TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary Package Update

SHELBY GT500 SUPER SNAKE, 40th ANNIVERSARY UPDATE

Shelby Owners, Future Shelby Owners, and all you guys inquiring on the GT500 packages:

COMMUNICATIONS:

We will begin sending e-mail updates every two weeks to keep everyone informed of the progress of the GT500 Mod Shop programs. This will keep everyone posted as we progress in adding to our capacity to get cars produced and what expectations will be. Each program will have a key person in charge so that you have a point of contact should you need to ask a specific question. These communications should serve to answer the most commonly asked questions and to keep you informed of any new developments. Your business and enthusiasm is important to all of us at Shelby.

Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary

As of today, we have made all call backs for the 40th Anniversary packages. If you have not received a call, please notify Sherri at 702-942-7325 or e-mail at sherriw@shelbyautos.com.Sherri is handling all of the 40th Anniversary cars and will be the main point of contact. This will include the 40th Anniversary AND the 40th Anniversary with power and/or braking upgrades.

Here are the parameters of the 40th Anniversary cars.

You must own a 2007 GT500

Coupe $11,250

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

CONTENTS

EXTERIOR

Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

Carbon fiber mirror covers

Carbon fiber rocker panels

Aluminum hood grille inserts

SHELBY deck letters

40th Anniversary badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

40th Anniversary silver stripes

Front and rear brake ducts

Faux Gas Cap 40th Anniversary trim ring

INTERIOR

CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

CSM consecutively numbered engine plaque

40th Anniversary door sill plates with CSM number

Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

Shelby signature 40th Anniversary floor mats

Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and oil dipstick handle

Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,

fuel pressure, oil pressure)

Aluminum Shelby map light accent

Center Console Arm Rest cover

Shelby Logo for Door Handles

Satin door lock knobs

PERFORMANCE

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla exhaust system

TIRES & WHEELS

20x9” American Racing Shelby Razors (Silver, Gun Metal, Shelby Exclusive Black or Chrome as an upgrade option)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear

• this package is subject to change without notice

• tire substitution may be made based on availability

STRIPES

Please note that ALL 40th anniversary cars will be getting the Silver Stripe package as shown on our website. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you still haven’t purchased a GT500 order yours with stripe delete to make the conversion easier as the standard stripes will have to be removed.

OTHER 40th NEWS

The package has changed slightly, adding the carbon fiber rocker panels. Some cars have been built and delivered without some components. Once we have those components that were not included, they will be sent to the owners so that they can be added.

PERFORMANCE OPTIONS:

600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max. power option available on the convertible.

600HP warranty to be determined, 700+HP package has NO WARRANTY

The 600 and 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft and larger throttle body.

Power upgrade pricing to follow shortly.

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4189.98 installed. You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

Short throw shifter MIGHT be an option added soon.

PRODUCTION UPDATE

We have started building the 40th Anniversary packages. We will call the next group in mid August to schedule in more cars. Our plans are to build 300 of these packages this year. We will continue to build them until all cars are built. If you cannot have your car here this year, this is no problem. As long as you have a 2007 GT500, we can build it into a 40th car. We will only stop building these once we have reached the production limit.

SHIPPING

We are also working with a few shipping companies to try to help save you money. Once we have a better schedule, we will be working with you to help get your car shipped to us and then back home. Of course you can chose your own company or pick up and deliver the car yourself.

SERIAL NUMBERS

The CSM numbering will look like this: 07XL0001

07-year model

XL- 40 (40th Anniversary)

0001-sequencing number

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk or back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

Shelby GT500 Super Snake Update

PRODUCTION UPDATE

The Super Snake project will begin in the 4th Quarter this year. We have only built one Super Snake, the concept car. Many of you have already seen pictures of this beast and some have actually seen it in person. “Menacing” is the best word I have heard used to describe it.

Super Snake upgrades are available for all GT500 07’ and 08’ model year cars. You supply the base GT500.

We have started making calls for the Super Snake and taking deposits and assigning CSM numbers. We have lots of calls to make and we will make them in the order that we received requests.

The CSM Numbering of the Super Snake will look like this:

07SS0001

08SS0001

07,08- year model

SS- Super Snake

0001-sequencing number.

