TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How much will I pay for 500KR?

Say what you want. No matter what they cost it will be a deal. You wait till Mr Shelby goes home to the man in the sky you will be paying 3-4-5-6 times higher for any thing with the shelby name on it. Go seahawks.

Peehawks stink!! Pittsburgh Steelers saw to that again this year. All the hype about a Superbowl rematch :hysterical: I guess it was like watching the Superbowl all over again between them. Peehawks saw the Steeler defense coming for them and peeed their pants :hysterical2: hence peehawks :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone:

I'm just a few minutes new to this forum and after reading all your comments it's good to know that I share the same beliefs of so many of you regarding the new KRs.

First, I like to say they are way, no WAY, cool. And being an owner of two original 68 KRs, one ragtop and one fastback I'd love to have one. But this ADM thing is crazy! It took me a while just to figure out what ADM stood for.

My thoughts are like many of yours. New cars are not an investment and will only be replaced by the next and newest model with more bells and whistles. I remember back in 93, with the re-invention of the Mustang Cobra, that was my first experience with this ADM crap, that everyone had to have one and they were selling for anywhere from $2,000 - $5,000 over MSRP. I bought mine after the new 94 Mustang styling change was announced and the cars were in the dealerships in Denver. I got my 93 Cobra for $250 over dealer "cost". Then the limited edition 94 Mustang Cobra Indy Pace car came out and dealers wanted $5,000 to $10,000 over MSRP. I had to have one of these as well and traded my 90GT Convertible and cash for one. I figure I paid a couple grand over MSRP when all was said and done. Now a really nice low mile example of both of these cars, the 93 Cobra and 94 Indy Pace Car, can be bought for mid to high teens.

I realize that neither of these have the "Shelby" name and that the name alone adds a lot of value to the cars, but its still pretty much the same scenerio. When the new and coolest model comes out, everyone gets all ga ga about them and pay big bucks to be the first one on the street to have one. Then time passes and something bigger and better and faster comes along and everyone goes ga ga all over again.

Don't get me wrong, the new KRs and new GT500s for that matter are very cool and I'd love to add one to my collection, but I'd never consider paying the ADMs that some of you list. Out of all of my cars, my 94 Pace Car is by far the most fun to drive. I can cruise down the back roads at 100+ with the top down, AC on and REO Speedwagon or Bon Jovi cranking on the CD player and not have to worry about overheating, overstressed suspension, or white knucking the steering wheel for that matter. The new Shelbys are several steps up from my 94 and I'm pretty sure at some point I will own one. But I'm thinking I will either wait until the dealerships get real on their pricing, or buy a nice used one in a couple years for even less.

Anyway, more power to those of you who have the big bucks and put out serious ching for these cars. I hope you drive and enjoy them and get every pennies worth out of them. In my opinion buying one for any reason other than driving and enjoying it would be a unwarranted. However, I guess maybe the more the new KRs go for the more valuable my original KRs become. Maybe? Maybe not? Regardless, I'll always enjoy them just the same.

My two cents worth, if it is even worth that.

Scott

Hey, Scott! Welcome to 'STANGS UNLEASHED!!!

...and a really nice first post!!! Glad you found us and you are so lucky to have two sa-weet originals!! :)

Hope you stick around .. lots of good folks here ..and your .02 is as good as any of us ;-)

Dan

I'll just be an amused onlooker when we start reading about what people actually pay for a KR. Even if I could buy at a $60K MSRP, it's still too rich for me. Glad to have a GT500 at MSRP. Plan to add a top of the line Camaro and Challenger to keep the Shelby company. Three cars for $120K seems like a better deal than one for the same $$$.

Archived