TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Comlimenting the SGT with an '08 GT500

mosconiac

My Dad & I went in together on a SGT and we're having a blast with it. He stopped by for lunch today in the SGT and said he had some documents that would knock my socks off. It was information about the '08 GT500. Basically, he said, "Let's do it again with a 500! The dealer put us on the list." How can I turn that offer down?

He then told me about the possibility of going for a KR upgrade. We aren't quite sure how to go about that (is the car delivered as a KR or do you send your car back to them for the upgrade?), but we are pretty sure we will go that extra step.

Just had to let our fellow SGT owners in on our excitement. :happy feet:

I'm throwing up a photo or two of my Dad & I picking up the SGT so everyone knows I serious...and not 18yo.

IMG_0415small.jpg

DealerPhoto.jpg

Yes, I am embarrased that the salesman caught me with my mouth agape!

My Dad & I went in together on a SGT and we're having a blast with it. He stopped by for lunch today in the SGT and said he had some documents that would knock my socks off. It was information about the '08 GT500. Basically, he said, "Let's do it again with a 500! The dealer put us on the list." How can I turn that offer down?

He then told me about the possibility of going for a KR upgrade. We aren't quite sure how to go about that (is the car delivered as a KR or do you send your car back to them for the upgrade?), but we are pretty sure we will go that extra step.

Just had to let our fellow SGT owners in on our excitement. :happy feet:

I'm throwing up a photo or two of my Dad & I picking up the SGT so everyone knows I serious...and not 18yo.

IMG_0415small.jpg

DealerPhoto.jpg

Yes, I am embarrased that the salesman caught me with my mouth agape!

The KR is built as a KR. Ford is only building 1,000 of these. So far they have not announced how they will give out allocation on these. Rumor is it will be by a lottery to determine which dealers will get one.

There is about 3,700 dealers with only 1,000 to go around. I suspect some dealers will even get more than one. Ford loves to play favorites with the bigger dealers. So some of those dealers may get 2 or 3 leaving less to go around to the other dealers.

It is also rumored this car will be $100K+ to get one. A number of buyers have already offered that just to get one if their dealer gets one.

Archived