A 40th anniversary grill badge will be optional for all 07’ Super Snakes.

Adrienne Poplin will be the point of contact on the Super Snake. 702-942-7325 or e-mail at adriennep@shelbyautos.com. She will be very busy for the next few weeks making calls on the Super Snake. Any general questions about the package can also be answered by Doug Sinclair, at the same number or dougs@shelbyautos.com.

STRIPES

All Super Snake packages will get triple Matte Black Stripes. No exceptions, we want people to be able to recognize this outstanding package from a distance and know exactly what it is…..especially when it approaches in their review view mirror…..time to move over…. If you haven’t ordered your car yet and want this package it should be ordered without a stripe to make the conversion cleaner as the old stripes will have to be removed if they are already installed.

Super Snake parameters are as follows:

2007 or 2008 GT500.

Coupe or Convertible

Price for the 600HP and 700+HP version is $27995.00. If testing requires a different blower at the 725HP level, we will evaluate the price.

Convertible max power is the 600HP package. NO EXCEPTIONS.

CONTENT

Exterior

Functional Shelby Super Snake hood with hood pins (fiberglass)

SHELBY deck letters

Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

Matte Black Super Snake Striping

Side scoops

Quarter window scoops or block off plates

Interior

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Shelby Super Snake floor mats

Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,

Satin door lock knobs

Shelby Super Snake Embroidered head rest

Center console with Shelby Super Snake logo

Performance

Shelby Supercharger upgrade to the Ford Racing Supercharger for both the 600HP and 725HP versions. * Testing may require a different supercharger at the 725HP level.

Shelby/Bear Extreme 6 piston caliper brake system (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black)

FRPP adjustable damper suspension is standard. You can also choose the Shelby / Eibach suspension for an additional $100.00.

Borla cat-back (600HP) or JBA 3” manifold-back (700+HP) exhaust system

Short Throw Shifter

Cold Air intake

3.73:1 Differential

Tires and Wheels

20” Shelby Alcoa wheels (Durabright finish 20X9 front and 20X10 rear)

Tires to be determined

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk and back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

OTHER SUPER SNAKE QUESTIONS

We will be offering a discount on the Super Snake package if it is built on the 08’ GT500KR. This discount has not been established. Stay tuned as we finalize the price and content.

OTHER QUESTIONS

On both packages, we will only give credit for previously modified cars if the components have been purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. The components that we will give credit for must be one of the components used in our package. We will credit you in the amount of the cost for the parts only, not labor. Floor mats are excluded because the mats are different.

Thank you for your continued interest in genuine Shelby Performance packages. They truly make your Shelby something special. Your business and satisfaction are important to us.

Best regards,

Team Shelby.

Hi,

...where did my questions on SS smoke-tint headlights & tail-lights/surrounds, and on the 40th rear wheel size go?

it was here 5 minutes ago.

thanks

Dan

We opened up a section just for the 40th. and posted the same info twice it is not gone Here is your question

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...c=10146&hl=

Thank you for the updates!!!

Will look forward to hearing more, and seeing some pictures of cars in progress!!!

I hope the short throw shifter will be available for the 40th soon.

Great Job!!! I can't wait!!!

KingCobra.

• 1 month later...

Well a little disapointed in the stripe option. A white vert with black stripes. What ever happened to performace white with blue stripes. Classic Shelby racing colors. And 600HP option for verts only? I will have to think awhile over this. Spending nearly 28 grand US for something i dont really like is hard to come to terms with. I really want my car worked on by shelby but under the conditions and money?

Scott.

Well a little disapointed in the stripe option. A white vert with black stripes. What ever happened to performace white with blue stripes. Classic Shelby racing colors. And 600HP option for verts only? I will have to think awhile over this. Spending nearly 28 grand US for something i dont really like is hard to come to terms with. I really want my car worked on by shelby but under the conditions and money?

Scott.

Scott

I had my car done by Shelby and am very happy.They all come with silver stripes which would look great with your car.I also have a vet and ford will not warrenty over 600hp.To much torqe I guess.Fastbacks can go higher.

Hope this helps

Kevinsr

Scott.

Don't forget Scott, $25 grand American, and $25 Canadian are the same thing now!!!

KingCobra.

