TEAM SHELBY FORUM

6-7-07 Super Snake Press Release (from another webdsite)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i don't think i've seen any official releases, just posts.

think about it for a minute.............

good point

just official post

Las Vegas – June 7, 2007 – Executives with Shelby Automobiles™ have announced that the company will transform consumer owned 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes for only US$27,995.00. Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas.

“The Ford Shelby GT500 is fast, but hard core enthusiasts asked us for a way make their Shelby a more aggressive, balanced performing track car,” said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby Automobiles. “Thanks to our partnership with Ford Racing, our Super Snake package will make their stock Shelby GT500 one of the most balanced, fastest, most fearsome muscle cars in the world. I’m going to hunt Vipers and Corvettes with mine”

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Each car modified at the Las Vegas Shelby Automobiles facility will be documented and receive a special serial number.

A GT500 with the first Super Snake package will be on display at the Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Okla. Headquartered at the Tulsa Marriott, the event includes a broad range of activities including drag racing, cruise night, road racing exhibitions, a car show and banquet.

“I’m excited to debut our new Super Snake package for the enthusiasts at the Mid-America Ford and Performance Meet,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “They’ll be the first to see this amazing car with world-class capabilities. When combined with the MSRP of a GT500, this upgrade is far less expensive than the price of any other car with even close to the Super Snake’s power. No one can touch the performance, exclusivity and heritage of this post title Shelby package.”

The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:

# Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available

# 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

# Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option

# Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle

# Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

# Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps

# Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around

# Front and rear brake cooling ducts

# Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels

# Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops

# Super Snake exclusive striping

# ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges

# Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure

# Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components

# Official Shelby CSM dash plate

Though the complete Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the package will also be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing beginning in late June 2007. Anyone interested in transforming their Shelby GT500 into one of these rare supercars should contact John Walker at the Las Vegas factory at (702) 942-7325.

About Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company has partnered with Ford Motor Company to build the Shelby GT, Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT-H, which are based on the current Mustang. For more information about Shelby Automobiles, visit www.shelbyautos.com.

Guys, I don't know where that black car came from, its not ours. The only one we have is the red one. If you look closely, the hood does even match

The side stripe will have Gt500 and Super snake like in the red car picture, we are still working on the sizing and layout, but its close

Amy

Amy,

I represent the publisher of the story linked at the beginning of this thread. On Thursday the 7th of June , we received the press release from the gentleman at the PR firm TimePiece. We then requested additional photography and the photo of the black and silver car is what they sent to us.

Sam Haymart

Editor, www.TheMustangNews.com

Are we getting a new transmission with ss package or is these just worded wrong "# 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio"

Short-throw shifter only. The tranny that Ford put in the GT500 is up to the task and a great tranny to boot. FWIW, I heard the Ford Racing Short-Throw is great!

The whole rear-end (with 3.73s), on the other hand, will be swapped out. Hope this helps!

Short-throw shifter only. The tranny that Ford put in the GT500 is up to the task and a great tranny to boot. FWIW, I heard the Ford Racing Short-Throw is great!

The whole rear-end (with 3.73s), on the other hand, will be swapped out. Hope this helps!

crispy, I've not read anything about getting the 40th + the ss packages. Do you know anything such as additional price and options regarding this?

Sad to see it on another website 1st, but we knew what was coming & how much before they did (I hope)

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews_07/st-0607-500ssn.htm

06-07-07: Executives with Shelby Automobiles have announced that the company

will transform consumer owned 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes for only US$27,995.00. Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas.

“The Ford Shelby GT500 is fast, but hard core enthusiasts asked us for a way make their Shelby a more aggressive, balanced performing track car,” said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby Automobiles. “Thanks to our partnership with Ford Racing, our Super Snake package will make their stock Shelby GT500 one of the most balanced, fastest, most fearsome muscle cars in the world. I’m going to hunt Vipers and Corvettes with mine”

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Each car modified at the Las Vegas Shelby Automobiles facility will be documented and receive a special serial number.

A GT500 with the first Super Snake package will be on display at the Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Okla. Headquartered at the Tulsa Marriott, the event includes a broad range of activities including drag racing, cruise night, road racing exhibitions, a car show and banquet.“I’m excited to debut our new Super Snake package for the enthusiasts at the Mid-America Ford and Performance Meet,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “They’ll be the first to see

this amazing car with world-class capabilities. When combined with the MSRP of a GT500, this upgrade is far less expensive than the price of any other car with even close to the Super Snake’s power. No one can touch the performance, exclusivity and heritage of this post title Shelby package.”

The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:

• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available

• 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

• Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option

• Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle

• Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

• Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps

• Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around

• Front and rear brake cooling ducts

• Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels

• Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops

• Super Snake exclusive striping

• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges

• Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure

• Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components

• Official Shelby CSM dash plate

Though the complete Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the package will also be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing beginning in late June 2007. Anyone interested in transforming their Shelby GT500 into one of these rare supercars should contact John Walker at the Las Vegas factory at (702) 942-7325.

About Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company has partnered with Ford Motor Company to build the Shelby GT, Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT-H, which are based on the current

Mustang. For more information about Shelby Automobiles, visit www.shelbyautos.com.

