TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 TrackAttack Question

I have my GT350 Track Attack coming up in July and am considering the optional insurance. For those who have been there, do you think it’s really needed? I’m on the fence. 

To a large extent your exposure is determined by how many are in the class and how congested it will be.  The fewer people on the track the less chances of something bad happening if something goes wrong.    On the other hand, if you lose it if there's grass you're OK, but if the track has walls, consider insurance.

Drive with the nannies on until you master the skills.  At Bondurant they wanted us to keep them on for the first day at least.  Then they said "if you feel the traction control kick in remember it saved your ass and what you did and don't do that again".    Less nannies, more insurance. 

I don't know if they have a session where they teach you skills, like skid pad or a heel-toe shift practice session.  These keep you safer, so if not I'd suggest the insurance.

I never bought it...  

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2020 at 12:08 PM, twobjshelbys said:

To a large extent your exposure is determined by how many are in the class and how congested it will be.  The fewer people on the track the less chances of something bad happening if something goes wrong.    On the other hand, if you lose it if there's grass you're OK, but if the track has walls, consider insurance.

Drive with the nannies on until you master the skills.  At Bondurant they wanted us to keep them on for the first day at least.  Then they said "if you feel the traction control kick in remember it saved your ass and what you did and don't do that again".    Less nannies, more insurance. 

I don't know if they have a session where they teach you skills, like skid pad or a heel-toe shift practice session.  These keep you safer, so if not I'd suggest the insurance.

I never bought it...  

Thanks for the info. I ended up buying the insurance. Turned out there were 12 cars cars on the track at a time in groups of two or three following an instructor in a lead follow format. They did a good job with safety but i could see where a screw up would get expensive fast.

i had an increddible experience. Most of the guys i know went to the road course near Salt Lake for the GT350 TrackAttack and they have since moved it to Charlottte Motor Speedway with the Roval setup. Good mix of road course and oval driving. Sections of the course that were on the big track let you really open it up. 

it was my first track experience (if you dont count indoor electric K1cars) and I cant wait forthe next one.

Archived