You guys are prob right but Carrol Shelby is know as an inovator, not an Engineer!!! If there is a way to put 700+ HP in a vert i am sure they could figure it out. It just seems they are taking the easy way out. As for the stripe options for the SS or 40th i guess it is up to the eye of the beholder. The 25 grand U.S/Canadian is true. It is nice to be on par for once!!! LOL!!!

You guys are prob right but Carrol Shelby is know as an inovator, not an Engineer!!! If there is a way to put 700+ HP in a vert i am sure they could figure it out. It just seems they are taking the easy way out. As for the stripe options for the SS or 40th i guess it is up to the eye of the beholder. The 25 grand U.S/Canadian is true. It is nice to be on par for once!!! LOL!!!

To handle that kind of torque and horsepower, Shelby would have to pull all of the body panels and restructure and strengthen the framework of the car. That would be a very expensive proposition.

As far as the stripes go, all I can say is that I obviously have a Torch Red coupe with Performance White stripes, and although I was very happy with my choice of stripe colour, I think the Torch Red looks smokin hot with Satin Silver stripes!!!

Although I think Carroll would definately agree with you about not being an engineer, there is not question about his more than impressive ablility to "engineer", design and build some of the most capable and impressive performing cars ever built.

KingCobra.

As far as the stripes go, all I can say is that I obviously have a Torch Red coupe with Performance White stripes, and although I was very happy with my choice of stripe colour, I think the Torch Red looks smokin hot with Satin Silver stripes!!!

KingCobra.

King,

I agree with your comments regarding Mr. Shelby not being and engineer but engineering the ride for success.

As far as the stripes go, I'm still one of those not on board that my car will end up with the look that I can live with long term after the 40th package is installed. I have yet to see a Performance White with the Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS) but my expectations, unfortunately, are not very high for the final look. Performance White/Satin Silver will look just like the 07 SGT, which is not as striking most other color combinations and may be one of the reasons they are not selling. I'd like to see the actual figures of the 07 SGT white vs black sold to see which is more popular.

I'm keeping the option open to remove the Silver Stripes and replace with the original Tungsten. This was a trade off that I had to come to grips with in order to get the 40th Anniversary package and performance upgrades.

Contrary to preproduction rheteric, there is at least one Vista Blue that does not have Satin Silver Stripes that has been converted to a 40th Anniversary package and registered with Shelby. It retained it's Performance Whie stripes. It belongs to the winner of the 2007 Shelby GT500 raffle. He lives somewhere in AZ.

Although I think Carroll would definately agree with you about not being an engineer, there is not question about his more than impressive ablility to "engineer", design and build some of the most capable and impressive performing cars ever built.

KingCobra.

I agree that he is a genius when it comes to making things fast and work well. It is just a shame that you have to be limited in choices!! I will have to think about it for awhile that is all. If you guys here or get ahold of any pics that are a SS or 40th vert please send them to me.

Thank-you

Scott.

So, does anyone have a 40th package yet for their car other than red? I'd love to see pics of the other colors done up in a 40th package (other than the promo pics). Thanks!

There is a vista blue coupe thread in this forum. It is gorgeous.

There is a vista blue coupe thread in this forum. It is gorgeous.

Yeah, I know, you posted it, but it's just a single thumbnail from the Shelby promo. I'm wanting to see if anyone has a 40th package on something other than red that they can post pics of. Thanks!

Don't forget Scott, $25 grand American, and $25 Canadian are the same thing now!!!

KingCobra.

That's not necessarily good for either the U.S. or Canada. Less buying power for U.S. citizens in Canada is not good for either side because we will buy less from Canada.

Edit: Glad your dollars go farther down here.

That's not necessarily good for either the U.S. or Canada. Less buying power for U.S. citizens in Canada is not good for either side because we will buy less from Canada.

Edit: Glad your dollars go farther down here.

I agree Blayne, in as many ways as we gain by the increased value of our dollar, as compared to yours, we also lose. It has been 30 years since our dollar was worth more than yours.

But I have not spent this kind of cash south of the border in some time (40th), so now works well for me. I have saved enough to offset the taxes on the package. Now, that I have secured such a low package number on my 40th, I have kind of lost the ability to call my Shelby a daily driver. And when ever the time comes for me to pick up a used Mustang GT convertable or possibly a Porsche Boxter as my daily, I will be shopping American and saving myself some cash.

