TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbed my 1st Oil Change @ 919 miles

Grabber

My dealer gave me a freeoil change,but I do not plan in using it. At 303 mile I changed teh engine oil and filter, transmission oil and differential oil.......I supplied all the material and the shop billed me for labor only.....$130.00.......but I got to walk under the car and see everything they were doing........I will probably keep going back to this shop.

My dealer gave me a freeoil change,but I do not plan in using it. At 303 mile I changed teh engine oil and filter, transmission oil and differential oil.......I supplied all the material and the shop billed me for labor only.....$130.00.......but I got to walk under the car and see everything they were doing........I will probably keep going back to this shop.

It's funny you mention that I recieved my dealer letter telling me they had scheduled my 1st free oil change on FEB 9TH. It says "Remember, this first service is free of charge. Also this service is required under your factory warranty guidelines and is a vital service in the life of your vehicle". :waiting: So I go to the DEALER and ask them is this 1st service required to be done by the dealer and going to void my warranty if I change it? And the service manager came over and advised, "Oh KNow you can change it, but you better keep your receipts for the oil & Filter". I already save my receipts and such but word to the wise, About FORD. I wonder if they will void my warranty, when they see the C&L Intake and such if I take it to the dealer for the 1st one??? :waiting:

• 6 months later...
I did my 2nd oil change today after Ford installed my new clutch and tranny.

3600 miles on her today. I did the first oil change at 919. This one should take me untill the end of the Summer of 2008. This was the first time I have used these ramps on the front of the car. I had to use a 2X10 under them so the front splitter would not rub. Other then that, they worked great.

4630 miles on her today.

I did my 3rd oil change today after Ford just installed my new Flywheel and clutch. My last oil change was 6 months and 1 week ago, and a 1030 miles ago.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH yes.

I got the same letter. thought to myself " wow I can't do it for that much."

went in. showed them there letter. work commenced.

after draining oil. mech. came in , "uh we don't have any 5 50."

WHAT?

40 min later. We just got some castrol delivered. work commenced. again.

during this time test guy and I are commenting on the price can't believe how cheap.

Finally after an hour and 45mins. I see hear my car pull up.

walk up to the counter w/ my 2 lil twenty's in hand to pay and was informed the new price is $140?????????

due to them having to use castrol. Not my problem say I.

long story short i paid 35 w/ a 5 dollar tip. and was told that would never happen again. If i wouldn't of had that little piece of paper w/ the name GT500 on it and the price of 35 i would have been screwed.

Archived