TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will free flow mufflers increase hp?

CR2013GT500

The bigger blower only benefits you if you plan to build the motor and run large amounts of boost, otherwise the TVS is very capable of taking the stock motor to its limits. As far as headers they are an expensive mod but I feel a very worthwhile one, reduced restriction, pulling heat from the motor and of course the amazing sound. On my lightly modded 07 gt500 I gained 30 rwhp and 25 RWTQ by adding LT's and that was with high flow cats, so the gains may have been larger if I had gone with an o/r mid pipe, I can only imagine the gains on the 13/14's would be even larger.

Edited by 07 Black Beauty

The bigger blower only benefits you if you plan to build the motor and run large amounts of boost, otherwise the TVS is very capable of taking the stock motor to its limits. As far as headers they are an expensive mod but I feel a very worthwhile one, reduced restriction, pulling heat from the motor and of course the amazing sound. On my lightly modded 07 gt500 I gained 30 rwhp and 25 RWTQ by adding LT's and that was with high flow cats, so the gains may have been larger if I had gone with an o/r mid pipe, I can only imagine the gains on the 13/14's would be even larger.

Do you remember where in the RPM range you gained the increases?

• 2 weeks later...

700 easy with an upper pulley, intake, headers and tune. A little over 700 is real close to maxing out stock injectors and fuel pump. A boost-a-pump will take care of that assuming not too far over 700.

Yes, now going with innovative lower pulley also as well as the steeda adjustable tensioner up top. I also decided to take your advice and go with the Kenne Bell boost a pump. Looking forward to the dyno numbers as well as the

feel of the extra HP. I also added some more suspension goodies and look forward to the better handling.