TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Museum Delivery

ShelbyPilot

I meant to do this earlier but have had a busy week since and now I hope to remember more than I forgot. These are things I learned during my Museum Delivery. I am not going to spoil any of the Museum delivery secrets, just things I learned about our cars. Those who have been, feel free to add things I missed or forgot. I was in a bit of a daze. SAI, if you don't like, I am sorry.

1. As of May 18th, 2007 SAI had completed over 3000 cars with over 1200 on the lot. The latter cars in various stage from just arrived to waiting for a truck.

2. The build process in a nut shell. The cars arrive. They are PDI and then striped. Then they wait for a two man team to take ownership of the vehicle. That team does the rest of the Shelby GT modification one car at a time. The cars are test driven and then parked until shipped.

3. This is one of the coolest: The two man team signs the car in an undisclosed location.....becareful if you start tearing your cars apart. :P

4. The front sway bar is adjustable. There are three holes on each end. It is set on the softest setting but easily adjusted.

5. The supercharger is tuned for a 50 state legal 462HP.

6. There is another Shelby museum in Gardena, CA. I might have to take a 30 minute drive.

7. The stock ford parts that were removed from the car are warehoused out as used parts.

hmmmm, I can't help but think there is more. I'll post if I remember.

If you can't or weren't able to do a Museum Delivery, I highly recommend taking a trip to the Vegas before production is completed. Talk to SAI before hand tell them your VIN or CSM and go see the tour. It is worth the money. Besides doesn't airfare and hotels get cheap during the Vegas summer.

Do they sign the car in a spot where it will be preserved for years to come ?

Did you know that crispy made a new rule....No secrets. :hysterical:

:hysterical: ....oh I forgot. Hmmm, make Crispy mad or Amy mad.....sorry Crispy.

I don't know where they signed it I have been away from my Sheby GT longer than I have been at home with it.

I meant to do this earlier but have had a busy week since and now I hope to remember more than I forgot. These are things I learned during my Museum Delivery. I am not going to spoil any of the Museum delivery secrets, just things I learned about our cars. Those who have been, feel free to add things I missed or forgot. I was in a bit of a daze. SAI, if you don't like, I am sorry.

1. As of May 18th, 2007 SAI had completed over 3000 cars with over 1200 on the lot. The latter cars in various stage from just arrived to waiting for a truck.

2. The build process in a nut shell. The cars arrive. They are PDI and then striped. Then they wait for a two man team to take ownership of the vehicle. That team does the rest of the Shelby GT modification one car at a time. The cars are test driven and then parked until shipped.

3. This is one of the coolest: The two man team signs the car in an undisclosed location.....becareful if you start tearing your cars apart. :P

4. The front sway bar is adjustable. There are three holes on each end. It is set on the softest setting but easily adjusted.

5. The supercharger is tuned for a 50 state legal 462HP.

6. There is another Shelby museum in Gardena, CA. I might have to take a 30 minute drive.

7. The stock ford parts that were removed from the car are warehoused out as used parts.

hmmmm, I can't help but think there is more. I'll post if I remember.

If you can't or weren't able to do a Museum Delivery, I highly recommend taking a trip to the Vegas before production is completed. Talk to SAI before hand tell them your VIN or CSM and go see the tour. It is worth the money. Besides doesn't airfare and hotels get cheap during the Vegas summer.

"1. As of May 18th, 2007 SAI had completed over 3000 cars with over 1200 on the lot. The latter cars in various stage from just arrived to waiting for a truck"

I would hope it is way over 3,000 completed. Otherwise it sounds like they will still be shipping cars out a few months after 08 mustangs have been on the ground!

They are suppose to building 6,000 total for 07. With only half completed in 5 months this could drag out through Aug to Sept and the 08's will be hitting lots in July.

:hysterical: ....oh I forgot. Hmmm, make Crispy mad or Amy mad.....sorry Crispy.

I don't know where they signed it I have been away from my Sheby GT longer than I have been at home with it.

What would be the point of signing it and not being able to see it?

just passing on what I was told. I was a little hesitant posting about the signatures because I don't like passing on bad info. However, when I was told about the signatures, I confirmed twice.

The point, I think is more for the mechanics that built the car. Maybe it was a grass roots thing the mechanics came up with and not authorized for public display. It isn't like the signature is Mr. Shelby's. I will have alot of free time when I get home. Maybe I'll get the jack stands out.

just passing on what I was told. I was a little hesitant posting about the signatures because I don't like passing on bad info. However, when I was told about the signatures, I confirmed twice.

The point, I think is more for the mechanics that built the car. Maybe it was a grass roots thing the mechanics came up with and not authorized for public display. It isn't like the signature is Mr. Shelby's. I will have alot of free time when I get home. Maybe I'll get the jack stands out.

Once you dis-assemble the entire car and tag and bag it, please post the results of what you find. :hysterical:

What would be the point of signing it and not being able to see it?

Heritage. In other words, what would be neater than to be restoring your car in 2038 and find that Jim Shoe worked on your car! I like the idea. It's also a way to prove authenticity in the future. If someone says they have a true Shelby, but there are no signatures, then maybe they did it themselves at home.

AD

....I remembered one other thing. I said the supercharger is tuned for a 50 state legal 462HP. However, it is tuneable for more and comes with a tuner box. I don't remember which kind. It is at home in my garage. I'll post it when I get back if somebody doesn't sooner.

....I remembered one other thing. I said the supercharger is tuned for a 50 state legal 462HP. However, it is tuneable for more and comes with a tuner box. I don't remember which kind. It is at home in my garage. I'll post it when I get back if somebody doesn't sooner.

It's a Diablo tuner.

Did you know that crispy made a new rule....No secrets. :hysterical:

No secrets unless they stay secret! What happens in Vegas stays (kind of) quiet in Vegas, then rips out of the parking lot with a loud roar! :hysterical2:

"1. As of May 18th, 2007 SAI had completed over 3000 cars with over 1200 on the lot. The latter cars in various stage from just arrived to waiting for a truck"

I would hope it is way over 3,000 completed. Otherwise it sounds like they will still be shipping cars out a few months after 08 mustangs have been on the ground!

They are suppose to building 6,000 total for 07. With only half completed in 5 months this could drag out through Aug to Sept and the 08's will be hitting lots in July.

Processing of the cars has been GREATLY accellerated since that date. No problemo.. ;)

Heritage. In other words, what would be neater than to be restoring your car in 2038 and find that Jim Shoe worked on your car! I like the idea. It's also a way to prove authenticity in the future. If someone says they have a true Shelby, but there are no signatures, then maybe they did it themselves at home.

AD

EXACTLY! I think it's a great touch! :)

Archived