KingCobra.

SHELBY GT500 SUPER SNAKE, 40th ANNIVERSARY UPDATE

Shelby Owners, Future Shelby Owners, and all you guys inquiring on the GT500 packages:

COMMUNICATIONS:

We will begin sending e-mail updates every two weeks to keep everyone informed of the progress of the GT500 Mod Shop programs. This will keep everyone posted as we progress in adding to our capacity to get cars produced and what expectations will be. Each program will have a key person in charge so that you have a point of contact should you need to ask a specific question. These communications should serve to answer the most commonly asked questions and to keep you informed of any new developments. Your business and enthusiasm is important to all of us at Shelby.

Shelby GT500 40th Anniversary

As of today, we have made all call backs for the 40th Anniversary packages. If you have not received a call, please notify Sherri at 702-942-7325 or e-mail at sherriw@shelbyautos.com.Sherri is handling all of the 40th Anniversary cars and will be the main point of contact. This will include the 40th Anniversary AND the 40th Anniversary with power and/or braking upgrades.

Here are the parameters of the 40th Anniversary cars.

You must own a 2007 GT500

Coupe $11,250

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

CONTENTS

EXTERIOR

Aluminum hood grille inserts

SHELBY deck letters

40th Anniversary badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

40th Anniversary silver stripes

Faux Gas Cap 40th Anniversary trim ring

INTERIOR

40th Anniversary door sill plates with CSM number

Shelby signature 40th Anniversary floor mats

Center Console Arm Rest cover

Shelby Logo for Door Handles

Satin door lock knobs

PERFORMANCE

Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

Shelby/Eibach sway bars

Borla exhaust system

TIRES & WHEELS

20x9” American Racing Shelby Razors (Silver, Gun Metal, Shelby Exclusive Black or Chrome as an upgrade option)

Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear

STRIPES

Please note that ALL 40th anniversary cars will be getting the Silver Stripe package as shown on our website. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you still haven’t purchased a GT500 order yours with stripe delete to make the conversion easier as the standard stripes will have to be removed.

OTHER 40th NEWS

The package has changed slightly, adding the carbon fiber rocker panels. Some cars have been built and delivered without some components. Once we have those components that were not included, they will be sent to the owners so that they can be added.

PERFORMANCE OPTIONS:

600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max. power option available on the convertible.

600HP warranty to be determined, 700+HP package has NO WARRANTY

The 600 and 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft and larger throttle body.

Power upgrade pricing to follow shortly.

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4189.98 installed. You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

Short throw shifter MIGHT be an option added soon.

PRODUCTION UPDATE

We have started building the 40th Anniversary packages. We will call the next group in mid August to schedule in more cars. Our plans are to build 300 of these packages this year. We will continue to build them until all cars are built. If you cannot have your car here this year, this is no problem. As long as you have a 2007 GT500, we can build it into a 40th car. We will only stop building these once we have reached the production limit.

SHIPPING

We are also working with a few shipping companies to try to help save you money. Once we have a better schedule, we will be working with you to help get your car shipped to us and then back home. Of course you can chose your own company or pick up and deliver the car yourself.

SERIAL NUMBERS

The CSM numbering will look like this: 07XL0001

07-year model

XL- 40 (40th Anniversary)

0001-sequencing number

TAKE OFF PARTS

Any parts that will fit into the trunk or back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

Shelby GT500 Super Snake Update

PRODUCTION UPDATE

The Super Snake project will begin in the 4th Quarter this year. We have only built one Super Snake, the concept car. Many of you have already seen pictures of this beast and some have actually seen it in person. “Menacing” is the best word I have heard used to describe it.

Super Snake upgrades are available for all GT500 07’ and 08’ model year cars. You supply the base GT500.

We have started making calls for the Super Snake and taking deposits and assigning CSM numbers. We have lots of calls to make and we will make them in the order that we received requests.

The CSM Numbering of the Super Snake will look like this:

07SS0001

08SS0001

07,08- year model

SS- Super Snake

0001-sequencing number.

A 40th anniversary grill badge will be optional for all 07’ Super Snakes.

