TEAM SHELBY FORUM

November in NJ - Ugh.

Grabberlicious

Everyone has their preferences. The winters in the NE are indeed too cold, for too long. On the other hand, I'm also not a fan of the desert climates which are too hot, for too long for my liking. I am a fan of the seasons; all 4 of them. So, I'm hoping for the "mid-south" to be nice blend. Besides much longer periods of nice driving weather, TN will also provide a lot of nice wide-open spaces and roads to drive on. I probably won't be moving the Shelby GT down there until the winter weather has passed here up north, as I want to drive it there.

Where in TN?

re: mid-south. I knew some people from the old DEC (Digital Equipment Corp, who was very supportive of relocation, always company paid) that moved to Atlanta (Alpharetta) for that reason.

Ha.... My Dad worked for DEC. And they moved us to Roswell in in1988. Atlanta was fun, but the traffic was a freakin' nightmare. Another location I would not move back to.

When the temp is 40 and above I take the shelby out any time of the year, it does not like to sit around and begs me to take it out when ever I walk past it.

When the temp is 40 and above I take the shelby out any time of the year, it does not like to sit around and begs me to take it out when ever I walk past it.

Heck yeah! I drove mine last week. The only other thing that stops me, besides the actual snow or ice, is if the roads still obviously have the winter treatment on them.

Edited by ilmor

Canton ga is 30 miles north of Atlanta. We stay away from Atlanta because of traffic. Traffic has really gotten out of control in a lot of major cities today. Would not own a Shelby in any large city.

Happy thanksgivings !!!!! everyone

Edited by mach 1 1970

Where in TN?

Ha.... My Dad worked for DEC. And they moved us to Roswell in in1988. Atlanta was fun, but the traffic was a freakin' nightmare. Another location I would not move back to.

I completed 19.33 years (started in 1976) before they sold the storage division to Quantum. I just sent the paperwork to cash out my pension last week. The structure of it is such that, unlike Social Security, the monthly payout actually stays the same if you wait past 65 and they send you a single check for the delayed years. For example, if your payment was 1000/month and you waited until 70, your payment would still be 1000 and they would send you 5(years)*12(months/year)*$1000/mo = 60K as a single taxable amount. So I took the cashout and roll it into an IRA and delay taking it while it builds some more value.

Awe come on out to Cali guys. We have the best Team Shelby calendar of events! It's forecast to be in the 70's today so I'll have the Shelby out.

Besides, the housing market provides an incredible investment that lower priced market owners need to work very hard to keep up with.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Home-Values-Bay-Area-High-San-Jose-Zillow-Report-459309093.html

Remember, 80% of the land in CA is RED. Stay out of the train wrecks like SF and it's not so bad.

I suppose there may be places where you can find a house that is priced like other non-CA markets, but when I quit my job all of the job offers were in the bay area. For anything with less than a 45 minute one way commute to Santa Clara area the price for a property comparable to my CO property (4000sf/.4 acre lot) was in excess of $2M. I couldn't afford to buy there and wasn't going to buy a $600K property on a 5000sf lot built in 1970 that needed another 700K in remodeling

I retired instead and moved to Vegas where I bought similar square footage for 1/2 the cost of CO.

Two of our new neighbors here in Vegas moved from CA and did the same thing. Except they pocketed a lot more money than I did.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I would rather shovel sand instead of snow. Also, we put water to play in around our sand. Max high all year is 96 and very rare. Max low is 55 and also very rare. Now it is 79 outside, mild breezes, good surf and lots of bikini viewing everywhere. And there is an occasional rainbow for added color. Ran the 11 and 66 GT350 toys last weekend, probably again this weekend, depending on traffic.

I would rather shovel sand instead of snow. Also, we put water to play in around our sand. Max high all year is 96 and very rare. Max low is 55 and also very rare. Now it is 79 outside, mild breezes, good surf and lots of bikini viewing everywhere. And there is an occasional rainbow for added color. Ran the 11 and 66 GT350 toys last weekend, probably again this weekend, depending on traffic.

