TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guest markham51

5 hours ago, roush1486 said:

I have called dealers all up and down the east coast, as always they know nothing and just add your name to a list. Anyone got a few good dealers and salesman to touch base with? Many thanks 

The order bank has not opened yet (not likely until late Q2 or Q3 for a fall order) so anyone taking an order with a deposit is just taking your money and putting it into their bank to float their floor plan (note 1).  Second, any dealer taking an order for MSRP today is furthermore ripping you off because there is an almost 100% chance when it comes time to put the order in he will suddenly add a hefty ADM to the price.  

Getting on a list is a fine thing.  Giving the dealer money other than a hundred bucks or so is not wise because the only one making money on that deal is them. 

Note 1:  In the early days of the new Ford GT dealers were taking hefty (250K+ deposits).  One person I know of after the announcement of the actual "lottery" demanded his deposit back.  He had to wait until the dealership flushed enough inventory to make up the cash.     The same dealer was still taking deposits at the time even though he knew he was not going to get a car for sale!!!    Reports to the BBB stopped it. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

Well said and I'll just keep getting on the list. Dodge dealers were asking crazy numbers on the Demon and I was able to buy mine at MSRP, drove it for 6 months and flipped it. Didn't make what others asked but still came out on top. I'm not looking to make a killing but I would love to add this to the stable with the Super Snake and thinking of adding a KR just as a daily driver. Right now I drive my 2015 Charger Hellcat as a daily and its great. Best MPG I have gotten is 24mpg which is great for the power it delivers. And great for my kids and wife to get in and out of. Ford should have made a SHO that puts out the power...My dad bought new SHO in 2010 and we tuned it and DAMN that was a bad ass sedan in its time. He's gotten more practical these days and pimps a Contiental 

In my opinion "getting on the list" is a complete waste of time. Unless you have a signed contract being on a list means absolutely nothing.

Do you really believe a dealership is going to turn down someone standing in their showroom, looking at the GT500 that just rolled off the delivery truck, who is asking to purchase the car right now? If you believe the dealership would tell that person no I won't sell you the car right now because I have a list of names who may or may not buy the car, so you sir can put away your checkbook as I have a list of people to call.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

Very true.  Talking to my dealership sales staff, those that are on a list will wait, especially due to allocations.  Those with deposits on a selected color or other option will get thier vehicle months after the floor model allocations are made.  If you make a deposit with no restriction on actual selling price and no care as to colors or options and will take what the dealer gets. you will most likely get the car.  So you have a better chance of getting an early one by finding the actual delivery date and not haggling with the AMD, no matter how high, and being ready to immediately pay or finance the car when you walk in.:cool:

21 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Note 1:  In the early days of the new Ford GT dealers were taking hefty (250K+ deposits).  One person I know of after the announcement of the actual "lottery" demanded his deposit back.  He had to wait until the dealership flushed enough inventory to make up the cash.     The same dealer was still taking deposits at the time even though he knew he was not going to get a car for sale!!!    Reports to the BBB stopped it. 

I'm guessing Tony didn't put down a $1,000 bucks on a Tesla :)

20 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

Just think 455,000 people put down $1,000 or $2,500 down just to "be put on a list", thats like an 8 million dollar free loan to Tesla to use as they please.

I thought the Tesla was an order against a car though, not just a list written on a back of an envelope in some sales guys desk.    But yes, they are using it to finance their production.    Unlike Ford's method of handling the GT500/GT350 etc, Tesla will sell as many cars as they can make.  Ford makes allocations to dealers so the dealers play "list against reality" which almost always adds the ADM.   

PS, I rode in a friends Model S.  I liked it. It was very comfortable and responsive (enough "horsepower")  Range would be an issue for long drives but for a local or area commuting vehicle it's very nice.  The kind of luxury sedan a sales guy would love.  I've even seen a few with real estate stickers on them around here.

Edited by twobjshelbys

On 2/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, SAI-Steven said:

In my opinion "getting on the list" is a complete waste of time. Unless you have a signed contract being on a list means absolutely nothing.

Do you really believe a dealership is going to turn down someone standing in their showroom, looking at the GT500 that just rolled off the delivery truck, who is asking to purchase the car right now? If you believe the dealership would tell that person no I won't sell you the car right now because I have a list of names who may or may not buy the car, so you sir can put away your checkbook as I have a list of people to call.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

Back in `06  most dealers had a list I was on three & ended up getting mine out in Winnipeg (#4 on their list) The list thing did work as long as you didn`t tie up money being on one , like a lot of people.when it came time to order the dealer called & wanted $1,000 down  . The three lists I was on two wanted an extra $500 when they ordered ,the dealer i got mine from  didn`t charge any extra & I got it for MSRP.

4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Just think 455,000 people put down $1,000 or $2,500 down just to "be put on a list", thats like an 8 million dollar free loan to Tesla to use as they please.

Tax free loan btw...no sale = no revenue = no tax. 

13 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

Better check your math there Steveo.:lol:

QSS

I took the average of the two deposits, $1,750.00 and multiplied that amount by 455,000 deposits which comes to 7,962,500.00 which I rounded up to an even $8 million

Please note I used US dollars and not that Canadian stuff ;)

Steve

21 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Back in `06  most dealers had a list I was on three & ended up getting mine out in Winnipeg (#4 on their list) The list thing did work as long as you didn`t tie up money being on one , like a lot of people.when it came time to order the dealer called & wanted $1,000 down  . The three lists I was on two wanted an extra $500 when they ordered ,the dealer i got mine from  didn`t charge any extra & I got it for MSRP.

