TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opening a can of worms

1FAFP90

Knowing I'm going to open a can of worms, and then stir the pot they're put in...

Didn't Carroll Shelby say there would be more than 1000 KR's from Ford?

If so, does that mean that there will be KR's for 2009?

I think he just made the comment that someone said only a 1,000 and that he hadn't signed off on that yet.

I guess he must have signed off on that since because Ford is still saying only a 1,000.

Thanks -- since it looks like it will only be 1000...

Will the 1000 KR's be the last GT500's built, or will 2008 GT500's still be built after the last of the KRs? Asking another way -- if and when my dealer finds out for sure he's not getting a KR, will it then be too late to spec an '08 GT500 from him (he has multiple '08 allocations)?

Will the 1000 KR's be the last GT500's built, or will 2008 GT500's still be built after the last of the KRs? Asking another way -- if and when my dealer finds out for sure he's not getting a KR, will it then be too late to spec an '08 GT500 from him (he has multiple '08 allocations)?

I believe that the start of production for the KR will start on January 8th. So it should be in the next couple of months that dealers would know for sure that they are getting them, but maybe Shelby Dude would know more about that. I would think that this would still leave you time for an 08.

The KR's will be built along with the regular GT500's.

Basically, they will be regular GT500's that get shipped to SAI where they will do the mods to convert them into KR's. The same as they did with the GT Mustang and converted them to Shelby GT's.

The ONLY one's that I am aware of that got any allocation for a KR was 5 dealers that won one at the meeting in Detroit.

The second wave of allocation will be given out by August 10th which will be based on a drawing amoung all the dealers that meet 100% of their F-Series sales for the month of July.

We hit 100% for our store so we are in the drawing. I just don't know yet if we won one. Ford said they will let us know by August 10th.

The final round of allocation will be a drawing based on 2006 - 2007 Mustang sales. Dealers that sold the most for their region will get more of the dealer chips to be given out. Then Ford will draw winners and those dealers holding the lucky dealer chips will get them. To my knowledge this has not taken place yet.

I think some dealers may just THINK they are getting one because they know they were a top selling Mustang dealer. That in itself does not guarantee them one. They still have to win one from the drawing. They just may get a lot more dealer chips than other dealers get but they still have to win from the drawing. The more dealer chips a dealer gets the better their chances are of winning one. But they still have to win. This is my understanding of how this will work based on the release I read from Ford.

This is the allocation plan released by Ford:

July 27, 2007

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0700640DC 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR Allocation Plan

Details of the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

Ford Division is excited to announce the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR!

Celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the original Shelby Cobra GT500KR, Ford and Shelby collaborate on a new 'King of the Road' Mustang with the 2008 Shelby GT500KR.

Shelby GT500KR features an estimated 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning.

Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and special 40th Anniversary badging and unique striping.

Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units.

Allocation Plan

The limited production numbers made it necessary for the GT500KR to have a unique allocation plan.

Dealers will have three opportunities to earn allocation:

Random drawing at the 2007 National Dealer Forum, which occurred in June.

Greatest of All Time Truck Leadership Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery. Hit your objective in July and you will be entered in to random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation.

All remaining GT500KRs will be distributed via a random lottery drawing:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2006 & 2007 retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact/1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealers in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing.

Example:

Region A earned 10% of the Mustang GT 500KRs based their 2006 & 2007 retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's random draw lottery.

SD, thanks - I understand the KR allocation process. I was just curious about the timing of still being able to order a GT500 to my specs vs. finding out if my dealer will get a KR.

I know you said you don't think it's taken place, but do you know when the final lottery results (the ones based on Mustang sales) will be announced to the dealers?

The KR's will be built along with the regular GT500's.

Basically, they will be regular GT500's that get shipped to SAI where they will do the mods to convert them into KR's. The same as they did with the GT Mustang and converted them to Shelby GT's.

The ONLY one's that I am aware of that got any allocation for a KR was 5 dealers that won one at the meeting in Detroit.

The second wave of allocation will be given out by August 10th which will be based on a drawing amoung all the dealers that meet 100% of their F-Series sales for the month of July.

We hit 100% for our store so we are in the drawing. I just don't know yet if we won one. Ford said they will let us know by August 10th.

The final round of allocation will be a drawing based on 2006 - 2007 Mustang sales. Dealers that sold the most for their region will get more of the dealer chips to be given out. Then Ford will draw winners and those dealers holding the lucky dealer chips will get them. To my knowledge this has not taken place yet.

I think some dealers may just THINK they are getting one because they know they were a top selling Mustang dealer. That in itself does not guarantee them one. They still have to win one from the drawing. They just may get a lot more dealer chips than other dealers get but they still have to win from the drawing. The more dealer chips a dealer gets the better their chances are of winning one. But they still have to win. This is my understanding of how this will work based on the release I read from Ford.

This is the allocation plan released by Ford:

July 27, 2007

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0700640DC 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR Allocation Plan

Details of the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

Ford Division is excited to announce the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR!

Celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the original Shelby Cobra GT500KR, Ford and Shelby collaborate on a new 'King of the Road' Mustang with the 2008 Shelby GT500KR.

Shelby GT500KR features an estimated 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning.

Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and special 40th Anniversary badging and unique striping.

Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units.

Allocation Plan

The limited production numbers made it necessary for the GT500KR to have a unique allocation plan.

Dealers will have three opportunities to earn allocation:

Random drawing at the 2007 National Dealer Forum, which occurred in June.

Greatest of All Time Truck Leadership Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery. Hit your objective in July and you will be entered in to random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation.

All remaining GT500KRs will be distributed via a random lottery drawing:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2006 & 2007 retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact/1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealers in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing.

Example:

Region A earned 10% of the Mustang GT 500KRs based their 2006 & 2007 retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's random draw lottery.

How much over MSRP do you think you will be asking? Then again, your keeping it for yourself I would guess?? :waiting:

CW

This is amazing. Now we have SE Mustangs for "double-sticker". Why not "triple-sticker" at that point.

I'm sorry but I've been an avid Mustanger for welll over 30 years and this is just not what the Mustang world is about.

I seem to remember when the Ford GT had similar idiotic pricing, what are they worth now?

You should be able to pick one up for about MSRP, new in wrapper.

How much over MSRP do you think you will be asking? Then again, your keeping it for yourself I would guess?? :waiting:

CW

We won't be getting one. We didn't even get entered into the drawing like we were suppose to be. We hit 100% of our objective but Ford didn't count one of the units which cut us short by one. They said it was our problem it didn't get counted even though we reported it.

We won't be getting one. We didn't even get entered into the drawing like we were suppose to be. We hit 100% of our objective but Ford didn't count one of the units which cut us short by one. They said it was our problem it didn't get counted even though we reported it.

of all the people who should have had the chance to of sold one, you were it. sorry to hear that. you have been very nice with information.

:happy feet:

:censored: , that sucks Dude.

Need to "borrow" my "persuasion"?

post-2704-1187238911_thumb.jpg

With...

post-2704-1187238971_thumb.jpg

Or would your require a "personal misson"... :hysterical2:

post-2704-1187239002_thumb.jpg

post-2704-1187238911_thumb.jpg

post-2704-1187238971_thumb.jpg

post-2704-1187239002_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you have a case to request a couple more of your "chips" be placed in the hat during the Mustang sales drawing.

I didnt expect to get one either .... and of course didnt. Oh well ..... the KR is way out of my price range .... anyway

:redcard::finger: That sucks! There are still more chances left, correct?

Archived