TEAM SHELBY FORUM

grabber Orange 09 GT500

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:14 PM, Mitchell Withrow said:

I own a 2009 Grabber Orange GT500. Susposedly my car is one of three built in 09 with stripe delete package. How can I find out if the other two are still on the road? Mine is VIN# 1ZVHT88S95132338. Any help would be appreciated.

In the lower portion of the first post in the link below, there is a .pdf with 2007-2009 GT500 production numbers, download it, scroll down to 2009 (I am assuming Coupe?)...and do a "stare and compare" to what you own (and is verified by your original window sticker or invoice information)......In the .pdf below, I see 3 - 2009 Coupes Grabber Orange with "none" stripes........and 1 - 2009 Convert. Grabber Orange with "none" stripes.......It is always nice to have "1 of a few" (with documentation to back your claim up), instead of "1 of many"......

The reason why I mentioned comparing with your original window sticker or invoice is to verify that the car was indeed an original stripe delete car and that the stripes have not been deleted at some point since new.

Also, as mentioned in the second post, there is no way to track down the other two VIN's unless you know someone really deep in Ford that is willing to do some deep research for you.....and even at that point, if both are still in service, where are they? in what state(s)? and the state DMV's are not going to disclose information on other owners vehicles...

R

Edited by Robert M