TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Pics and details

Please post pics and details as you get them!!!

I want to see this 40th Anniversary Ring around the rear faux gas cap!!!

I would like to know the model number of the Borla cat back exhaust we are getting, and hear a sound clip at idle and under acceleration!!!

I would like to see the center console cover and the Shelby door handles!!!

When will we know what SAI will offer us for a CAI and tune??? Could it be the JLT carbon fiber unit maybe??? Nothing but happy customers with that product!!!

KingCobra.

KC - setup a photbucket account so you don't have pic posting issues...it's easy and fast.

How do I do that???

My pics are being re-sized now and will be posted by StangsUnleashed.

KingCobra.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, shipped my car off to SAI yesterday. Drove her down to Omak Washington, where she was picked up for transport. Didn't want to deal with the issues of cross-border shipping. After all this waiting and planning, and waiting, and waiting, it sure was mixed feelings to see her go. It will be a LONG..............seven weeks until the 40th Party when I pick her up and drive her back home. Here are a few picks of the trip.

Sorry pics were too big. I will try to re-size them. I sure wish the software on this site would re-size pics. Posting pics here has become a major pain.

KingCobra.

Well, my car arrived at Shelby Friday morning September 7th. She had a wash, and is now waiting to have CSM# 07XL0017 40th Anniversary Package installed.

Can't wait to go to the 40th Anniversary Donation Party and meet the guys, Carroll, and hopefully Amy!!!

Her are a few pics I took of loading her for transport to Vegas. ( hope they will fit this time)

KingCobra.

V1.bmp

V2.bmp

V1.bmp

V2.bmp

King,

Very Cool. I spoke with JW on Friday and I think my conversion will be ready sometime next week. I will be in LV 20-24th of September and he told me that I can come by and get a sneak peak. They get real squirley when you get inside with cameras, but I'll try to get some pics and post. Like you, I get excited just thinking about the 24th.

Well, my car arrived at Shelby Friday morning September 7th. She had a wash, and is now waiting to have CSM# 07XL0017 40th Anniversary Package installed.

Can't wait to go to the 40th Anniversary Donation Party and meet the guys, Carroll, and hopefully Amy!!!

Her are a few pics I took of loading her for transport to Vegas. ( hope they will fit this time)

KingCobra.

KC - cool shots. You should try Photobucket - and post as .jpg. Size doesn't matter. Take a few and check the link above.

King,

Very Cool. I spoke with JW on Friday and I think my conversion will be ready sometime next week. I will be in LV 20-24th of September and he told me that I can come by and get a sneak peak. They get real squirley when you get inside with cameras, but I'll try to get some pics and post. Like you, I get excited just thinking about the 24th.

And why did our cars have to be in Vegas by September 10th?

And why did our cars have to be in Vegas by September 10th?

I am going to speculate that they may be working on other 40th Anniversary cars in addition to the 15. If you do the math they have a lot of cars to pump out and they only have something like 13 lifts. I think they will be squeezing in the 15 cars when they get a window of opportunity.

How do I do that???

My pics are being re-sized now and will be posted by StangsUnleashed.

KingCobra.

King,

Follow my instructions on the attached link and you will be able to post photos very easily to this site of any size. Simple simon....easy peasy.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=9559&hl=

I am going to speculate that they may be working on other 40th Anniversary cars in addition to the 15. If you do the math they have a lot of cars to pump out and they only have something like 13 lifts. I think they will be squeezing in the 15 cars when they get a window of opportunity.

They have 2300 GT's. 1000 or so Supersnakes, 1000 KR, 300 or so CA orange ones, 400 40ths, all due 1st quarter of next year or earlier...when I was there they were going to try and the 40th out of the way 1st...but we all now the other cars are more important and I would not be surprised to see us still waiting next spring...

They have 2300 GT's. 1000 or so Supersnakes, 1000 KR, 300 or so CA orange ones, 400 40ths, all due 1st quarter of next year or earlier...when I was there they were going to try and the 40th out of the way 1st...but we all now the other cars are more important and I would not be surprised to see us still waiting next spring...

My understanding is the KR is entirely Ford produced. SAI will do nothing other than license as with the GT500.

My understanding is the KR is entirely Ford produced. SAI will do nothing other than license as with the GT500.

I believe that the KR will be like the Shelby GT and the base model of the GT500 will be sent over to SAI to be finished there to become the king.

From what Amy B has stated the parts on a KR are all limited production items. I'm sure they will get base a GT500 from Ford and add the items as well as put the finishing touches on the cars. Thats what a true Shelby is to some folks something modified by SA coming out of their facility in Vegas as a finished car. Like the GT-H and Shelby GTs where done. And before I get somebody wound up Yes all the other 07 and 08 GT500's are considered real Shelbys why cause Carroll Shelby says so. But some folks want the unique changes like a dash plague and a conversion unit number so its win win situation for all.

Just my 0.5cents there :D

• 2 weeks later...

I got word today that my car is complete, and is now a 40th Anniversary car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYyyyyyaaaaaaaahhhhhoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 long days until we go to bring her home :(

It's going to be a long wait!!!

I shipped down a Shelby, and now I have a SHELBY!!!!!!! (well, they have my SHELBY)

KingCobra. :):):)

Yes, 203. Should be called in Mid November I was told.

Congratulations!!!

I know we will all be thrilled with the 40th package!!!

It's funny how a month away from my baby makes me crazy, but I got ahold of a pick of one of the complete 40th's, and there she was

right in front is my car. The Torch Red coupe all dressed up, and looking hot!!!

KingCobra.

post-1791-1191530667_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1191530667_thumb.jpg

the 15 are done and being stored in one of our warehouses. well, 14 of them are. the last one will be done very soon.

we have 18 lifts in our main production facility.

the 40th cars are only done out of the mod shop which only has 4 lifts in it.

Archived