TEAM SHELBY FORUM

9th Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 30, 2018

SVT NAJA

For anyone wanting to meet up from the South Bay and central coast for a Friday run to Old Town we're meeting near the Casa de Fruta Chevron Station at 10:00 AM Friday - it's 150 miles from there, some of us are staying on The Delta King (Thanks Brad!) and having lunch at  Fanny Ann's - Please let Brad (Elkhorn) or I know if you're joining us.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:57 PM, SVT NAJA said:

Mike,

Great to have you and Renee' with us again!

Will we be meeting in Cordelia? Do you know if Dennis will be joining us this year?

Best,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Very sorry for the late reply. All my fault.

I noticed that you have moved up the time 15 minutes. There should be two cars meeting from the north meeting at the Cordelia Chevron. We would like to catch the Conga Line. See you around 6:30?

On 6/23/2018 at 9:45 PM, Little Shelby said:

Hi Jim,

Very sorry for the late reply. All my fault.

I noticed that you have moved up the time 15 minutes. There should be two cars meeting from the north meeting at the Cordelia Chevron. We would like to catch the Conga Line. See you around 6:30?

Mike,

No problem. Seems everyone is busy these days. I know I am...

Yes, I expect to be arriving in Cordelia about 6:30am to top off at the Chevron station.

I'd like to head out soon after that for Old Town Sacramento so we can arrive a bit early and get a jump on registration. 

My goal is to be wheels up from OTS at 8:30am.

See you this Saturday!

Best,

Jim

12 hours ago, DarkestCon said:

Hey Jim,

Forgot to mention, paid up for a +1 as well.

thanks,

DC

Karun,

I saw that the other day and made a change to your reservation on the roster.

See you 2 this Saturday!

Best,

Jim

3 hours ago, cobrakidz said:

VW's last weekend

izxsg4.jpg

Bruce,

Jill really outdid herself this year. What a great turnout of VW enthusiasts! This drone shot at the Donner Lake overlook is really fantastic.

From what I understand, this is where CA members meet NV members and start their cruise over to and around Lake Tahoe.  

Next year, we'll be back on the same schedule and can look forward to passing all of the Beetles on the West Shore between Emerald Bay and Tahoe City.

We'll see you and the C&C crew at the Scott Road E/B Hwy 50 onramp this Saturday morning about 9:00am. I'll call you and Rick when we pass Sunrise.

Best,

Jim 

6 hours ago, cobrakidz said:

Jim - we will be ready.  We need someone to do a drone shot at Meyers for us.......

Bruce,

I've been trying to find a drone photographer - but no luck so far.

We'll have an official photographer for SATL-9, but he doesn't have a drone. 

Maybe we can ask/see who will be shooting video and then try to get thumb drive copies and weave them into an event YouTube.

I'm open to suggestions... 

Best,

Jim 

Bruce,

Just a thought. If you have Jill's contact info you might reach out to her and find out who did her aerial photography.

It may well be a friend who lives up off of Hwy 49 in the Grass Valley / Nevada City area and who might be interested...

Jim 

Edited by SVT NAJA

Jim, I plan on bringing my drone and will try to take a few photos at old town prior to your departure.  Not as impressive as the Tahoe area but non the less, the starting point.  Again, unfortunately I will be heading south to Don Pedro Lake Saturday once the wild bunch departs to Tahoe.  Next year for sure, just the date set back got me off sink.  

2 hours ago, fullsyz said:

Do you have a rough idea what time the BBQ/car show will be tomorrow, and approximate location?  I can't make the cruise this year but was hoping to stop by and say hello if time allows.  Thanks!

Sy -Reno, NV

Sy,

We'll be in the same place at the Tahoe Vista boat launch parking facility where you joined us in 2015 or 16. 

Just park near the BBQ's on National and that will save you the trip down/up the parking lot.

We'll arrive about noon and get the chow line open 30-45 minutes later. If you can, please join us for lunch!

Best,

Jim  

1 hour ago, SVT NAJA said:

Sy,

We'll be in the same place at the Tahoe Vista boat launch parking facility where you joined us in 2015 or 16. 

Just park near the BBQ's on National and that will save you the trip down/up the parking lot.

We'll arrive about noon and get the chow line open 30-45 minutes later. If you can, please join us for lunch!

Best,

Jim  

Thanks Jim!

Sy

TS-PCR wants to thank everyone who came out and supported Snakes at the Lake - 2018.

We hope you had a great time and enjoyed the cruise, car show and BBQ. 

We're already looking forward to SATL-10 which is scheduled for Saturday June 22nd, 2019.

Our event photographer Ray captured some great pictures of "Snakes" in Old Town Sac and Tahoe Vista as seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/mudvillephotographymvp/photos/a.1138953072909810.1073741891.322106214594504/1138953096243141/?type=3&theater

You are welcome to download any picture you wish, but please "like" his Facebook page if you do so.

Best,

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I just realized I never responded to this thread!

My wife and I had a GREAT time! This was the first "Shelby" event we had ever been to ,everyone was so nice and friendly!

Made us feel like one of the group! We are already planning on attending SATL-10!

Jim, Thanks again for a great event!

Al & Cyndi