TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many are left?

ers61

Does anyone know how many '06 GT-H's are left in service.  Started at 500 and after almost 15 years, just wondering. 

Here's mine #415

Thanks.

Ernie

wallpaper1.jpg

No way to really know but it's probably a pretty high percentage like 85 to 90%, maybe even higher, they were not as used and abused as the 1960's era cars. Lots of garage queens still out there. Nice ride you have there.

Edited by mhr1961

In my research, I have found 3 2006 GT-Hs the be wrecked and 3 2007 GT-Hs. 😩 I am sure there are more, but in my time of scouring the internet, forums, etc, that is the number I have came to. Don’t take this as anything official. Just my opinion.  I maybe be incorrect.  Please feel free to correct me. 😀

2006 GT-H
1.) 1ZVHT82H365226464  06H013

2.) Unknown full VIN  or CSM. Possibly 06H231. I think this one was rebuilt  

3.) 1ZVHT82H265230408   Unknown CSM#

2007 GT-H

1.) 1ZVHT85H175332398  unknown CSM#

2.) Unknown VIN  07GTH280

3.) 1ZVHT85H675326709  07GTH085

CSSHELBYKID

Not correcting ya, its great you have an interest in the preservation of Shelbys and are curious about the ones lost. I would say Hertz II's assessment may be more accurate than my assumption. He keeps closer track of GT-H stuff than just about anybody on TS. I think over the years some additional wrecks to what you found have been reported. There were probably a half dozen or more lost to flooding over the years as well, because the New York area got hit hard, so did Houston 2 or 3 years ago, so those could be considered lost as well unless somebody bought them and refurbished them rather than part them out.

9 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Not correcting ya, its great you have an interest in the preservation of Shelbys and are curious about the ones lost. I would say Hertz II's assessment may be more accurate than my assumption. He keeps closer track of GT-H stuff than just about anybody on TS. I think over the years some additional wrecks to what you found have been reported. There were probably a half dozen or more lost to flooding over the years as well, because the New York area got hit hard, so did Houston 2 or 3 years ago, so those could be considered lost as well unless somebody bought them and refurbished them rather than part them out.

Totally agree. Only one of the 07s I found was lost due to flooding. The rest of the ones I had found had either rear end damage or front end damage. 
I am a college student going to school for my bachelors in Business Accounting and Financial analysis. What I like to do for fun and to keep my skills up, I have a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of the wrecked ones I find.  I usually look on websites like Copart and IAAI to find them, but I also keep an eye out on forums, Ebay, Facebook etc. 

Within the past year of doing this, I have recorded 60 Various Shelby’s that have been wrecked and are on salvage auction websites. The majority of those are Shelby GT’s 

I know without a doubt there is easily twice as many if not more. 

I only record the vehicles that rolled out of Shelby Auto’s/American or their alternate official mod shops. 

CSSHELBYKID 

Thanks for the replies.  I was just curious.  The 85-90% estimate is astonishing. I realize an estimate is exactly what it is, an estimate. But to think that only 50-75 total of 500 are no longer in service is incredible, especially being former rentals.  Thanks again.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...