TEAM SHELBY FORUM

11/30/2021 Team Shelby Forums Are Back....................................

SAI-Steven

• SAI-Steven changed the title to 11/30/2021 Team Shelby Forums Are Back....................................

So glad to have this forum back. This has always been a great way to connect with members on a variety of topics, but it will also be a great tool to use to gain new membership.  I know it was for me when a joined many years ago. 

It's terrific to see the forum back on line, but a little disappointing at the few new posts I see. Hope it's just a sign that word isn't out as yet that the forum is back. OR could it be folks are experiencing similar problems that I'm having just trying to sign in. 

If I start at "forums.shelby.com , then click on "sign in", it takes me to the sign in page. I sign in and that takes me to a "temporary.shelby.com" page and  I am signed in. Now click on Team Shelby at the top of that page and it takes me to the forum home page but....I"M NO LONGER SIGNED IN. I can click on sign in again and repeat the cycle any number of times but never wind up signed in ON THE FORUM.   

In order to successfully sign in to the forum, I must go to the old "Coming Soon" page, click on log in at the top, and sign in page comes up. Complete the sign in which returns me to the "Coming Soon" page...BUT I'm still signed in at this point. I then must click on the Shelby Forum at the top which takes me to the Forum home page....and I"m still SIGNED IN.

This is a convoluted process.........there's got to be an easier way. Could this be a contributing factor as to why there's little traffic on the forum.  

Oh, and the sign out process is only slightly less complicated.               

If there's a simpler process to sign in, please let me know.........  

Edited by HERTZ II

1 hour ago, HERTZ II said:

It's terrific to see the forum back on line, but a little disappointing at the few new posts I see. Hope it's just a sign that word isn't out as yet that the forum is back. OR could it be folks are experiencing similar problems that I'm having just trying to sign in. 

If I start at "forums.shelby.com , then click on "sign in", it takes me to the sign in page. I sign in and that takes me to a "temporary.shelby.com" page and  I am signed in. Now click on Team Shelby at the top of that page and it takes me to the forum home page but....I"M NO LONGER SIGNED IN. I can click on sign in again and repeat the cycle any number of times but never wind up signed in ON THE FORUM.   

In order to successfully sign in to the forum, I must go to the old "Coming Soon" page, click on log in at the top, and sign in page comes up. Complete the sign in which returns me to the "Coming Soon" page...BUT I'm still signed in at this point. I then must click on the Shelby Forum at the top which takes me to the Forum home page....and I"m still SIGNED IN.

This is a convoluted process.........there's got to be an easier way. Could this be a contributing factor as to why there's little traffic on the forum.  

Oh, and the sign out process is only slightly less complicated.               

If there's a simpler process to sign in, please let me know.........  

Yup, this is an issue.  Thanks for reporting it, it is now going to be addressed as soon as possible.  

I hope that the resurrected forum will severely curtail the "junk topics".  That activity drove many people away from the previous forum to the point where it was dominated by a few people that treated this as a private facebook.  Hopefully the new version will try to keep the discussions relevant to the Shelby brand and cars in general.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, twobjshelbys said:

I hope that the resurrected forum will severely curtail the "junk topics".  That activity drove many people away from the previous forum to the point where it was dominated by a few people that treated this as a private facebook.  Hopefully the new version will try to keep the discussions relevant to the Shelby brand and cars in general.

The Forum will be more tightly controlled so that this forum is not as unruly as it once was.  

17 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

How did everyone get their history and post count back?  I had to start a new account and have lost everything from the past 15 years.

QSS

Do you know the email account that was associated with your old account? PM SAI-JohnE with your email address and he will work with you on the issue. 

5 hours ago, Shelby American said:

Do you know the email account that was associated with your old account? PM SAI-JohnE with your email address and he will work with you on the issue. 

Yeah, I think I do know the email address that was associated with my account and it's long gone.  Guess that is why I've been demoted.

OK, I'll PM SAI-JohnE and see if he can get me back to my former glory. 

QSS

14 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

Yeah, I think I do know the email address that was associated with my account and it's long gone.  Guess that is why I've been demoted.

OK, I'll PM SAI-JohnE and see if he can get me back to my former glory. 

QSS

Sorry i had to turn off PM's for now, so if you could email me your old email account, along with screen name that you use to have, i can switch it over.  Johne@shelby.com

I logged into the forum starting with the drill down from the main shelby.com page.  I logged in with my email and password and checked the "remember me" box.  I book mark the opening forum page.    The next time, it wants me to log in again, unlike the old forum I stayed logged in for months at a time.  But...   The login page on the forum page disavows my email etc.    I have to start back at the beginning. Going through 5 or 6 different steps each time is quite painstaking. 

Excited to see the forum up again! So much great history and information on the forum. With the growing number of owners new to Shelby regardless of which mustang platform they have, they will find the forum a great place to connect with other owners. 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:11 PM, Ford Fest said:

Excited to see the forum up again! So much great history and information on the forum. With the growing number of owners new to Shelby regardless of which mustang platform they have, they will find the forum a great place to connect with other owners. 

Hi Bob, I finally got back into the TS Forums!!!!

20190223-110730.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M

On 12/11/2021 at 7:08 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. 😐

Hi Team Shelby Members:

I am certainly glad to see the forum back, had given up on it coming back to life.  

To my other Shelby friends hoping 2022 gives us a new start and awsome SWAG Package for memberships.  Am ready to sign up again.

GG

Edited by TAPD117
typo