Out of curiosity what month/year did you purchase your GT500?

We also need to factor in that Ford also built over 10,000 GT500's that first year. While I certainly can not speak for Ford I'm confident Ford will not be building over 10,000 GT500's this time.

Glad a list worked out for you, but in my opinion for every one that a list worked out there are 99 others who the list didn't work out.

Steve

All those people who "gotta have it now"...… I patiently waited until 12/08 and picked up my '09 car (without clutch issues) for less than invoice and the dealership was so happy to make a sale at that point.  We'll see what happens in the next few years on the new GT500's.  Deals will be out there for those who wait.  :whistling:

Go ahead and get in line.  If it doesn't cost anything no big deal.  If it does make sure it is in writing the deposit is refundable and that your purchase is for MSRP but only give them a couple of hundred bucks. If it works out hey great.     They'll probably sell the car to someone else with a bigger pocketbook (ie, willing to pay adm) but all you lost was time.   Good luck.

9 hours ago, carnut12 said:

Any thoughts on MSRP?

Z06’s can be had for under $70K, I don’t see how they can start much higher then that.

Considering the 2019 GT350R list is $69,355 and the ZL1 1LE with a 10 Speed Auto starts at $73,190 (that’s the car the 2020 GT500 has to beat across the board)  I can see starting prices closer to $77k...with options pushing $90k (carbon wheels will get it there) 

We shall see.  

7 hours ago, mfield2a said:

Considering the 2019 GT350R list is $69,355 and the ZL1 1LE with a 10 Speed Auto starts at $73,190 (that’s the car the 2020 GT500 has to beat across the board)  I can see starting prices closer to $77k...with options pushing $90k (carbon wheels will get it there) 

We shall see.  

The ZL1 starts at $63K, I would think the 1LE would be in line with the GT500 Track Package pricing and the base ZL1 and GT500 would be comparable.  Also I don’t think you can get the Automatic with the 1LE, can you?  1LE starts just at $70K, Ford starting the Base GT500 higher then that would be a mistake in my opinion.

I was wrong on Z06, I can find them for under $75K, but not under $70K.

It will be interesting to see how ADM’s workout, the ZL1 was discounted in less than a year.

Edited by carnut12

4 hours ago, carnut12 said:

The ZL1 starts at $63K, I would think the 1LE would be in line with the GT500 Track Package pricing and the base ZL1 and GT500 would be comparable.  Also I don’t think you can get the Automatic with the 1LE, can you?  1LE starts just at $70K, Ford starting the Base GT500 higher then that would be a mistake in my opinion.

I was wrong on Z06, I can find them for under $75K, but not under $70K.

It will be interesting to see how ADM’s workout, the ZL1 was discounted in less than a year.

The ZL1 1LE 10 speed option just came out for 2019.  

The work around Ford has to address is the GT350 is already pushing $60k for a base price in 2019.  From what I have read there is no plan to stop production of the GT350 in 2020???

Ford is spending a lot of time and $$ on building the GT500 hype.  It’s Demon like seeding.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, SAI-Steven said:

Out of curiosity what month/year did you purchase your GT500?

We also need to factor in that Ford also built over 10,000 GT500's that first year. While I certainly can not speak for Ford I'm confident Ford will not be building over 10,000 GT500's this time.

Glad a list worked out for you, but in my opinion for every one that a list worked out there are 99 others who the list didn't work out.

Steve

I had to put my down payment Nov 24/05, received my V.O.C May 12/06  received my D.R.O.A 06/06  car was built Oct. 30/06 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:41 AM, SAI-Steven said:

I took the average of the two deposits, $1,750.00 and multiplied that amount by 455,000 deposits which comes to 7,962,500.00 which I rounded up to an even $8 million

Please note I used US dollars and not that Canadian stuff ;)

Steve

I think what he was alluding to is when you do the math $1750 times 455,000 is 796,250,000 or just shy of $800 Million.  

On 2019-02-21 at 12:24 PM, Fat Boss said:

I think what he was alluding to is when you do the math $1750 times 455,000 is 796,250,000 or just shy of $800 Million.  

Exactly correct.  I was trying to figure out where $8 million came from.  I hope I didn't come across as an ass, was just trying to have a little fun.  Math is hard but I'm pretty good at it, what I have trouble with is my A, B, D's :lol:

QSS

• 2 months later...

some updates on the 2020 GT500 dealer enrollment. I make no claim as to the accuracy of this info. Interesting that they are possibly limiting some of the product mix.

Shelby Enrollment.JPEG

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:06 AM, QuickSilverShelby said:

I find it super interesting that this letter indicates that Ford is going to produce the GT350 in 2020.  I thought the 350 was going to stop production when the GT500 came out.  

This is great news.

QSS

If I recall correctly, it was announced back in November 2018 that Ford would continue the GT 350 and GT350R in to 2020 and that it would be in showrooms alongside the new GT500.

Edited by mhr1961

• 4 weeks later...

GT500 Video from the recent Ford Nationals Event. Shows exhaust sound, interior shots, and also some of the aero developments. Still no Horsepower update. Only the same 700++ that has been out there for quite some time now.

O.K. here is my 2 cents worth.  It is an automatic, mini van style.  Basically a stock coyote motor that has its internals beefed, and a supercharger.  Needs 800 hp to be competitive and is going to have a huge ADM.  It will keep my O8 gt 500.  Sudden