TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nose Job?

I'm not afraid to say when the Shelby GT's came out they were far from perfect and if you think they were then you need a lot more experience driving different types of cars. Every single Shelby GT that left SAI with a supercharger had way too much horsepower for that Ford Racing suspension which is not very good and that is a fact. For those of us who have had vintage Mustangs with big blocks what happened to the car when you really punched it, it started to twist like a pretzel and the GT's should have had a top quality suspension other than what it came it.

Nope.

Jer

I'm not afraid to say when the Shelby GT's came out they were far from perfect and if you think they were then you need a lot more experience driving different types of cars. Every single Shelby GT that left SAI with a supercharger had way too much horsepower for that Ford Racing suspension which is not very good and that is a fact. For those of us who have had vintage Mustangs with big blocks what happened to the car when you really punched it, it started to twist like a pretzel and the GT's should have had a top quality suspension other than what it came it.

What is the basis of this claim? My GT/SC was rock solid and handled like a dream, both before and after the GT/SC upgrade. I thought at the time that the 427 in Cobra could flip the car over if I got it into an oscillation, but the Shelby never even rocked a little when I bumped the accelerator.

What is the basis of this claim? My GT/SC was rock solid and handled like a dream, both before and after the GT/SC upgrade. I thought at the time that the 427 in Cobra could flip the car over if I got it into an oscillation, but the Shelby never even rocked a little when I bumped the accelerator.

That was my experience as well with my GT/SC.

Jim

Same here. Even at ridiculous speed. (on the track, of course)

Could it be better? Sure. FR suspension not good? Hmmm

I can tell you that I am not good enough to get everything Betsy has to give, and I've been driving almost 40 years.

Archived