Adrienne Poplin will be the point of contact on the Super Snake. 702-942-7325 or e-mail at adriennep@shelbyautos.com. She will be very busy for the next few weeks making calls on the Super Snake. Any general questions about the package can also be answered by Doug Sinclair, at the same number or dougs@shelbyautos.com.

STRIPES

All Super Snake packages will get triple Matte Black Stripes. No exceptions, we want people to be able to recognize this outstanding package from a distance and know exactly what it is…..especially when it approaches in their review view mirror…..time to move over…. If you haven’t ordered your car yet and want this package it should be ordered without a stripe to make the conversion cleaner as the old stripes will have to be removed if they are already installed.

Super Snake parameters are as follows:

2007 or 2008 GT500.

Coupe or Convertible

Price for the 600HP and 700+HP version is $27995.00. If testing requires a different blower at the 725HP level, we will evaluate the price.

Convertible max power is the 600HP package. NO EXCEPTIONS.

CONTENT

Exterior

Functional Shelby Super Snake hood with hood pins (fiberglass)

SHELBY deck letters

Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

Sequential tail lights

Matte Black Super Snake Striping

Side scoops

Quarter window scoops or block off plates

Interior

Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

Shelby Super Snake floor mats

Satin door lock knobs

Shelby Super Snake Embroidered head rest

Center console with Shelby Super Snake logo

Performance

Shelby Supercharger upgrade to the Ford Racing Supercharger for both the 600HP and 725HP versions. * Testing may require a different supercharger at the 725HP level.

Shelby/Bear Extreme 6 piston caliper brake system (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black)

FRPP adjustable damper suspension is standard. You can also choose the Shelby / Eibach suspension for an additional $100.00.

Borla cat-back (600HP) or JBA 3” manifold-back (700+HP) exhaust system

Short Throw Shifter

Cold Air intake

3.73:1 Differential

Tires and Wheels

20” Shelby Alcoa wheels (Durabright finish 20X9 front and 20X10 rear)

Tires to be determined

TAKE OFF PARTS

Any parts that will fit into the trunk and back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it. The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

OTHER SUPER SNAKE QUESTIONS

We will be offering a discount on the Super Snake package if it is built on the 08’ GT500KR. This discount has not been established. Stay tuned as we finalize the price and content.

OTHER QUESTIONS

On both packages, we will only give credit for previously modified cars if the components have been purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. The components that we will give credit for must be one of the components used in our package. We will credit you in the amount of the cost for the parts only, not labor. Floor mats are excluded because the mats are different.

Thank you for your continued interest in genuine Shelby Performance packages. They truly make your Shelby something special. Your business and satisfaction are important to us.

Best regards,

Team Shelby.

Let me know when you change the rules striping etc. and the price comes down and you might have another customer(s). The way things are being handled now I don't think you're going to have to worry about selling out. I'll bet you're not even close to hitting your target and you won't doing business the way you are. Most people aren't STUPID. You've got a few out there who either have money to throw away or just don't get it. In other words whatever you say must be right. I wish your SAI was being run differently and Carroll was in charge...I have a feeling things would be much different. Give it a year and.......................................

Let me know when you change the rules striping etc. and the price comes down and you might have another customer(s). The way things are being handled now I don't think you're going to have to worry about selling out. I'll bet you're not even close to hitting your target and you won't doing business the way you are. Most people aren't STUPID. You've got a few out there who either have money to throw away or just don't get it. In other words whatever you say must be right. I wish your SAI was being run differently and Carroll was in charge...I have a feeling things would be much different. Give it a year and.......................................

Rip, for the life of me, I can't understand why you are such a negative person. The package is the package. How many other companies do you get to have so much input on a vehicle? How many other companies are as responsive to customer inquiries and feedback?

If you don't like the stripes, when you get the car pull them off and change the stripes. It would not be factory original, but it's ultimately your choice since it's your car.

Also, what makes you think that Carroll is not in charge? He is very involved in everything.

As far as the value of the car- see one first. Get a ride in one, if you can. Both the 40th and the Super Snake are impressive both visually and in performance.

Interesting how you can pass judgement on a vehicle that you have neither seen nor driven, but that's also your perrogative...

I won't offer you any words to convince you of anything.

