TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Shelby GT H

phyllis

32 minutes ago, bigcbass said:

So can I ask a dumb question, are you going to drive it?  In my mind the problem with buying a flawless car like this is that I would be scared to drive it.

I drive my cars but I'm a cleaner.  I clean top and bottom.  OCD  LOL

9 hours ago, bigcbass said:

So can I ask a dumb question, are you going to drive it?  In my mind the problem with buying a flawless car like this is that I would be scared to drive it.

Scared to drive it?  Then why buy it?  I bought one of the 17 2007 GT-H executive sticks back in 2009.  It only had a few hundred miles on it when I bought it out of Oklahoma City and it was flawless.  I flew to Oklahoma City from Calgary, Alberta and picked up the car.  I then proceeded to drive a sh!t ton of miles to Las Vegas in a 16 hour canon ball run.   I racked up 1,113 miles in that 16 hour shot. 

When I got it to Vegas I stored the car for two years until I was able to bring it up to Alberta, Canada and then in another 22 hour canon ball run I racked up another 1,365 miles.   Two road trips, 38 hours of drive time, 2,478 total miles and this is how it looked when I arrived home in Canmore, Alberta.

5a56cf56b4f1c_GT-HhomeinCanada-Aftera20hourdrivehome.JPG.23e9466cd0da533ea293d4d2638e5541.JPG 

Those two trips were epic and I still own the car to this day.

These cars are so damn much fun to drive.  Why would you be scared to drive it? 

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

13 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

Scared to drive it?  Then why buy it?  I bought one of the 17 2007 GT-H executive sticks back in 2009.  It only had a few hundred miles on it when I bought it out of Oklahoma City and it was flawless.  I flew to Oklahoma City from Calgary, Alberta and picked up the car.  I then proceeded to drive a sh!t ton of miles to Las Vegas in a 16 hour canon ball run.   I racked up 1,113 miles in that 16 hour shot. 

When I got it to Vegas I stored the car for two years until I was able to bring it up to Alberta, Canada and then in another 22 hour canon ball run I racked up another 1,365 miles.   Two road trips, 38 hours of drive time, 2,478 total miles and this is how it looked when I arrived home in Canmore, Alberta.

5a56cf56b4f1c_GT-HhomeinCanada-Aftera20hourdrivehome.JPG.23e9466cd0da533ea293d4d2638e5541.JPG 

QSS

:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

QSS

:clapping:

Buying a very limited car like a hertz executive car with 400 miles  ( 4 only ) would force me never to drive it . Not my style but I do buy low mileage used Shelby’s and Don’t daily drive them. Maybe 300 miles a year. Detail Detail Detail. 

My garage is set up like a den with many collectibles. 90% original vintage items from the 30’s and 50’s. Always turning over items for a better condition one . The cars fit right in and turn them also. The 13 boss has 4500 miles and the 07SGT manual  has 1800 miles . Not afraid to drive them a little. I would love to find a manual hertz car someday . Always looking for one  

807FDF19-67F2-43B3-A3DE-F4B087F2E71B.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

On 1/10/2018 at 9:41 PM, QuickSilverShelby said:

QSS

Awesome  

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Buying a very limited car like a hertz executive car with 400 miles  ( 4 only ) would force me never to drive it . Not my style but I do buy low mileage used Shelby’s and Don’t daily drive them. Maybe 300 miles a year. Detail Detail Detail. 

My garage is set up like a den with many collectibles. 90% original vintage items from the 30’s and 50’s. Always turning over items for a better condition one . The cars fit right in and turn them also. The 13 boss has 4500 miles and the 07SGT manual  has 1800 miles . Not afraid to drive them a little. I would love to find a manual hertz car someday . Always looking for one  

Cool Cave!!

:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here is the hertz car the was @ mecum 1/12 ....Executive car never rented.  Manual car and the bid goes on @ $125K

ED022DF6-D226-49F0-900C-3CE6A74DAA8E.jpeg

He wants $150,000.00.

CSM # 06H0002

Edited by phyllis

• 1 month later...

FYI

• CARROLL-SHELBY-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-H-Polo-Shirt-Sz-L-Black-Short-Sleeve-Hertz

CARROLL SHELBY FORD MUSTANG GT-H Polo Shirt Sz L Black Short Sleeve Hertz

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARROLL-SHELBY-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-H-Polo-Shirt-Sz-L-Black-Short-Sleeve-Hertz/132509804939?hash=item1eda33298b:g:iS0AAOSwsZJaicwC

17 minutes ago, Dr Garry Kraft said:

FYI

CARROLL SHELBY FORD MUSTANG GT-H Polo Shirt Sz L Black Short Sleeve Hertz

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARROLL-SHELBY-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-H-Polo-Shirt-Sz-L-Black-Short-Sleeve-Hertz/132509804939?hash=item1eda33298b:g:iS0AAOSwsZJaicwC

That's a nice shirt.  I've got two of them and one of them hangs proudly on my "man cave" wall. There's only a few of them out there.

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

On 13.1.2018 at 4:59 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

if you search a 16 manual Hertz, here you'l find it:

http://www.vantagesportscars.com/showroom/uncategorized/2016-ford-shelby-gt-h-003-supercharged-670-hp/