TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruise 2 Carmel, Lunch @ Baja Cantina - Saturday 10/4/2014

SVT NAJA

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOB AND EVA in there black gt 5.0 will be joining you guys to carmel. Plan on meeting at the Gilroy mcdonald the second stop.

Bob and Eva,

Welcome to Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region! We're looking forward to having the 2 of you joining us for the cruise to Carmel this Saturday to enjoy a great buffet at the Baja Cantina.

Weather looks like it's going to be sunny and warm. I'll get you posted up on page 1. We'll see you in Gilroy!

Jim

Aggie,

It's very good news to hear that you and Scott have had a busy summer! But, it will be great to see both of you on the 4th.

We can make a brief stop at Bernal as the conga line heads south on I-680 if that helps. Let me know...

Jim

Jim,

Do you have a meet time for us Pleasanton folks?

Thanks!

Hi Jim,

Anna and I will also meet at Bernal in Pleasanton if you decide to stop by there, if not just let us know if there is another area to meet or we will just watch for you and merge onto the freeway.

Thanks!

Danny

I'm headed over to Laguna Seca Raceway after the lunch to meet Russ and set up our pit spot for the SCCA National Runoffs. Practice starts on Monday.

KP,

Could we possibly arrange for a TS-PCR group photo-op at LSR after we leave BC?

Jim

Debra and I will be out of town, and cannot make it.

Have fun!

TD,

We'll catch you 2 on the next one, which will probably be the TS-PCR Christmas charity cruise to Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford followed by lunch at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company on Saturday December 6th.

Jim

Jim,

Do you have a meet time for us Pleasanton folks?

Thanks!

Hi Jim,

Anna and I will also meet at Bernal in Pleasanton if you decide to stop by there, if not just let us know if there is another area to meet or we will just watch for you and merge onto the freeway.

Thanks!

Danny

Aggie and Danny,

We'll plan on meeting Tri-Valley members at the parking area on W.Lagoon off Bernal and I-680 shown here about 9:20am this Saturday. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pleasanton,+CA&ll=37.656467,-121.901422&spn=0.00573,0.008256&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&hnear=Pleasanton,+Alameda+County,+California&t=h&z=18

Jim

If you've been on the fence about joining us for the Cruise 2 Carmel - 2014, this Friday morning is the cutoff as I need to provide the Baja Cantina with a car and guest count.

See you this Saturday.

Jim

KP,

Could we possibly arrange for a TS-PCR group photo-op at LSR after we leave BC?

Jim

I'm sure we could work something out - it may not be in the paddock area but we could find a spot to do a photo opt.

That would be really cool for the cover of DRIVEN!

Hopefully you can find a good spot

Aggie and Danny,

We'll plan on meeting Tri-Valley members at the parking area on W.Lagoon off Bernal and I-680 shown here about 9:20am this Saturday. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pleasanton,+CA&ll=37.656467,-121.901422&spn=0.00573,0.008256&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&hnear=Pleasanton,+Alameda+County,+California&t=h&z=18

Jim

Got it!!

Thank You!

I'm sure we could work something out - it may not be in the paddock area but we could find a spot to do a photo opt.

That would be really cool for the cover of DRIVEN!

Hopefully you can find a good spot

I will reach out to a buddy who works/volunteers there and see if he has any input and relay to SVT NAJA. Stand-by

This would be a great time for those attending and a perfect cover photo for DRIVEN!

Best of luck Harald!

Due to another commitment I'm not going to be able to make this cruise. Have fun!

Dan,

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll catch you on the next one. Christmas charity cruise is tentatively scheduled for Saturday December 6th.

Jim

My friend is thinking the green grass area across from the paddock (other side of the bridge) where many vendors set up during the larger races. He does not think the track would be an option, however, he is doing some follow-up. I will share once he gets back to me.

Jim--we were trying to sneak this in but not going to happen. Busy Saturday and hopefully the Boss will be arriving Sunday, hopefully.......

too bad bruce I was looking forward to seeing you in the new boss. I thought it would of been here in time.

Busy Saturday and hopefully the Boss will be arriving Sunday, hopefully.......

Bruce,

Congrats! Look forward to the pix when it arrives.

We've got two track events still this year with NorCal SAAC

Fall Classic at Thunderhill, Oct 18-19

Laguna Bowl @ LS, Nov 28

We (Taylor and I) will have the Boss out at Laguna. Will be in Vegas for the Ford GT Rally in Oct that same weekend, otherwise, we'd be at T-Hill.

This would be a great time for those attending and a perfect cover photo for DRIVEN!

Best of luck Harald!

Jim (SVT NAJA), spoke to SCRAMP staff. Not much going on Saturday so their should be no issues. The parking areas near the lake area are acceptable. The island is off limits as vendors will be setting up. Cannot park on the grass. I attached a pdf highlighted. There may be other options but this is what was shared.

Hope it helps.

Laguna Seca.pdf

Jim--we were trying to sneak this in but not going to happen. Busy Saturday and hopefully the Boss will be arriving Sunday, hopefully.......

too bad bruce I was looking forward to seeing you in the new boss. I thought it would of been here in time.

Bruce,

Congrats! Look forward to the pix when it arrives.

We've got two track events still this year with NorCal SAAC

Fall Classic at Thunderhill, Oct 18-19

Laguna Bowl @ LS, Nov 28

We (Taylor and I) will have the Boss out at Laguna. Will be in Vegas for the Ford GT Rally in Oct that same weekend, otherwise, we'd be at T-Hill.

Bruce,

We're looking forward to seeing the new addition to your garage. We'll catch you at the next TS-PCR event.

Jim

Jim (SVT NAJA), spoke to SCRAMP staff. Not much going on Saturday so their should be no issues. The parking areas near the lake area are acceptable. The island is off limits as vendors will be setting up. Cannot park on the grass. I attached a pdf highlighted. There may be other options but this is what was shared.

Hope it helps.

Harald,

Another great photo-op location outside the island is seen here off Access Road where we can line up with the exit to the Corkscrew in the background. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=LAGUNA+SECA&ll=36.586518,-121.749995&spn=0.010837,0.020449&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&cid=15977476545628682432&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=36.58717,-121.751992&panoid=vs25OjBZ_bywekGzPApWZA&cbp=12,115.67,,1,0

Jim

Harald,

Another great photo-op location outside the island is seen here off Access Road where we can line up with the entry to the Corkscrew in the background. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=LAGUNA+SECA&ll=36.586518,-121.749995&spn=0.010837,0.020449&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&cid=15977476545628682432&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=36.58717,-121.751992&panoid=vs25OjBZ_bywekGzPApWZA&cbp=12,115.67,,1,0

Jim

Copy. Barloy Canyon also has some nice vista photo op options. Long & short, this should work out for the group.

Archived