TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guest markham51

13 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Looks like the press release kit

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thanks for posting. Looks Good, wish they hadn't put that Snake in the middle of the upper grille, might have looked better off to one side and a bit smaller.

7 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Thanks for posting. Looks Good, wish they hadn't put that Snake in the middle of the upper grille, might have looked better off to one side and a bit smaller.

Motor1.com

live streaming of the raps coming off around 9am EST. Enjoy. 

I seen the pictures of the Blue, Red, and Silver GT500 but you would think bringing back the beast you might see Highland Green, Grabber Yellow, Lime Green, Royal Maroon, and imagine this beast in Gulfstream Aqua!!!

1 hour ago, 39Mustang said:

I seen the pictures of the Blue, Red, and Silver GT500 but you would think bringing back the beast you might see Highland Green, Grabber Yellow, Lime Green, Royal Maroon, and imagine this beast in Gulfstream Aqua!!!

No pictures yet, but they do have some really good colors coming according to what I read.  A green, blue, red, and orange.

17 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Why use the Eaton Supercharger when the Whipple is far superior

Only the SVT team and a few others knows for sure,  but if I had to guess based on what history has thought us it came down to the fact that Easton was the only supplier to pass the durability and endurance tests required by Ford to slap the warranty on the window.  

As for cost, it’s hard to say, but this car fully packed out could very well push the $100k mark, so I wouldn’t think that would be as much as a factor.  

I like that it’s only available with a dual clutch. This leaves the GT350 as the manual option. I think it’s a smart descision by STV.

One thing is for certain...in track pack form it’s going to rip faster around Laguna Seca than you can say ZL1 1LE.

So..... functionality outweighs aesthetic appeal.  Maybe if they color matched the front bumper to the car it would look better.  Lots of sharp angles and the large mouth bass appearance for the front fascia.  The rest of the car looks nice.  

3 hours ago, Secondo said:

The shifters are right behind the steering wheel. They're called "paddle shifters."

I agree 100%, I can care less if I put it in drive with a dial or a lever, what’s the difference?  Some Super Cars have buttons.  This is not the “Shifter”, that is just a mechanism to put it in Drive.  It’s not like the old levers that we’re used to powershift, as Secondo explains that is done with the steering wheel, that is MUCH better then the old school way in my opinion.

52 minutes ago, carnut12 said:

I agree 100%, I can care less if I put it in drive with a dial or a lever, what’s the difference?  Some Super Cars have buttons.  This is not the “Shifter”, that is just a mechanism to put it in Drive.  It’s not like the old levers that we’re used to powershift, as Secondo explains that is done with the steering wheel, that is MUCH better then the old school way in my opinion.

+1 exactly and I'm glad we can agree on something lol

Even with the paddle shifters, that rotary knob just looks weird.  I'd be grabbing for a stick for months outta habit, cuz all my vehicles since 1986 have been automatics (all 4 of them).  The '17 Mustang GT Premium I rented 1.5 years ago had the paddles, and the gear shift.  Never used the paddles cuz I have no idea what they do, and didn't feel like breaking the rental, but I was told they're cool.  That knob, I dunno.  I'm not buying one regardless, so my vote isn't important.

I guess it seems Ford did not want Drifters using the GT500, NO e-brake

Took awhile to stop reaching to put key in ignition now we will all be reaching for the shifter to put in reverse or drive and it will go like this "ah F*** I forgot damn dial) lol

I wish Ford would really listen to us and offer the colors we want. I thought I heard this before maybe someone can confirm it but I heard once the colors are chosen for the Mustang it goes up the chain to an actual Ford family member for a Yes or NO. Something like this has to be because someone keeps the Kona Blue color and it might be the worst Blue I have even seen fairly close to Sonic Blue. Both actually look Purple of sun not on it. 

I think they have brought some great colors back, that Orange is awesome, time will tell what the Lime Green looks like.

Reality is we all want many different colors, but in the end the Whites, Blacks, Silvers, and Greys end up being the biggest sellers.

That said I’d love to see Azure Blue come back, that color was amazing on the Mach 1.

Edited by carnut12

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 9:24 AM, carnut12 said:

I think they have brought some great colors back, that Orange is awesome, time will tell what the Lime Green looks like.

Reality is we all want many different colors, but in the end the Whites, Blacks, Silvers, and Greys end up being the biggest sellers.

That said I’d love to see Azure Blue come back, that color was amazing on the Mach 1.

You are right about whites, blacks and silver/gray. Shades of blue are also up there as well. Car Companies invests millions in studying market and sales trends for car colors. It is far from an arbitrary or “one person” decision mentioned above. Ford probably invests more than most in color marketing research . If in fact the final Mustang Color Selection is left up to “The Ford Family”, which I doubt it is, but if it actually is I seriously doubt they just stick a few color charts under their nose. It will be delivered with a very comprehensive and expensive Marketing Research Report showing sales trends of all colors and projected sales of new colors. The Mustang since its inception has typically had about 10 or more colors available in any given model year which is more than most models, some colors are carried over in to the next model year or two if they are popular and slow selling colors are killed off. New colors are then implemented. The Mustang has also quite likely been offered in more colors over its lifespan than any other car in the history of the automobile. Its been offered in over 800 color offerings from year to year over the past 55 years, so they do listen to the market and adapt, but even so some people are still going to complain. 

Edited by mhr1961

I'm thankful there's a handful of colors to choose from.  Personally, I wouldn't even consider a car that is yellow, orange, or lime anything.  But others seem to love them.

I am skeptical of the 800 colors in 55 years.  Quick math says that's just over 14 different colors every single year for 55 years.

Having a console stick allows you to move out of manual mode without taking your eyes off the road . Not sure how you can do that with a rotary dial. Haven’t driven a car with the paddle shifters and rotary set up. Don’t plan on either.

The front end of the 2020 GT500 isn’t something I enjoy looking at. Now the GT500 can finally be used on the track. But you will have to wait until November. That’s a long time in my book. It’s kind of old news, expensive and still not here. I lost my patience a year ago and my pocket book says no. Let’s see what the C8 looks like for the same $ . JMO. 

Edited by mach 1 1970