But I DON'T appreciate you calling me or anyone else around here STUPID!!!

I bet you wouldn't be so free to offer your insulting rants in person.......

KingCobra.

I won't offer you any words to convince you of anything.

But I DON'T appreciate you calling me or anyone else around here STUPID!!!

I bet you wouldn't be so free to offer your insulting rants in person.......

KingCobra.

First of all, I didn't call you or anyone else on this thread stupid. And if you knew my background and who I am, I've called a lot of people stupid to their face. I'll leave it at that.

First of all, I didn't call you or anyone else on this thread stupid. And if you knew my background and who I am, I've called a lot of people stupid to their face. I'll leave it at that.

Let's leave it all together!!!

I think that the 40th Package, as is, is awesome. My car is completed and waiting for me at SAI right now. I am thrilled with my decision to do it. I think SAI is doing an incredible

job, under the guidance and direction of Amy. You are entitled to your opinions, whether they be positive or not. But this is a site of enthusiasts about Shelby performance passion.

If you don't feel that way. It's fine with me, but keep your negativity to yourself. Whatever your background is, and who you are is irrelevant, and maybe you ought to stop calling

people stupid, before you tell the wrong person! I'll leave it at that.

James.

I have saved enough to offset the taxes on the package.

King Cobra

I'm planning on getting the SS package when they get to my name. Also being from the north side of the border, I'm curious about the taxes. Do you pay Nevada taxes (do they have any), or GST, or both?

How are you getting it back across the border? A trucking company, or driving it? And do you have to declare the mods at Customs?

Sorry for all the nosy questions, just trying to plan. And congrats on the upgrades!

King Cobra

I'm planning on getting the SS package when they get to my name. Also being from the north side of the border, I'm curious about the taxes. Do you pay Nevada taxes (do they have any), or GST, or both?

How are you getting it back across the border? A trucking company, or driving it? And do you have to declare the mods at Customs?

Sorry for all the nosy questions, just trying to plan. And congrats on the upgrades!

I know this is not a question for me Vogon but i just ordered some parts from the States and we dont have to pay there state tax. You might up front but i think you fill a form out and get re-embursed the full amout. At the border you pay 6% GST and 6.1% duty on the parts and or labour. Correct me if i am wrong King. Have a good one guys

Scott

I wonder if anyone at customs would even know the diff if you drive your car to the states for a week and then drive back home. If you got a paint-job in the US would you have to pay tax upon re-entering Canada? Maybe ethically you would. I would think there'd be no change on your car registration. I guess I'm thinking that what you brought to the US and what you bring back to Canada is the same car, just with some 'replacement' parts? ;-) If you drove across to buy a replacement battery, would it be subject to tax on re-entry? Maybe it's just on any purchase? Dinner? <lol> I wonder where the 'line' is on this.

Actually, I guess if SAI is shipping the take-offs back to Canada there may be some question on those -- hmmm, especially so if they're in the trunk <lol>

I wonder if anyone at customs would even know the diff if you drive your car to the states for a week and then drive back home. If you got a paint-job in the US would you have to pay tax upon re-entering Canada? Maybe ethically you would. I would think there'd be no change on your car registration. I guess I'm thinking that what you brought to the US and what you bring back to Canada is the same car, just with some 'replacement' parts? ;-) If you drove across to buy a replacement battery, would it be subject to tax on re-entry? Maybe it's just on any purchase? Dinner? <lol> I wonder where the 'line' is on this.

Actually, I guess if SAI is shipping the take-offs back to Canada there may be some question on those -- hmmm, especially so if they're in the trunk <lol>

I'm going to do some more checking, but I think if you bring it back, it's subject to duty and tax. If you consume it there, well there's nothing left to declare. If you go to the US and put on new tires, do they have to be declared? Probably, but most people may not, especially if they drove on them enough to lose the "newness." Lots of people cross to get gas, at least they used to. I don't think there was duty.

Yeah, when they stick their nose in to sniff for drugs, they just might notice all the parts in the back seat. :banghead:

I know one thing those border guards have the power of god. I would not chance them tearing your car apart and empounding it if you get caught. It is not worth it!!! Just be honest. It is not worth the 3 grand. IMHO!!

Archived