TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt350R - What Do You Think?

I'm sure this Mustang is great probably top to bottom the best looking and best performing ever. However, we ALL will have to wait for the 1:18 diecast unless you're an established racing team and or have Jay Leno's pockets because my guess is you will buy the GT350R direct from FORD

I agree, I will be waiting for the 1;18 scale, for any of the new cars for that matter!

This is not the race car. That will be coming later. In what form, I don't know. This would be more on the lines of the old Cobra R models

This is z28 fighter..... Ford wants Car and Driver, Road and Track, Automobile, etc to test it a Barber and say the GT350 is a better track car that a z28.

Shoot, Ford wants them to test it against a 911...I dont think the Z28 is the target anymore.

Ford cant play big fish in the pond if it expects to play on the other side of the sea. If you want global success, you have to compete on the global level, not the local one.

These words were almost verbatim from Raj Nair about 18 months ago in a meeting I got to represent Team Shelby for. I dont think he really thought he was dropping much of a soundbyte, but it struck me with full force that Ford was no longer concerning themselves with GM.

I dont blame them. From a "consumer's" point of view, at the auto show I recently attended the Chevrolet cars looked and felt very cheap by comparison next to the Ford vehicles. And the Z28 is now heavily discounted.

Sean, that's ALWAYS been a trademark of the Generals cars IMO. Plasticky, overly "grainy" plastics (most people will get what I mean by that) and poor fit and finish on said plastic trim pieces. If you look at the German car interiors (for instance) , the materials have smooth or if grainy, the grain and "orange peel" if you will, has a higher count per inch like better more expensive sheets. :lol:

The new Z28 may be a beast to track, but it appears to have all of this plastic bolt on crap with high gloss black finishes that make it look like a Hot Wheels toy.

I agree. I loved the 2000 Cobra R wing. This wing is actually growing on me. I think it depends on the angle you see it. From the rear, i think it looks the best.

http://www.motorauthority.com/image/100496866_2016-ford-mustang

• 1 month later...

I went from an '03 Cobra to an'08 GT500, huge improvement for sure but short of what it shoul have been. Take a good look at the '15s, totally new world. Great looks layout and quality of materials. Big step up the ladder and really at a parody with the Euro stuff.

+1 I sat in a new '15 and the interior quality seemed top-shelf.

The new GT350 I ordered from my dealer ( delivery late of this year) is in Avalanche Grey, to go along with my 07 Tungston Grey. it is like having a little brother for the 07. I did get the track pack option so her shoes will turn a little tighter. I might just need the extra 350 lbs. that the R version gets rid of..

Archived