TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PitPup to go the way of the Ruf...

pitpup

Hi Pony - Welcome!

Good to have you with us here. We try to have some fun and share tech stuff, too.

Tell me how Tony's car sounded!

Ruf

Hey, Ruf...

Tony thinks his car sounds 'ricey' but I gotta tell ya. I thought it was anything BUT!

However, it is HIS car and it is his opinion that counts. But for me... it sounded...

how would MC Hammer put it?........

PROPAH!

Well, here is the deal. We were parked right in front of the speakers of the sound system they were jamming the tunes from for the show. But he did start it up for me anyway and me, my wife and son were impressed with the sound. He did tell me he thought it sounded ricey but I put me ear right down by the back of the car and I thought it sounded really good.

I just ordered a Flowmaster AT 17421 axle back for mine and I'm hoping it sounds good. I'm going off sound clips from the internet and as I'm sure you know, they aren't always the greatest quality so I'm hoping it's not a lot of money down the drain. I don't want that ricey sound either.

post-9689-1187651242_thumb.jpg

post-9689-1187651242_thumb.jpg

To clarify, I have a guy or two here at work that give me :censored: and say it sounds ricey.

I like the sound, they just had me concerned. After talking with Pup and getting his opinion on it, as well as other's from dearborn, my concern's gone. It sounds good!

I'm still unconvinced on going to duals. It's a lot of money, and I heard one done at the shop, it didn't do much for the sound. A v6 sounds like a v6, and you can only do so much about that. So no performance gain, and likely a break-even on sound... not convincing. If a GT500 rear bumper were to fall into my lap, then maybe....

I have a camcorder now, so I'll have to post a drive-by with sound soon.

And hi 07pony, good to see you posting! The ACD museum is indeed amazing. They have a yearly car show & auction that is just mind numbing with the amount of just awe-inspiring cars that pass through that little town.

- Tony

To clarify, I have a guy or two here at work that give me :censored: and say it sounds ricey.

I like the sound, they just had me concerned. After talking with Pup and getting his opinion on it, as well as other's from dearborn, my concern's gone. It sounds good!

I'm still unconvinced on going to duals. It's a lot of money, and I heard one done at the shop, it didn't do much for the sound. A v6 sounds like a v6, and you can only do so much about that. So no performance gain, and likely a break-even on sound... not convincing. If a GT500 rear bumper were to fall into my lap, then maybe....

I have a camcorder now, so I'll have to post a drive-by with sound soon.

And hi 07pony, good to see you posting! The ACD museum is indeed amazing. They have a yearly car show & auction that is just mind numbing with the amount of just awe-inspiring cars that pass through that little town.

- Tony

Why not get a stock GT rear fascia from one of those OEM take-off dealers? Much cheaper!

I was reading about a guy who has a PJ over at my website. Here is a cut and paste from that poste:

------------

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I will try to answer some of the questions. The bone stock pull netted 323hp & 322 tq. After the tune we pulled 343hp & 335 tq. From what I noticed when Doug was tuning it was that the saleen tune had maxed the timing out which is a good thing but the air/fuel ratios were horrible! They spiked at different rpms and were off across the board. Doug took out all the spikes and got the A/F ratios at the 13.0 range. I am very old school with carbs and distributors so watching Doug work his rocket science magic was a great experience.

------------

Now granted, they got the beast up to 343hp, but I thought the first number was interesting. 323hp. And I'm at 308 on 91 octane (an educated guess of 312hp on 93 by Dave). So 10-12 hp behind a 'stock' PJ with my mods is not a bad place to be...

Archived