TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/SC Paxton want more HP

SWEDEMAN

That's definitely "possible" but so is the possibility that you'll be looking for a new engine, you'll have to make the decision of risks vs rewards.

Yes others have pushed their engines to 500+ hp with no problems (yet) and others have put a rod through their block with 425 hp. I sometimes compare stock engines to people, some people live a hard life and live to be a 100 years old while others seemingly live a somewhat mild life and are dead at 60.

If you're looking for more grunt off the line I would suggest changing your gears to 3.73 also if your car is running that Paxton diablo tune with the mafia add-on I would certainly consider ditching that tune for something better but not necessarily more aggressive.

I would strongly urge that you don't try to wring out anymore horsepower from your setup. We are talking about a 10 year old engine, yes I know your car has low miles but its still 10 years old, that was never designed nor intended for 500hp. If you really want that additional hp I would suggest you have the internals replaced with forged parts.

Steve

Steve your always the voice of reason, but I decided after all the banter to leave it as is. Your also so right, this car even with 1500 original miles it is still 10 years old so the adage of engines and old or young people and weighing the options, I'll leave it stock. It is still a very fast car and I really love the out-of-the-hole launch......straight as s string, to quote "Whitey". ;)

• 2 months later...

Thx. Since it is a very fast car anyway, I'm leaving it be. I really think Carroll got it right with the Paxton, straight line out of the hole with very little spinning and comes on strong at 26-2800 RPM's. My Whipple was just the opposite, zero control of of the hole unless you can feather the gas pedal, this is way different.

The Paxton was slated for all GT/SC's, until 50 state emissions was toast. Mine is 50 state legal one of very few.

SWEDMAN... I believe we may have communicated some time ago -probably when our cars were both close to new. I tried to PM you but msgs would not go thru.
Ive owned a 07sgt since new as well, also with one of the Shelby Paxton SCs ( no 16). I'm looking to get some history/stats on these cars & how many of these cars exist...I too got my pre-CARB issues. Would you be able to take a short tel call some time ? Thanks
bob clawson
317 805 2920w
312 218 3196m
Edited by clawsonbob

• 2 weeks later...

SWEDMAN... I believe we may have communicated some time ago -probably when our cars were both close to new. I tried to PM you but msgs would not go thru.

Ive owned a 07sgt since new as well, also with one of the Shelby Paxton SCs ( no 16). I'm looking to get some history/stats on these cars & how many of these cars exist...I too got my pre-CARB issues. Would you be able to take a short tel call some time ? Thanks

bob clawson

317 805 2920w

312 218 3196m

I'll call you this week.

Thx for the heads up Chris.

Question: has anyone done an exhaust set up that they like better than factory on the GT/SC Paxton or Whipple?

I like mine but just curious.

:salute:

Just wanted to let you know that your interior is DROP DEAD STUNNING, bud!! :worship::shift: