TEAM SHELBY FORUM

November in NJ - Ugh.

Grabberlicious

I don't blame you. I'm up here only until my kids are settled and then going south.

Make sure you check out the northern side of Atlanta. Over 62 and no school tax. That saves us $5K in taxes. $550K home only $1400 taxes. Up north thats like $12K. Great schools and beautiful terrain like up state NY

Road Atlanta race track 1 hour away. Atlanta Motorsport Park private race track ( country club type track ) 45 minutes away. Lots of pro sports teams also. Great colleges like GA Tech. Son Graduated from there.

Like I said just check it out.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Make sure you check out the northern side of Atlanta. Over 62 and no school tax. That saves us $5K in taxes. $550K home only $1400 taxes. Up north thats like $12K. Great schools and beautiful terrain like up state NY

Road Atlanta race track 1 hour away. Atlanta Motorsport Park private race track ( country club type track ) 45 minutes away. Lots of pro sports teams also. Great colleges like GA Tech. Son Graduated from there.

+1 on Road Atlanta and AMP. Great tracks with lots of track day events!

+1 on Road Atlanta and AMP. Great tracks with lots of track day events!

Yep Ford had their drive a 16 Shelby GT 350 @ AMP . Great track ...too bad they shortened it for the event. Also wanted us to stay in 3rd gear. Forget that I shifted as much as necessary ( instructor not happy ) he said slow slow slow but with the helmet on I heard GO GO GO.

Was an awesome event he didnt forget. He probably quit the next day. Kidding

Edited by mach 1 1970

Thank you for the great info and beautiful pics of Georgia property. My ex-uncle lawyer friend lives near Atlanta too.

• 2 weeks later...

My entire paternal side is from Wray County GA. It’s ‘Y'all’. And they never fail to call me the Damn Yankee.

Yah-all or Y'all depends on how deep south you go. The deeper south you go, the more syllables for single syllable words... :lol:

Edited by ViperNC

Bragging about 70 degree weather last Week now this. Earliest snowfall ever in the Atlanta area. Also the largest in 35 years. No driving in this stuff. 9 inches and power on and off all day long. Today roads are clear but salt covered. 53 today and the snow is still hanging around for Santa I guess.

post-9597-0-01290100-1513006128_thumb.jpeg

post-9597-0-84341600-1513006295_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Bragging about 70 degree weather last Week now this. Earliest snowfall ever in the Atlanta area. Also the largest in 35 years. No driving in this stuff. 9 inches and power on and off all day long. Today roads are clear but salt covered.

Saw you guys got hammered. We got flurries in Charlotte, but no accumulation. My daughters were very jealous of Atlanta.... I was quite happy we got nothing, but it was cold as nuts. Will be low 50's today.

• 1 month later...