turtle Wax "Ice" polish and it works well. Also heard Zaino works well too.

Archived