TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Slight hesitation at full throttle

Shelby GT50011

Has anyone on here experienced a slight hesitation under full throttle. Like if I’m at 2500 rpm and mash the gas the car will pick up and then quickly drop back off like it’s cutting power and then pick right back up. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn’t. My driver side cat was bad recently and is now replaced, could the spark plugs be fowled? I have a 2011 GT500 with the 5.4 super charged engine 

5 hours ago, Secondo said:

What do you have for mods?

This^^

It sounds like you have a lean burn situation to me. Mods would be very helpful though. 
Do you get a wrench light on the dash when that happens? If you have an OBD tool, plug it in and see if the computer has stored any codes. If not, swing by a participating auto parts store that does it for free while you watch. Good luck! 

Edited by BIKEBOY

10 hours ago, Shelby GT50011 said:

No mods the car is stock minus a JLT intake that the car came with. I have traction control completely off when it does it and the car is not throwing any codes

If your car isn't tuned for the intake, it will run lean. Put the stock intake back on and try it. Call a tuner for a proper tune with your JLT intake if you don't have it. 

The JLT intake is the one that does not require a tune and the car was fine until the cats went bad. I replaced the plugs lastnight with the NGK TR6ixs and the car is still doing it. I’m kinda thinking it’s a fuel pressure problem now, or my ATIs are going to high but I highly doubt that

how many miles do you have on your vehicle? Also when you pulled your old plugs did you diagnose anything from them, carbon deposits?, Oil deposits? Glazing? Normal? Did they all look the same? also in your first post you said driver side was bad? Then you said "the cats" went bad, implying both. did you only replace one cat? or both?

Edited by mhr1961