TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My old 65 and 66 GT350's and 65 289 Cobra

Hi;

I am new here but very old in the world of Shelby's. If I can help someone who has one of my old cars with information about the car, please contact me. I owned a 65 GT350 5S063, a 66GT350-6S1908 and a 65 289 Cobra-CSX2401.

Thanks,

Bill Sander

Akron and Marion, Ohio

now in Ft. Lauderdale

Hi;

I am new here but very old in the world of Shelby's. If I can help someone who has one of my old cars with information about the car, please contact me.

Thanks,

Bill Sander

Akron and Marion, Ohio

now in Ft. Lauderdale

Nice of you to offer. You might also post your message at the www.shelbyforums.com site. I am sure it would be appreciated. Do you remember the Shelby VIN on your cars?

Don

66 GT350 #2187

Nice of you to offer. You might also post your message at the www.shelbyforums.com site. I am sure it would be appreciated. Do you remember the Shelby VIN on your cars?

Don

66 GT350 #2187

Thanks for the idea. No, I do not remember the Shelby number but, my 66 was blue and the 65 was a number in the 42,43, or 44, a very early car. I can find that number as somewhere, I have th ead I bought it from in Ct.

Thanks for the idea. No, I do not remember the Shelby number but, my 66 was blue and the 65 was a number in the 42,43, or 44, a very early car. I can find that number as somewhere, I have th ead I bought it from in Ct.

UPDATE: I just found out the numbers: 65 0063, 66-1908 and CSX2401.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE: I just found out the numbers: 65 0063, 66-1908 and CSX2401.

Bill

Wow, that's very nice of you, Bill. Do you miss them? I had a '67 GT350, #2189, and a '69 GT500, #2602. I really miss my '67 the most. It was a blast to drive! I am sure someone will pick up on this serial and pass it along to the rightful owners...

Wow, that's very nice of you, Bill. Do you miss them? I had a '67 GT350, #2189, and a '69 GT500, #2602. I really miss my '67 the most. It was a blast to drive! I am sure someone will pick up on this serial and pass it along to the rightful owners...

Yes, I miss the 65 the most. It was a raw race type car. When I bought the 66, I had two children and needed the back seat. I bought the 65 years later when I had more than one car. I owned a 67 GT350 and two 67 GT500's but, they just passed through my hands for a few months and do not show up in the registry. Right now, I am waiting for my vista blue GT500. But, I just ordered it and it will probably be the end of the year. I think I am doing a super snake but, need to convince the wife that the $28k makes sense. That is the tough part of the equation. Bill

By the way, I have talked to the 66 and Cobra owners.

Yes, I miss the 65 the most. It was a raw race type car. When I bought the 66, I had two children and needed the back seat. I bought the 65 years later when I had more than one car. I owned a 67 GT350 and two 67 GT500's but, they just passed through my hands for a few months and do not show up in the registry. Right now, I am waiting for my vista blue GT500. But, I just ordered it and it will probably be the end of the year. I think I am doing a super snake but, need to convince the wife that the $28k makes sense. That is the tough part of the equation. Bill

By the way, I have talked to the 66 and Cobra owners.

My new 07 is Vista Blue without the over the top stripe; you will love the color and the car. I am considering upgrades but have not decided. I have a 66 and a 68KR and love them all; just like kids; each one different but I have to say the 66 is my favorite child; raw and real.

• 3 months later...
How was your 65 optioned? Stripes, wheels, steering wheel 15 or 16, radio ,outside mirror, any other difference due to it being the two digit car#63 prepped before the assembly line etc. Any old photos you can post?

IT WAS A WHITE CAR WITHOUT STRIPES. I HAD STRIPES PAINTED ON THE CAR. IT HAD THE KH MAGS, THE STEERING WHEEL WAS WOOD (DON'T REMEMBER THE SIZE) AND, IT DID NOT HAVE A RADIO. IT HAD THE LITTLE EUROPEAN STYLE MIRROR. IT HAD A BLUE DOT SPARE. I NEED TO TRY TO FIND THE OLD PHOTOS BUT, IT HAS BEE 27 YEARS SINCE I SOLD IT SO, THEY ARE PROBABLY GONE. THANKS.

Archived