TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help!!! Importing GT350 to Canada

Pat93

Hello Everyone!ย ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I hope this finds you all safe and healthy.

I currently live in California and I'm in the process of buying a GT350. I was wondering if it is possible to import it to Canada.ย 

I will be moving to Canada in November 2021 and I plan to take my car along with me. However I checked Transport Canada's Registrar of Imported Vehicles Compatibility (Admissibility) List and they mention that "Vehicles modified by companies such as Saleen Performance Cars, Roush Industries and Shelby Industries are inadmissible".

Will that also include a 2020 Shelby GT350?

Although my car will not be modified, and the GT350 isn't a vehicle 'modified' by Shelby themselves (as it's built by Ford), will it cause a complication while import, due to it being a Shelby model? Like I mentioned - I do not intend to modify the car in any way - so it will be stock when I move to Canada next year.ย 

I will really appreciate any response or help on this!

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Pat

Edited by Pat93

13 minutes ago, cobraracing said:

Check the RIV site for vehicles that are allowed

https://www.riv.ca/

Hi @cobraracing!

Thanks for the response ๐Ÿ™‚ I've checked the RIV site, and under Ford it says "2005 TO 2020 All passenger car models" are admissable, and "Vehicles modified by companies such as Saleen Performance Cars, Roush Industries and Shelby Industries are inadmissible".

I am unsure of where the GT350 falls. It is not modified by Shelby, but it is a Ford built Shelby model.ย 

Any thoughts?

• Pat93 changed the title to Help!!! Importing GT350 to Canada
  • 1 year later...