What city are you talking about. Thx

Oh..... and the girls at ASU are all beautiful, and there are a ton of them. Take "manchild hockey boy" out there to start researching universities. With any luck, he will fall in love with it out there and then you have a place/reason to go out there during the winter months.

I like the way you think!

For now, Im going back and forth from east to west. I get a little of both. But my primary residence is still (for now), NJ also.

I do like a few have said here already....... on a beautiful day no matter the time of year, no-salt permitting, get out and drive! :rockon:

Edit- And when its not being driven, inflate the tires to 40psi and start her once every week or two and let her run till theres no more drip out the tips. Rev her two or three times, let it idle again for a minute or so and shut her down till next time. :thumbsup:

Edited by BIKEBOY

I suppose there may be places where you can find a house that is priced like other non-CA markets, but when I quit my job all of the job offers were in the bay area. For anything with less than a 45 minute one way commute to Santa Clara area the price for a property comparable to my CO property (4000sf/.4 acre lot) was in excess of $2M. I couldn't afford to buy there and wasn't going to buy a $600K property on a 5000sf lot built in 1970 that needed another 700K in remodeling

I retired instead and moved to Vegas where I bought similar square footage for 1/2 the cost of CO.

Two of our new neighbors here in Vegas moved from CA and did the same thing. Except they pocketed a lot more money than I did.

Sounds like you enjoy it there in Vegas. I ended up buying a house on two acres in the Santa Cruz Mtns on the Morgan Hill side. I go in early, and play the liberal plug in hybrid game so I can drive in the HOV lane. Takes just under 30 minutes to get to my job in Sunnyvale, and about 40 to get home.

“The liberal plug in hybrid game” :hysterical:

I love it....

Morgan Hill....... what a GORGEOUS area! Was there on a few occasions. Specialized Bicycles is HQ’d there. We were a Specialized dealer for a long time and were a top rated dealer and invited to their big annual dealer meet-N-greet and new model intro. I really miss those days. :cry:

What happened to the GT500? Traded it in for the Boss?

What happened to the GT500? Traded it in for the Boss?

No I traded the 14 GT500 in on the 17 GS. Those vettes have some Hugh discounts like 25%. The coupe and sports car market is in a free fall. Way to many choices out there. Those people still paying msrp on anything are just crazy imo. Forget ADMs never understood that concept.

Edited by mach 1 1970

My Shelby doesnt go away for the Winter till the snow flies.......Ive driven her to the New Year numerous times.....once the roads are salted, she is done......until then, fun ensues....

and OH HOW OUR SUPERCHARGERS LOVE THE COOL WEATHER.............

the Winter does stink here in terms of missing my ride......

somehow the auto all stock 08 SGT that wears snow tires from November to March (and has since every year since new in 2008).......doesnt fill the bill......:shrug:

My Shelby doesnt go away for the Winter till the snow flies.......Ive driven her to the New Year numerous times.....once the roads are salted, she is done......until then, fun ensues....

and OH HOW OUR SUPERCHARGERS LOVE THE COOL WEATHER.............

the Winter does stink here in terms of missing my ride......

somehow the auto all stock 08 SGT that wears snow tires from November to March (and has since every year since new in 2008).......doesnt fill the bill......:shrug:

Michael how is Dale's car holding up? Laurie's car (2011 GT) has been through 6 winters. So far so good, no rust and it still looks new.

Edited by Secondo

My first car was a 1970 mach 1 back in December 1970. Livonia Michigan suburb of Detroit and the roads were covered with salt. Had enough and was single fresh out of college. Filled her up and took off for South fla. and stayed there for 10 years. The rest is history and never returned.

My first car was a 1970 mach 1 back in December 1970. Livonia Michigan suburb of Detroit and the roads were covered with salt. Had enough and was single fresh out of college. Filled her up and took off for South fla. and stayed there for 10 years. The rest is history and never returned.

I don't blame you. I'm up here only until my kids are settled and then going south.