TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Batch of GT500KR Wheels for sale to the General Public

Grabber

hey 09 Red GT500, I got the hood from Cervinis, It's a KR style hood. If you order it talk to Jim. I had to re-shoot the hood myself because the Vapor had modeling in it. I didn't like the decal so I painted the stripes also.

I get a lot of compliments on the hood. I like the twist locks. Ed

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine are scheduled for delivery today. Glad I didn't think about it for too long before I ordered. These will be purely for looks on my car, as they will not hold enough meat to get as good of traction as my current 11" wide rears.

Did they arrive in perfect shape with the double box method...single wheels. I am looking forward to seeing some photos of your car with these wheels on it.

They came from SAI. Jer already said he would find replacements for anybody.

Yes indeed. In fact the entire mother-load of Wheels was once there...from what I read on that other thread. Some of the wheels had rubber mounted on them and then the rubber was demounted. A bead breaker bar damaged some edges of the wheels. These wheels got mixed in with all the new ones that were shipped out to dealers to sell. You must of got one of these used wheels.

A good tire shop has a state of the art tire machine that has no steel bars touch the wheels. Be sure to ask for that when you get your tires mounted.

Did they arrive in perfect shape with the double box method...single wheels. I am looking forward to seeing some photos of your car with these wheels on it.

Missed the UPS man yesterday. Hopefully today because I'm out of town until next Monday.

I'll have to purchase tires before installing. That will be more investigative work on my part. Looking at the Nitto 555R and the Toyo R888 in the 305/35/18 size. They may be too wide for a 9.5" wheel.

Hopefully the wheels are new and not damaged. They should have stated that on the website before you order them. I do know that there are 4 boxes because I received 4 e-mails stating four different tracking numbers.

Great !! I assume that Mike is with the company that you posted the link to in the very first post?

Yes sir. And I saw the pallets of brand new wheels. They were factory molded pallets and the wheels had never been taken off of the pallets. The wheels you bought went from the pallet to the ford racing box and then into another double box. NEW.

Yes sir. And I saw the pallets of brand new wheels. They were factory molded pallets and the wheels had never been taken off of the pallets. The wheels you bought went from the pallet to the ford racing box and then into another double box. NEW.

Awesome, Grabber. Thanks for your help. Going to try and pick them up myself from UPS tonight.

Cool. I have 4 wheels arriving today too. My tracking order says that they are out for delivery now. My wife is at home to receive them. Hoping that the UPS delivery workers and handlers were able to handle the single 37# boxes easier than the large 70 pound box that they beat up last time.

Keeping my eyes out for if a set of those comes available again.

That's what get for going on vacation for a week. :rant2:

Skiph,

Keep an eye out and you will be able to get the KR wheels. 200 more are going to be available soon:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82685-50-sets-of-kr-wheels-200-just-auctioned-off/?do=findComment&comment=1477310

Mike at FRPP made sure that my delivery of KR Wheels was packed very well. Even had 1/4 inch foam on the finish face of each wheel. The Double boxs held up great.

THANKS FOR THE WHEELS MIKE. :clapping:

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

Grabber

Got mine last Tuesday. Had just enough time to open and inspect them before leaving for Palm Beach, FL. All wheels were double boxed and they look great. Now I just have to find tires to fit. May have to wait until next Spring since my son just made a "Club" volleyball team and it's very expensive to play. Oh Well, I only have a couple more years with him before college so I'm going to enjoy every minute.

Thanks again for posting the wheel availability. I'm happy I was able to get in on it.

Archived