TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Specialized Shelby body shop needed!!!

Renato Acosta

Dear Team Shelby,

With tears in my eyes, I am writing to you all with the purpose of finding out if there is such a thing as a specialized Ford Mustang Shelby body shop in the US that could help out with a need.

I have attached pictures of my girl who is now hurt. I bought her in Sarasota, FL less than a year ago and drove her up to Northeast, TN. There are about 8,500 on the clock and she was flawless inside and out before the tragedy happened. It turns out an idiot neighbor was trying to jump-start a Toyota 4Runner by rolling it down the hill by himself to a point where he could not get in the car in time to stop the vehicle from rolling down the hill and into the side of my garage where both my walls and my Shelby completely stopped the car from moving. My car was sitting right next to the wall with the cover on which actually helped save other paint areas from being damaged, for those who question why does the car have to have a car cover inside a garage :). I have attached pictures of the before and after.

I reach out to all of you experts to find out if there is a body shop, anywhere in the nation, that specializes in bringing these types of cars back to their original condition or as much as possible (OEM parts, correct paint density, etc.). I am willing to pay as much as necessary to ship the car wherever and have it fixed.

Your help is much appreciated and happy 4th of July!

Renato

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

OMGoodness Renato..... I am so sorry for your hardship!!! 
This made me yelp outloud. 

I cannot even imagine the odds of something like this happening. I’m in Az. I hope someone here can help you find a place close to you that can help. You shouldn’t need to send her anywhere really far away. 

Good luck to you sir, and welcome aboard Team Shelby. After you get her fixed, stick around and enjoy the online Shelby community! 

BIKEBOY

I know you live in Fl. but you said you would ship the car to another state, Freehold Ford in Freehold,  NJ has a great body shop that I have used in the past, hope this helps.

I use a shop here in Northern California that does fantastic work. I use them for all my restorations and specialty cars. Everyone in our region, including the dealers for Ferrari, Porsche. Maseratti. McLaren, Mercedes etc. all send their cars to him. He will meet all your expectations, I can assure you of that. 

Jake Tomlinson & Company

http://www.jtomlinsonco.com/

It's quite a ways away, but it will be done the way you expect it to be done. 

Good Luck,

Bob

9 hours ago, Nitro said:

I use a shop here in Northern California that does fantastic work. I use them for all my restorations and specialty cars. Everyone in our region, including the dealers for Ferrari, Porsche. Maseratti. McLaren, Mercedes etc. all send their cars to him. He will meet all your expectations, I can assure you of that. 

Jake Tomlinson & Company

http://www.jtomlinsonco.com/

It's quite a ways away, but it will be done the way you expect it to be done. 

Good Luck,

Bob

Nice locale, up in the hills.  I used to pass thru Auburn on my way to visit my cousin in Grass Valley.

• 3 weeks later...