TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road trip through the USA

485hp

Summary:

• Car: She is a great driving machine for public roads. Very comfortable also for Long stints
  • Engine: The supercharger is doing a much better Job than my 2007 GT-H s/c
  • Sound: Phantastic
  • Chassis suspension: This is the first Mustang that really drives like a sports car. And with 670 hp ...
  • Problems: None except of a not very stable Hood
  • Police: Fair and friendly
  • Dream: To continue this trip through Texas until California. And then find another route again to the east coast

Hey Udo, it was great to meet you and your wife at the museum last month. I can't believe that a chance visit to the museum would bring me to bump into you. It was a real highlight for me and my daughter Julia, it really made my trip to Vegas epic.

It looks like you had a great trip across the US on your way to Florida. I'm glad your loving the 16 GT-H, I hope to have one someday.

Thanks for posting your pics and the story of your epic trip.

post-20749-0-49735700-1473296815_thumb.jpg

post-20749-0-53557200-1473296829_thumb.jpg

QSS

This might be the best thread ever. You are the MAN. I am in awe of what you are doing, and that you have a lovely woman to share it with to boot! Wow - and now you get to do it in Europe? No car trouble in all those miles? Wow - Hertz and Shelby should hire you guys for a commercial. Love that you are driving and using your car properly. Yours will be far more interesting than finding one 10 years from now with 5 miles on it. Anybody can store a car and ignore it. It takes a real enthusiast to drive his Shelby! Save it for the next guy? Why would anybody want to do that?

This might be the best thread ever. You are the MAN. I am in awe of what you are doing, and that you have a lovely woman to share it with to boot! Wow - and now you get to do it in Europe? No car trouble in all those miles? Wow - Hertz and Shelby should hire you guys for a commercial. Love that you are driving and using your car properly. Yours will be far more interesting than finding one 10 years from now with 5 miles on it. Anybody can store a car and ignore it. It takes a real enthusiast to drive his Shelby! Save it for the next guy? Why would anybody want to do that?

f#ckin' eh bubba!!

QSS

What a great story and then topping it off with that amazing trip. Wow! All your pics were perfect. Thanks!

Both well said!!!

Next June I'm retiring and the wife and I are planning a trip out west with the Shelby... Deadwood, the Badlands, Salt Lake City, Denver.... I can't freakin wait!!!! This post gave me some ideas....

Thank you very much for all your feedback in this forum or on pm :clapping: . I was not sure if this is interesting at all but I guess I made a Point ;)

I will post a map with the whole tour so you can see what is still missing, what we have not seen yet. So there is an urgent demand for another nice GT-H – maybe in 2016 for the 100th anniversary of Hertz? I would pick her up again in Vegas and start the next trip :shift: :shift::shift:

Tomorrow morning we will do a short weekend trip with the Austrian Mustang club (yes there is a Mustang club in Austria!) to Czechia. And then just a few weeks later the trip from the port of Bremerhaven to Vienna is due. I will then post two or three more pics from the harbor and the german highway.

Until then enjoy your cars!

Edited by 485hp