TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"the Black List"

6f09

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotted two not on the list for sale on Cars on line.

CSM 3386

only had picture of exterior and Dash plaque displaying CSM 3386

has Premium package due to CSM plaque on bright dash plates.

Has Chrome wheels that came on the White Shelby GT's. No other details without emailing the seller.

Also CSM 0190

only details 7,700 miles. Exterior picture only. Has Black Razor Wheels.

Saw #0149 today at a show in Stoney Creek, Ontario, a Canadian import. Spoke with the owner who purchased just a month ago, with original paperwork. Unmolested and looks like new, 15Kmi, black interior, 5 spd, Shaker 1000 with nav, non-iup. Carrol Shelby autograph on the back of passenger sun visor (with paperwork). Stripes and scoop look clean and tight. Original tires. Hood pin plates had one spot of paint lift.

• 3 months later...

07SGT0016. Lowest # so far..... sweet 16......First batch of 25 built..... ICU Charcoal rarest. 5 speed. Interesting history 3318 miles as of 10/1/17 . Canton GA mint condition.

See pictures below @ the Scottsdale international auto museum. Helped keep the miles down. Was used @ the 85/86 birthday to drive Carroll Shelby around the track. Signatures on visor , head rest and hood. Bob Bondurant also. Neat car.

post-9597-0-36882000-1506862619_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-48588100-1506863132_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-94669500-1506863198_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-13370800-1506863889_thumb.jpg

217CA7A4-638D-44D4-A6E1-5BC0DCAE2DD7.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Washed up ole #5671 today for the first time since March 2016. Bought her in Feb. 2016 with 168 miles on the clock, and on April 13, 2016 Cozmo passed away. I've driven her time and again in all that time, but never cared to take the time to wash it after Coz died. Frankly, never did much of anything for a very long time after he died.

The odo now reads 1932 miles, and I'm starting to get over his passing. So today, I got motivated to clean her up.

I drove by this cool old service station here in Princeton NJ., and always thought someday it'd be a cool place for a photo op! I also played with the new iPad on the pics...doctoring up each one for different effects. I really like this car, and as my current DD here in NJ. (at least until the snow flies), I've become quite accustomed to the 'lesser' horsepower compared to my other Stangs, but the Hutzpah these SGT's possess is like NO other!!! Thank you Carroll! :worship:

24126050708_124ac4a595_z_d.jpg

26201553989_84ea33a477_z_d.jpg

24126052048_340becf7db_z_d.jpg

26201555629_61e6a58b3b_z_d.jpg

Great pictures and cool effects. Sorry about your loss ......our little dog travels a lot with us in our motorhome. Yeah these SGTs are something special. My C7 may be faster but the SGT just has soul. Those black wheels were ahead of their time style wise. Now 10 years later they look great.

BAD91DA6-035B-45F5-BD6A-C317A1974B3E.jpeg

Great pictures and cool effects. Sorry about your loss ......our little dog travels a lot with us in our motorhome. Yeah these SGTs are something special. My C7 may be faster but the SGT just has soul. Those black wheels were ahead of their time style wise. Now 10 years later they look great.

So true about the black rims.....AND our C7’s.

Thx.

Great story as a dogs love is unconditional so we all understand.

You SGT looks great I have to admit my black SGT/SC was my favorite. The color combo is menacing.

Nice pic’s.

Thank you Dave. Your new Paxton car is a piece of art though, my friend !!

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread, but new to the forum and the Shelby world!  

I now claim ownership of my first Shelby (and classic car, for that matter) #3678.  Has 10710 miles.  Automatic, black leather interior, so I think it is the upgrade, and has a shaker 1000.

I have a question about the Shelby badge on the trunk lid.  Mine, and I have seen others like it, has the SHELBY badge that barely stretches across the stripes.  I can see the very faint outline of the letters (on the stripes, especially) where there was the spread-out lettering.  Any reason the badging would have been changed?  I have seen others online for sale that have the same "bunched" badge.  Thanks for your help and I look forward to digging into the Shelby world some more!

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Resurrecting an old thread, but new to the forum and the Shelby world!  

I now claim ownership of my first Shelby (and classic car, for that matter) #3678.  Has 10710 miles.  Automatic, black leather interior, so I think it is the upgrade, and has a shaker 1000.

I have a question about the Shelby badge on the trunk lid.  Mine, and I have seen others like it, has the SHELBY badge that barely stretches across the stripes.  I can see the very faint outline of the letters (on the stripes, especially) where there was the spread-out lettering.  Any reason the badging would have been changed?  I have seen others online for sale that have the same "bunched" badge.  Thanks for your help and I look forward to digging into the Shelby world some more!

Congratulations!

Picture?

Proper placement of the lettering would put the S and Y outside the stripes.

I've seen a few SGT's that either compressed the lettering within the stripe, or moved the letter badging to the left like the GT500 (personal choice). There is another member in the stripes thread that replaced the silver 9" stripes with matte black 10.25" stripes, placed the lettering at the correct spacing that made the S and Y within the stripes.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:56 AM, BlackSGT said:

Congratulations!

Picture?

I've seen a few SGT's that either compressed the lettering within the stripe, or moved the letter badging to the left like the GT500 (personal choice). There is another member in the stripes thread that replaced the silver 9" stripes with matte black 10.25" stripes, placed the lettering at the correct spacing that made the S and Y within the stripes.

I tried to post a pic but the file was too big. I’m not real techy and couldn’t figure out how to downsize the file on my iPhone or MacBook. 

The letters are all within the stripes. Will continue to attempt to post a pic!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 9:56 AM, BlackSGT said:

Congratulations!

Picture?

I have attached a photo.  As I said, I have seen other 07SGT with this style badge as opposed to the spread-out version.  I am considering buying the other lettering and template available on this site to replace this badging.

fullsizeoutput_16a.jpeg

For 2008 SGT with the original style chrome letters.

Clean the area with wax and grease remover. Then run1/2" masking tape along the total length and use pieces of the tape for the verticle spacings, then stick the letters on.

1371516594.jpg.c15793ef214bb441ad47e4db15678984.jpg

49 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I have attached a photo.  As I said, I have seen other 07SGT with this style badge as opposed to the spread-out version.  I am considering buying the other lettering and template available on this site to replace this badging.

fullsizeoutput_16a.jpeg

That's the GT500 lettering (larger).

This is the correct lettering  http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/S8MS-16606.htm

Select the stick on lettering (not the pin type)

Use the letter spacing that NZ Shelby KR provided above.

Make sure to clean the paint and stripes with alcohol before applying lettering.

:rockon:

Looks like the lettering is $50 and the template is $25.  I'll probably get that done to bring it back to original.

Thanks for the help.  I'm new to all this.

Bikeboy,

That's a beautiful ride!

14 hours ago, Big Al said:

Looks like the lettering is $50 and the template is $25.  I'll probably get that done to bring it back to original.

Thanks for the help.  I'm new to all this.

Bikeboy,

That's a beautiful ride!

:salute:

Thank ya, Big Al!! Welcome to the S H E L B Y community! 

• 4 weeks later...

07SGT0134 (5 speed) here in Peoria, IL. Bought it back in February 2018, after doing a Carfax report on it,

found out I'm the 3rd owner. 1st owner put less than 7K in 6 yrs. of ownership and I got it with just a bit

over127K, Options include navigation with a kicker 500 and Deluxe gauge pkg. Its got the Eleanor 1/4

scoops and the GT 500 decklid spoiler. Looking at having the stripes painted on and cleared in the not to

distant future.   Keith

my07GT.jpg

Archived