TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT: Information and Photos (Coupe and Convertible)

Staff

2008 Shelby GT Mustang Photos and Information

• Addition of a convertible model.

• Vista Blue become standard color.

• Production dropped to 2,100 units.

shelbygt_081.jpg

(DEARBORN, MICHIGAN) StangsUnleashed.com - The Shelby GT is back for 2008 with a few changes. The most notable and highly anticipated change for 2008 is the addition of a convertible version. According to sources, the convertible version will make up an estimated 70% of all 2008 Shelby GTs made, however, that won't be too many since a total run of only 2,100 units will be made. Since the Shelby GT convertibles are expected to be hugely popular, they might exceed the 70% estimated production mix.

The second change for 2008 is the elimination of both Performance White and Black Ebony as exterior color choices - all 2008 Shelby GT models will be made in Vista Blue with Metallic Silver stripes.

The 2008 Shelby GT will use the same 4.6L engine as the 2007 model, which produces 319 horsepower. Like the 2007 Shelby GT, the 2008 model will include a cold air intake, Ford racing mufflers and premium fuel calibration. There will be two transmission options: a manual and an automatic - only 525 Shelby GTs will be produced with the automatic transmission option.

shelbygt_082.jpg

Functional Equipment

18" (64W) polished aluminum Bullitt wheels

FR Handling Package

Front and rear sway bars

Tuned dampers, springs, bushings

Cross-tower brace

FR short-throw shifter (manual only)

Upgraded rear axle (3.55 AT)

Bright aluminum pedals

Standard air bags (standard on all 2008 Mustangs)

Appearance Items

Hood pins and hood Scoop

Shelby grille insert and Pony badge

Shelby racing and body side stripes

Shelby GT sill plate & floor mats w/ Shelby logo

Shelby dash plaque, under-hood engine plaque

Powered by Ford fender badges

Shelby Light Bar (convertible only)

GT/CS front and rear fascias, side scoops.

Unique Shelby window sticker

If you're interested in a 2008 Shelby GT, your selling dealer needs to order the 54U upfitter option (price remains same as 2007 Shelby GT) and include a ship to code of 88WKH7.

• Coupe MSRP: $9,500.00

• Convertible MSRP: $11,800.00

2008 Shelby GT production (JOB1) will start in August of 2007 and end in November.

shelbygt_081.jpg

(DEARBORN, MICHIGAN) StangsUnleashed.com - The Shelby GT is back for 2008 with a few changes. The most notable and highly anticipated change for 2008 is the addition of a convertible version. According to sources, the convertible version will make up an estimated 70% of all 2008 Shelby GTs made, however, that won't be too many since a total run of only 2,100 units will be made. Since the Shelby GT convertibles are expected to be hugely popular, they might exceed the 70% estimated production mix.

The second change for 2008 is the elimination of both Performance White and Black Ebony as exterior color choices - all 2008 Shelby GT models will be made in Vista Blue with Metallic Silver stripes.

The 2008 Shelby GT will use the same 4.6L engine as the 2007 model, which produces 319 horsepower. Like the 2007 Shelby GT, the 2008 model will include a cold air intake, Ford racing mufflers and premium fuel calibration. There will be two transmission options: a manual and an automatic - only 525 Shelby GTs will be produced with the automatic transmission option.

shelbygt_082.jpg

Functional Equipment

FR Handling Package

Front and rear sway bars

Cross-tower brace

Bright aluminum pedals

Appearance Items

Hood pins and hood Scoop

Powered by Ford fender badges

Shelby Light Bar (convertible only)

GT/CS front and rear fascias, side scoops.

Unique Shelby window sticker

If you're interested in a 2008 Shelby GT, your selling dealer needs to order the 54U upfitter option (price remains same as 2007 Shelby GT) and include a ship to code of 88WKH7.

• Coupe MSRP: $9,500.00

• Convertible MSRP: $11,800.00

2008 Shelby GT production (JOB1) will start in August of 2008 and end in November.

Sweet! Addition of convertible and only available in Vista Blue....

Staff,

Did you mean to write that production would begin in August of 2007, not 2008?

Really wish the changed the hood. Instead of a non functional scoop to a functional or atleast a heat extraction hood. As much as I love mustangs I equally dislike hood scoops that don't work.

EDIT: I do however like the choice to reduce production and change to blue...

shelbygt_081.jpg

shelbygt_082.jpg

Functional Equipment

FR Handling Package

Front and rear sway bars

Cross-tower brace

Bright aluminum pedals

Appearance Items

Hood pins and hood Scoop