I've been both "totally on" and "totally off" on this upgrade package. This black Super Snake photo throws me back into complete indecision. I'm waiting for more details to be released. However, if they keep posting photos like this, it's not going to be fair. Damn that looks good.

How am I going to break it to my kids they are no longer going to a four year college, but rather a two year school now! :hysterical2:

HSURB

crispy, I've not read anything about getting the 40th + the ss packages. Do you know anything such as additional price and options regarding this?

2 options- 600 HP and 725 HP. You can get a 40th with the SS package, a KR/SS package, or an SS package with either HP setting. 600 HP carries warranty, 725 HP no warranty. No other details regarding optional paths have been released. Hope this helps! ;)

I've been both "totally on" and "totally off" on this upgrade package. This black Super Snake photo throws me back into complete indecision. I'm waiting for more details to be released. However, if they keep posting photos like this, it's not going to be fair. Damn that looks good.

How am I going to break it to my kids they are no longer going to a four year college, but rather a two year school now! :hysterical2:

HSURB

Okay...you said "kids", not "kid", right???? You got 2?

2 years each= 4 years of college. Collectively. :hysterical:

They should have read the fine print!!! :hysterical2:

If you look close at the black SS photo, it looks like the hood pins are the classic ones with the cables, not the screw down type that they should be.

Also, I agree that "GT500 Super Snake" on the stripes looks and sounds better.

Amy stated that the pic of the black SS is not one of theirs so I wouldn't put any credence to it.

If you look close at the black SS photo, it looks like the hood pins are the classic ones with the cables, not the screw down type that they should be.

Also, I agree that "GT500 Super Snake" on the stripes looks and sounds better.

According to Amy (SAI), from one of her posts, the black SS picture was NOT released by SAI. She advised the hood would have the push and turn hood pins, just like the original KR hoods. She also indicated the hood is not correct in the picture. Apparently the red photo is the one released by SAI.

Are we getting a new transmission with ss package or is these just worded wrong "# 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio"

Amy said a whole new rear end and new transmission!

According to Amy (SAI), from one of her posts, the black SS picture was NOT released by SAI. She advised the hood would have the push and turn hood pins, just like the original KR hoods. She also indicated the hood is not correct in the picture. Apparently the red photo is the one released by SAI.

The only SS in exsistence is red with flat black/dark grey vinyl stripes, dark tinted windows, blacked out headlights, and blacked out tail lights. It has cable type hood pins. The production car may have the push and turn pins, but the prototype does not.

The car will have a complete new rear end, not just a new ring and pinion. It will not have a new transmission. The short throw shifter will be added.

The only SS in exsistence is red with flat black/dark grey vinyl stripes, dark tinted windows, blacked out headlights, and blacked out tail lights. It has cable type hood pins. The production car may have the push and turn pins, but the prototype does not.

The car will have a complete new rear end, not just a new ring and pinion. It will not have a new transmission. The short throw shifter will be added.

Thanks jimbobbeg. I thought I read somewhere that transmission was new, but obviously mistaken.

I hope the twist pins make it to production, this is an important factor to many, myself included.

2 options- 600 HP and 725 HP. You can get a 40th with the SS package, a KR/SS package, or an SS package with either HP setting. 600 HP carries warranty, 725 HP no warranty. No other details regarding optional paths have been released. Hope this helps! ;)

Crispy, I love the SS pkg on a GT500 even @ 28k but does it make any sense to add the SS pkg to the KR is the KR already have suspension work, 550hp, Kevlar hood, gears, shifter, interior upgrades & other goodies? As the KR has bunches of the good stuff already that SAI would be installing, shouldn't the KR get a big break on pricing for the SS pkg?.....shoyoright.....

Thanks for the info crispy...I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what SAI comes up with :waiting:

Crispy, I love the SS pkg on a GT500 even @ 28k but does it make any sense to add the SS pkg to the KR is the KR already have suspension work, 550hp, Kevlar hood, gears, shifter, interior upgrades & other goodies? As the KR has bunches of the good stuff already that SAI would be installing, shouldn't the KR get a big break on pricing for the SS pkg?.....shoyoright.....

yes, it will be less if you start with a KR

Guys, I don't know where that black car came from, its not ours. The only one we have is the red one. If you look closely, the hood does even match

The side stripe will have Gt500 and Super snake like in the red car picture, we are still working on the sizing and layout, but its close

Amy

Amy,

Why have Super Snake in the side rocker stripe and, only 10 inches above that location, have it spelled out again in the cobra emblem. It looks Detroit cheesy. I know, I'm from Ann Arbor. I've lived in Cali now for 16 years and can tell the difference between feathered hair with tapered jeans versus what's in style today. Putting Super Snake in the side rocker stripe is feathered hair and tapered jeans. Just leave it in the cobra emblem. That's tasteful, elegant and a mature look. Besides, the triple stripe tells the story. Leave the GT500 side rocker stripe just the way it is today which is the same way the 67 looked.

Second, please don't leave the rear side windows blacked out. Either put a functional side scoop or leave it the way it is now.

I beg you...please don't cheese up the Super Snake.

Archived