TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vanity Plates - Cool car names

SLB8SNK

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate a ton of ideas but not sure if I should capitalize on the Shelby or the Cobra!... Which do you guys think says more about the car? I first thought Shelby but now with the Shelby GT coming..... not sure.... your thoughts?

I hate a ton of ideas but not sure if I should capitalize on the Shelby or the Cobra!... Which do you guys think says more about the car? I first thought Shelby but now with the Shelby GT coming..... not sure.... your thoughts?

Here's a cool site that has alot of suggestions. You can even use the ACME licence plate maker (bottom of site) to see what they will look like for your State. http://links.vintage-mustang.com/index.html?plates

New_Shelby_Rear.jpg

Here's a cool site that has alot of suggestions. You can even use the ACME licence plate maker (bottom of site) to see what they will look like for your State. http://links.vintage-mustang.com/index.html?plates

post-5174-1182828014_thumb.jpg

Whaaaaaaaat??????

post-2868-1182830604_thumb.jpg

bj

post-2868-1182830604_thumb.jpg

Here's one a friend has that's pretty good...

Any other state but Texas might be able to get it.

IBYY4U

I be too wise for you.

:hysterical2:

I purchased it 2 years in advance of ordering the car. I used it on my 1997 SVT Cobra. I had the DMV run at least 15 different names & that was one of them NOT taken.

That's when I said..."SOLD IT, SOLD IT, SOLD IT" :hysterical:

Then when the car came in & I transfered the plate they said the all BLUE great lakes plate will no longer be available & I'll have to switch base plates in September (all white with a blue stripe on top) I asked if they could change it to TWO Blue stripes down the middle of the plate from top to bottom, but they didn't laugh.

• 6 months later...
I have seen many cool screen names. Anyone mind posting vanity plate names? and the state you are in so we know what has been taken? I like several, my issues is limiting to 7 characters. Dans500 is boring for a plate, but I did have Dans6t9 for my 1969 Boss 302 vert.

Dan,

How about PussyFT

:hysterical2:

After seeing this thread last night, I got on the Texas DOT website to see what hoops I have to jump through to get a plate, I had one on my suburban when I lived in Houston that said TDOWN with the Texans logo, since I was a season ticket holder and had much hope for a contender..., well my ex g-friend ended up with the tickets since she thought that was all I wanted, and I took everything else (after I offered her the same deal the other way and she refused), but I let that plate expire and someone else has it now.

Anyway, it is all done online here now, and after trying 100 different combinations, I typed in this one just for fun, and it came back available, so after I quit :hysterical2: I showed the wife, and after she quit :hysterical2: she told me I just had to get it. I guess we will see if TXDOT actualy allows me to have this:

FAQUE

You'll have to figure it out on your own.. :censored:

If they don't I found a great backup one that yall will love, but I wont spill that one till I get this one in hand.

After seeing this thread last night, I got on the Texas DOT website to see what hoops I have to jump through to get a plate, I had one on my suburban when I lived in Houston that said TDOWN with the Texans logo, since I was a season ticket holder and had much hope for a contender..., well my ex g-friend ended up with the tickets since she thought that was all I wanted, and I took everything else (after I offered her the same deal the other way and she refused), but I let that plate expire and someone else has it now.

Anyway, it is all done online here now, and after trying 100 different combinations, I typed in this one just for fun, and it came back available, so after I quit :hysterical2: I showed the wife, and after she quit :hysterical2: she told me I just had to get it. I guess we will see if TXDOT actualy allows me to have this:

FAQUE

You'll have to figure it out on your own.. :censored:

If they don't I found a great backup one that yall will love, but I wont spill that one till I get this one in hand.

I say no way!. I was told the on-line sights merely check to see if a name is taken, if not, you can request it, but it does go through a visual approval process, and unless you are luck enough to get someone illiterate, that one will be a no go! :hysterical2:

Archived