TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shipping East to West

colt

If I'm buying the Shelby from East coast dealer. I will have to have it ship to West cost (SoCal). Does anyone know how much it will cost? Should I have the car wrap? Good shipping company I could call. The car will have to be in the enclose cargo. Any inputs will be appreciate.

If I'm buying the Shelby from East coast dealer. I will have to have it ship to West cost (SoCal). Does anyone know how much it will cost? Should I have the car wrap? Good shipping company I could call. The car will have to be in the enclose cargo. Any inputs will be appreciate.

It's been posted here that you can buy from one dealer and have it delivered to another dealer (close you where you are hopefully). This needs to be set up way in advance, so look into it ASAP.

I believe the name of the shipper that delivered all of our Ford GT's is Reliable Transport. They use enclosed transporters and we've never had any damage issues. When they've arrived at our dealership, there were typically Vipers, Cadillacs, Ford GT's, Volvos, etc. also being transported in those trailers.

Guest markham51

I have used Exotic Car Transport a number of times with good results...on time, no damage etc. Ship enclosed transport if you want to make sure it arrives without damage. Rail is cheaper but has a greater chance of damage in transit. Either way, it is a long trip and will likely take a week to 14 days minimum from the time the car is available for pickup down east to arrive at your door.

Online quotes are easily obtained.

• 4 months later...

I have used Exotic Car Transport a number of times with good results...on time, no damage etc. Ship enclosed transport if you want to make sure it arrives without damage. Rail is cheaper but has a greater chance of damage in transit. Either way, it is a long trip and will likely take a week to 14 days minimum from the time the car is available for pickup down east to arrive at your door.

Online quotes are easily obtained.

how to reach Exotic Car Transport ?

Blue Shield is a small outfit we've been using since January. I've lost track of the number of Ford GT's they've transported for us all over the country including several GT500's (over 70 if you count incoming+outgoing). Always door to door, prompt, and professional. Fully enclosed and bonded: 972-824-9656

One nice thing about this outfit is since they are small, you get to talk to the driver directly - no going through a broker or manager that has no clue where your car actually is at any given minute (reduces PSDS symptoms).

Archived